you know what... FUCK TRADE!

"
Phrazz wrote:
You know what? I hate the fact that this game is balanced around trade. But this IS overreacting.

There may be 1000 of reasons why he was AFK. Hell, he could've had a heart attack for all you know. His house may had been on fire. The door bell rang. An important phone call. Again, 1000 of reasons.

Was it rude of him not to explain himself afterwards? Yes. But what the fuck are we supposed to do? When a game rewards behavior in the grey zone, rudeness is what we get.

I agreed with what you said till the last sentence, wtf man? How in earth does PoE rewards this behaviour. It has nothing to do with this game, but with the person itself.
If something like this has the power to ruin your day, life is going to be very difficult for you.
Offtopic, its funny how this was a lively discussion in General, and since it has been moved here not a single reply. lol
"
Miská wrote:
Offtopic, its funny how this was a lively discussion in General, and since it has been moved here not a single reply. lol

Out of sight out of mind, why else have a billion sub forums that people have to constantly check. Is the forum supposed to be as complex as the fucking passive tree or something? Who knows...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
meh theres always the possibility of AFK that isnt simply people being assholes.

and a lot of times its unexpected stuff-Im not going to sit in my hideout if something important is happening, like a phone call/text/etc, sorry. video game courteousy doesnt trump real-world urgency

I havent sold any stuff in ages (apart from trade chat monitoring when Im sorting my stash) because Im just too lazy, but when you list your stuff, you kinda take in account effort needed to sell that stuff. something for 1c or 5c usually isnt worth the potential effort, especially if it requires you to switch leagues.

now I understand this was prolly an age old listing you forgot about it, but if so it would be the best course of action to be a proactive asshole yourself and just ignore the whisper, it aint worth your time right here and right now

because if you reply back, chance is you get whispered to death, people for some reason dont get "no sry on different league"

Last edited by grepman on Jun 6, 2015, 7:27:31 PM
"
Miská wrote:

I agreed with what you said till the last sentence, wtf man? How in earth does PoE rewards this behaviour. It has nothing to do with this game, but with the person itself.

Well, in a long thread/debate some time ago, discussions went on about scamming. We're not talking overpricing, but intentionally fooling others for their own gain. I'm not saying people ought to get their items back, but allowing this kind of behavior when there's proof to be shown, is - well - indirectly rewarding it, saying "it's ok to scam and fool others for your own gain". When it's allowed, rude people will do it. There we go, rudeness.

Chris is even quoted saying something like "blablabla, Wreaclast is an unforgiving plave, blabla". If you really need me to, I may find the quote. But I don't think you need me to. But this is pretty off topic, so let's not go there.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 6, 2015, 7:43:38 PM
How is any of this thread new news?

If you interact with people in any setting (and especially online) you are going to run in to dickheads.

If you are going to let these incosequential idiots ruin your day then you need to harden up.
Also to note that the ignore function in this game is being abused. Most of the time it is morons ignoring nice players than the other way around.
or maybe hes too ashamed of himself for not waiting until you changed league
Maybe he died? Did you think of that? It happens. No need to get so upset over it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info