you know what... FUCK TRADE!

"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
Honestly is isnt so much the POE Trade system thats the issue here but disrespectful people have no regard for others what so ever!

Just like in the Beta where people SHOULD be testing builds instead we have half the trade tycoons trying to see how many exalts they can trade up for before each wipe just so they can pat themselves on the back about it! Instead of trying to make it easier for people to test they make it harder!

People are people i guess man! Dont sweat it theres an asshole behind every pile!

Thats why the beta is just a marketing ploy and not just a test. If they wanted to test things all they had to do was PM/email some people who they know will test the game thoroughly.

I hate to say it but your right it does kinda feel like a money grab now with the way everything is going with this Beta thing! Maybe im wrong but these been quite a few contradictory things said from GGG the past month and a half!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
Honestly is isnt so much the POE Trade system thats the issue here but disrespectful people have no regard for others what so ever!

Just like in the Beta where people SHOULD be testing builds instead we have half the trade tycoons trying to see how many exalts they can trade up for before each wipe just so they can pat themselves on the back about it! Instead of trying to make it easier for people to test they make it harder!

People are people i guess man! Dont sweat it theres an asshole behind every pile!

Thats why the beta is just a marketing ploy and not just a test. If they wanted to test things all they had to do was PM/email some people who they know will test the game thoroughly.

I hate to say it but your right it does kinda feel like a money grab now with the way everything is going with this Beta thing! Maybe im wrong but these been quite a few contradictory things said from GGG the past month and a half!

You have to look at it objectively: Did they monetize the beta? Yes. Does the beta feel like a temp league with wipes? Yes. Was it really necessary to have a beta timer? No. Are people really testing the new content? Not all of them for sure.

To me with this beta GGG has sold out plain and simple. They dont have to sell the game for a price, they just sell the beta. This way they can claim we dont ever have to pay for the game but we sure as hell are paying for early access to the new content and temp league like wipes.
"
johnKeys wrote:
while running a 66 Vaal Map (fragment) in 1 Month Flashback, a guy messages me.
he wants to buy a slightly-leveled Herald Of Ice gem, I apparently have on sale in Standard (some ancient and forgotten shop thread).
we agree on a price (1 Chaos Orb), and agree he'll wait a minute for me to finish the zone and switch to a Standard League character.

so I log-out to character screen, locate the Mule Character who has this gem, and log in - then message him.

he doesn't respond.

wait a few minutes and message again.
he's online, in his hideout, but completely silent...

party invite? nope. no response.
so I try again. wait again.
about 10 minutes, because maybe he just had to do some real-world stuff?
try again.
nothing....

yeah he probably already got it from someone else, but then why not just say something?
I just stopped what I was doing, and switched to another league for this... and waited... and waited...

you know guys? now I remembered why I hate trade so much.
THIS, is why I hate trade.
fuck trade!

this is a good topic.
i always give people some extra orbs when they switch leagues to trade me some item.
i feel it's the least i can do. you people who bother to do this are kind.

don't let this one scumbag bring the worst out of you. not everyone is like this.
"
Miská wrote:
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
Blah, context makes me wish I wasn't so blunt.

Why would you wait so long then John? It was pretty rude of them, I would be annoyed specially if you had to hop leagues, this is actually why I stopped selling in any other leagues (the hassle to hop) a part from the one I'm playing.

Sorry to hear of the poor trade, in future I would probably ask them twice and if you still get no response I would move on. You can meet some really nice people while trading but you can also encounter people that make your jaw drop.

This experience has taught me to be very cut and dry, I don't expect anything from those I'm selling to or trying to buy from. However, I do show appreciation for those that have good trade etiquette.

Exactly my opinion aswell. Dont expect anything.

You can be amazed how many good people are out there. How many friends i made trading. The good experiences outweigh the bad easily. It's sad to see so many in the topic to salty to have a look beyond a bad experience.

My good experiences look like this.
1. Find item listed
2. Whisper player
3. Group up, hideout jump
4. Trade
5. Say thanks, go back to my hideout

I don't want to make friends. I want a piece of gear and go play.

Trading to me is so awful i only do it once or twice per league. And i'm always the buyer.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"

My good experiences look like this.
1. Find item listed
2. Whisper player
3. Group up, hideout jump
4. Trade
5. Say thanks, go back to my hideout

I don't want to make friends. I want a piece of gear and go play.

Trading to me is so awful i only do it once or twice per league. And i'm always the buyer.

With that attitude it won't get any better for you either. That's fine but then don't complain about it. I was saying there are plenty of good example out there, you obviously don't care about them but just wanna say 'trade sucks'.
I mean honestly ive had more positive exp in trading than negative and i always try my best to be as nice and honest as possible as a result kinda lead by example kinda thing! 99% of my trades go off without a hitch and both of us give thank yous and sometimes even have a bit of convo about the item we traded or whatever! even made a couple friends to play with that way!

But ive also run into a couple really shitty people doing trades but when it does happen i normally just cut off communication and tell them no thank you and have a good day! if they continue to be a dick after that i simply ignore! im too old to be arguing over petty things! And it so few and far between for me i just shake that shit off and go about my way and find what im looking for elsewhere!

I have a MUCH bigger problem with trying to do trades with people and PM 10 and even as many as 20 people in a row that ALL show online and NONE of which actually are online! Especially recently!
Not quite sure what the deal is with that! I mean is THAT many people REALLY leaving their Procurment open?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jun 6, 2015, 2:49:48 PM
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
He's probably afk.

no he isn't.
I must have waited well over 15 minutes for him to respond.
people don't "sudden afk" for so long, when they were the ones who wanted something.

he probably got the gem from someone else, and didn't have the slightest decency to tell me about it, after I switched leagues/chars to do the transaction.

doing something like this, is worse than all the General Chat trolling and trash-talking put together.
doing something like this, just knocks the wind out of the sails of someone like me.

I logged back into Flashback League... and just didn't see a point to keep playing.
probably done for today. I'll switch to doing something else. something that won't leave me frustrated.

Overreacting much?

More like assumptions much, just wants to push his self found solo play agenda over and over again.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:

More like assumptions much, just wants to push his self found solo play agenda over and over again.

please read the actual point of the thread, beyond the initial frustration expressed in OP.
it's in the previous 2 pages.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 6, 2015, 3:06:12 PM
"
StDrakeX wrote:

And he's not the only one.....sadly.
You know what? I hate the fact that this game is balanced around trade. But this IS overreacting.

There may be 1000 of reasons why he was AFK. Hell, he could've had a heart attack for all you know. His house may had been on fire. The door bell rang. An important phone call. Again, 1000 of reasons.

Was it rude of him not to explain himself afterwards? Yes. But what the fuck are we supposed to do? When a game rewards behavior in the grey zone, rudeness is what we get.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info