you know what... FUCK TRADE!

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Don't let other people ruin your game.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Miská wrote:

Ofcourse i would answer. Like i said it was certainly not nice what he did. Not a doubt about that. But is it trade related or are you just dealing with a bad person?

I think it's both.

if I didn't have to deal with people like that, AND if for example I'd be able to have in-game, universal "trade tabs" where all my stuff-for-sale are located, from all leagues, so when someone goes in and says "hi, I'd like to buy your Herald Gem in Standard League", while I'm playing Flashback, I'd be able to simply reply with "sure. please go to tab '#johnKeys-standard-r4898952gg', '1-Chaos-Orb' sub-section. thanks!"...

... heck, I'd probably trade more.

ultimately, I think trading should be seamless, and scumbag-free.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 6, 2015, 12:55:37 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

ultimately, I think trading should be seamless, and scumbag-free.

Kinda wish real life was like that too, not gonna happen though.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
The few trades i do are a 50/50 mix of good and bad.

My last one was just aggravating.
1. Common unique, search on poe.trade
2. Find 5 listed with reasonable prices.
3. Type in crazy names until i get tgen right.
4. Online, no answer.
5. Online, no answer.
6. Give up, all online, but no one answers.
7. Next day 15+ hours later...
8. Did you message me for a trade?
9. Fucking really?
10. Already got what i needed. Piss off!

Trading is miserable. The item wasn't even for me to begin with.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
He's probably afk.

no he isn't.
I must have waited well over 15 minutes for him to respond.
people don't "sudden afk" for so long, when they were the ones who wanted something.

You must not have kids.
"
johnKeys wrote:
he wants to buy a slightly-leveled Herald Of Ice gem, I apparently have on sale in Standard (some ancient and forgotten shop thread).
we agree on a price (1 Chaos Orb), and agree he'll wait a minute for me to finish the zone and switch to a Standard League character.

That's why I don't trade.

All that waiting just to get a paltry sum of money for the item you're selling. I don't envy the people killing their keyboards spamming the trade chat either.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
jgyoung wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
He's probably afk.

no he isn't.
people don't "sudden afk" for so long, when they were the ones who wanted something.

You must not have kids.

I actually do. a boy and a girl.
and a wife who is the love of my life.
and friends who like to call or just drop by.
and a business, with an extremely high potential to generate unexpected phone calls and emails, when you think you have some time off.

so when I'm playing PoE (or any other game for that matter), and any of the above requires urgent attention - I either log out, or tell whoever-I-was-just-talking-to-in-game, I have to go.

I don't think it's too much to ask the same, of others.

and again, I think a situation where a years-old system that requires constant real-time interaction, still exists after being proven countless times the same can be done differently (with many concrete implementation-level suggestions) - is unacceptable.

"face-to-face trading" is the best way to show off MTX, but GGG should think about their players as well, and develop an off-line or semi-off-line Trade system.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 6, 2015, 1:24:23 PM
"
jgyoung wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
He's probably afk.

no he isn't.

You must not have kids.

Gamers are like witchers, they cant reproduce. The reason for gamers though is that they dont go out to find mates. :P
Blah, context makes me wish I wasn't so blunt.

Why would you wait so long then John? It was pretty rude of them, I would be annoyed specially if you had to hop leagues, this is actually why I stopped selling in any other leagues (the hassle to hop) a part from the one I'm playing.

Sorry to hear of the poor trade, in future I would probably ask them twice and if you still get no response I would move on. You can meet some really nice people while trading but you can also encounter people that make your jaw drop.

This experience has taught me to be very cut and dry, I don't expect anything from those I'm selling to or trying to buy from. However, I do show appreciation for those that have good trade etiquette.
#NeverGoing90
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
Blah, context makes me wish I wasn't so blunt.

Why would you wait so long then John? It was pretty rude of them, I would be annoyed specially if you had to hop leagues, this is actually why I stopped selling in any other leagues (the hassle to hop) a part from the one I'm playing.

Sorry to hear of the poor trade, in future I would probably ask them twice and if you still get no response I would move on. You can meet some really nice people while trading but you can also encounter people that make your jaw drop.

This experience has taught me to be very cut and dry, I don't expect anything from those I'm selling to or trying to buy from. However, I do show appreciation for those that have good trade etiquette.

Exactly my opinion aswell. Dont expect anything.

You can be amazed how many good people are out there. How many friends i made trading. The good experiences outweigh the bad easily. It's sad to see so many in the topic to salty to have a look beyond a bad experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info