you know what... FUCK TRADE!

while running a 66 Vaal Map (fragment) in 1 Month Flashback, a guy messages me.
he wants to buy a slightly-leveled Herald Of Ice gem, I apparently have on sale in Standard (some ancient and forgotten shop thread).
we agree on a price (1 Chaos Orb), and agree he'll wait a minute for me to finish the zone and switch to a Standard League character.

so I log-out to character screen, locate the Mule Character who has this gem, and log in - then message him.

he doesn't respond.

wait a few minutes and message again.
he's online, in his hideout, but completely silent...

party invite? nope. no response.
so I try again. wait again.
about 10 minutes, because maybe he just had to do some real-world stuff?
try again.
nothing....

yeah he probably already got it from someone else, but then why not just say something?
I just stopped what I was doing, and switched to another league for this... and waited... and waited...

you know guys? now I remembered why I hate trade so much.
THIS, is why I hate trade.
fuck trade!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 6, 2015, 7:51:05 AM
I feel bad for you. Tell me when you're online, I'll log in and buy it from you :)
"
Warmey wrote:
I feel bad for you. Tell me when you're online, I'll log in and buy it from you :)

the hell with the gem.
I would have no problem giving it to him for free, if he asked...

why the fuck would someone do this?
it ruined my PoE day honestly. I'll probably just log out for now.
Don't let other people ruin your game.
He's probably afk.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
It ruins your day if you are being too nice? Wow, just log in to your other char again and keep playing. Its just a game, but i guess for other people its about human interaction. IRL i would get it but ingame? Not worth a sweat.
"
Jerle wrote:
He's probably afk.

no he isn't.
I must have waited well over 15 minutes for him to respond.
people don't "sudden afk" for so long, when they were the ones who wanted something.

he probably got the gem from someone else, and didn't have the slightest decency to tell me about it, after I switched leagues/chars to do the transaction.

doing something like this, is worse than all the General Chat trolling and trash-talking put together.
doing something like this, just knocks the wind out of the sails of someone like me.

I logged back into Flashback League... and just didn't see a point to keep playing.
probably done for today. I'll switch to doing something else. something that won't leave me frustrated.
Last edited by johnKeys on Jun 6, 2015, 8:23:00 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
He's probably afk.

no he isn't.
I must have waited well over 15 minutes for him to respond.
people don't "sudden afk" for so long, when they were the ones who wanted something.

he probably got the gem from someone else, and didn't have the slightest decency to tell me about it, after I switched leagues/chars to do the transaction.

doing something like this, is worse than all the General Chat trolling and trash-talking put together.
doing something like this, just knocks the wind out of the sails of someone like me.

I logged back into Flashback League... and just didn't see a point to keep playing.
probably done for today. I'll switch to doing something else. something that won't leave me frustrated.

Overreacting much?

And how would playing the game leave you frustrated? Who said you should trade? You did. No one else. You have to bear the weight of the consequences when things fall through. Now you want pity from people on the forum. You get it from some, but you dont deserve it.

If i made a thread everytime i feel wronged then this forum would break GGGs server capacity.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

Overreacting much?

maybe. but mostly, I just want to tell people to not be assholes.
because when you're being an asshole, there's always the person you're being an asshole to.
Honestly is isnt so much the POE Trade system thats the issue here but disrespectful people have no regard for others what so ever!

Just like in the Beta where people SHOULD be testing builds instead we have half the trade tycoons trying to see how many exalts they can trade up for before each wipe just so they can pat themselves on the back about it! Instead of trying to make it easier for people to test they make it harder!

People are people i guess man! Dont sweat it theres an asshole behind every pile!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jun 6, 2015, 8:53:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info