How many ppl on "Probation" before they give up?

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Enzari wrote:
The general consensus is quite clear, people don't like the new rules. Yet the mods insist that these rules must stay, weird.

Was there a poll that came out asking about new rules? If so, I missed it. If not, please expand on your opinion that is general consensus.

Let's assume you are right though for a moment. Anyone who was active in the forums at the time the rules changed either liked the atmosphere or sucked it up. The folks that would strive in a more civil atmosphere might have already left. As these changes take hold they may come back and forum participation from new comers will shift in a more positive manner over time. This would shift consensus...if you were right.

GGG just needs to stick this out for a long period to let the culture shift to a more inviting and active place.

This is true and since the gaming industry is growing all the time i believe younger and younger gamers come to the hood. Even tough the game itself has a highrating, doesnt mean that the industry itself wouldnt evolve. I have witnessed killing floor aswell, becoming this kind of "paradise". Theres no more insult players button and i need to type it my self.

INSULT PLAYERS

What i was referring to is, that the industry itself want to mold its image. And its somewhat to good to be on the bandwagon. Especially on a "small" game like this. Nothing wrong with that. But i kind a would like to still be able to make stupid comments on the chats and not being banned for gods sake.
Nope... I was in Santa Barbara, CA for the blast. But I did get to see how the blast deposited energy on a sheet of metal. Energy isn't absorbed uniformly at depth, but in layers... even though the metal was uniform. We still don't completely understand why.
They've already given up. I've been keeping quiet. Not wanting to give people a reason to post on the forums. I know one thing as well as GGG does. If supporters can't have an active forum with which to show off their supporter tags, they will stop supporting.

You can already see it on the forums. The snide smarmy underhanded remarks are back. And consistency to monitor such out the window. One snide comment ignored and a response to said snide comment probated.
"
"
poepropaganda wrote:

You can already see it on the forums. The snide smarmy underhanded remarks are back. And consistency to monitor such out the window. One snide comment ignored and a response to said snide comment probated.

You sure it's not just that you see it differently than the mods/the way the rules are written?

I know for sure that I've seen more consistency lately and many more comments being removed that are completely justifiable (in their removal)

Edit: Also, naise bump. We needed to keep this discussion going XD
I would give you an exact example but GGG would delete it.
"
poepropaganda wrote:

I don't think that we would, but if you're worried you're welcome to PM me your example. I'd be happy to look into the situation if you feel something has been missed.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
poepropaganda wrote:

I don't think that we would, but if you're worried you're welcome to PM me your example. I'd be happy to look into the situation if you feel something has been missed.
Guess I'll make a qualified apology. I went back 3 pages looking for the example I saw about a week ago. I simply don't care enough to continue looking. However if nobody sees snide comments on the "And so it begins" thread then I guess I'm seeing things.
Edit
Like I said. The snide smarmy underhanded remarks are back in a BIG way.
Last edited by poepropaganda on Jun 11, 2015, 12:25:16 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
poepropaganda wrote:

I vote for call his bluff. Give one free, nonrenewable one time pass on his post. IF it is obscene or breaks laws, delete it and know he was mostly lying and attention seeking and he gets away with it once without probation.
How about this:

(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
It's not an example of inconsistency since you haven't given an example of another post where someone has said this and it hasn't been removed. It's also kind of a moot point since that post was removed prior to the guidelines and policy changes that were made recently.

You really should handle this in pms. Just saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info