How many ppl on "Probation" before they give up?

In my opinion at least, the people OP mentions all very clearly habitually make one line no effort posts that contribute nothing and exhibit no thought at all. It's not even the length of the posts I take issue with, it's that the contents are so vacuous they aren't worth reading or responding to.

I'm not saying none of those people ever says anything worth reading, just that the signal-to-noise ration is so bad that I don't miss them at all when they're gone.

Pay attention to your tone, think of something to say that contributes, treat people on forums the way you would treat them in real life and you'll do fine. When you make a post and realize it essentially says nothing and the logic behind isn't sound, go ahead and cancel instead of posting it and you would do a lot to help Bex make this community a quality place with interesting discussions.

The alternative is to intentionally misunderstand why it happens when you're probated, carry on blithely ignoring tact and eventually find your probation is permanent.

Not all forums are like reddit and 4chan. Thank god.
False and wrong.

Also reddit is vastly better than this forum, so much so that Chris only posts on there, and never on here.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Jun 24, 2015, 4:28:09 AM
"
bhavv wrote:
False and wrong.

Also reddit is vastly better than this forum, so much so that Chris only posts on there, and never on here.

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chris/forum-posts

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I miss all the drunk rant threads. Was allot more entertaining around here
Meta = cattle

-ty men
i want to try to explain to you how the moderation works on this forums and i will be as detailed as possible... lets begin

it all started when i wanted to [Removed by support] but i ended up being sent on probation also known as the [Removed by support] and i was really [Removed by support] when it happened, so i wanted to try and [Removed by support] to them about my [Removed by support] and eventually [Removed by support] [Removed by support] [Removed by support][Removed by support]....
How do i change my signature?
"
bhavv wrote:
False and wrong.

Reddit....
"
Boem wrote:
Every probation of me so far ended up in an e-mail correspondence.

And usually it's because of lack of context.

My last probation was for asking somebody

"why did you post?"

And this was deemed dismissive of his arguments.

All fine, until you realize that dude just entered a thread and posted a two-liner insulting the GGG balance team and going off-topic (his post had nothing to do with the thread i created)

so instead of a dismissive "why did you post?" it was actually an honest question. I was really curious to his motivations for posting such drivel.

So i wrote an e-mail to support and provided them with feedback about there moderation.

I don't mind being probated if the reason is justified. Wanna lash out = gotta take the heat if you do.

I do mind a probation when there is no valid grounds for it. It's tricky on the forums though, context is hard sometimes.

And i have this feeling some of the newer moderators don't know me yet :'(.

They honestly believe i am capable of being disrespectful on purpose, the shame. If i wanna be disrespectful, people will realize it and i won't be hiding it between double edged sentences.

Peace,

-Boem-

Read this "Mods"...do you understand the message? He is probably one of most non-aggressive people on the forums but you still....

"
LennyLen wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
And i have this feeling some of the newer moderators don't know me yet

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They didn't know him or me, and judged me on how I said something.

And this is how it should be. Moderation should be based equally on what is said, not who has said it. And even if a moderator does know you and knows that something you've said isn't meant to be offensive, if it will come across as offensive to any user who doesn't know you, then there is grounds for moderation.

"
Like everyone knows good ol BMBI1 is harmless and just here for the giggles

Harmless to who though? While I'm fairly sure from reading many of your posts that you have no malicious intentions, you have made countless posts in these forums that basically contribute nothing to the forums. These posts, while harmless in themselves, can have a massive effect on the signal to noise ratio here, which harms the forums themselves, even if it doesn't directly harm any individual.

That's where you are wrong...every iota of the posts contribute to the forums. They love the game, and try and make it better. Your post was nothing less than noise complaining about noise.

"
In my opinion at least, the people OP mentions all very clearly habitually make one line no effort posts that contribute nothing and exhibit no thought at all.

They are/were the backbone players of this game. You sir, I will not describe with words that are insulting, i'll leave that you the people that read your post. End of Line...

-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Is it intentional that the thread title is worded in a way that 'they' could mean either the probation giver or the probation receiver?
@MourningBlade

I think the parts of the post that you did not quote adequately explain the part that you did. I'm well aware those posters and others have been parts of the community for a long time, that shouldn't (and doesn't) give them a free pass on posting carelessly.

If you're trying to actually contribute and a mod misunderstands a post here and there, it's not really going to hurt you in the long term. I've been muted in global chat for something I didn't think was all that much, but I don't really mind because it's rare. It's rare because I care enough about what I have to say to make it that way.

These people who get frequent probation... let's just say they are managing to avoid a pretty obvious conclusion about how to behave in public.
"
@MourningBlade

I think the parts of the post that you did not quote adequately explain the part that you did. I'm well aware those posters and others have been parts of the community for a long time, that shouldn't (and doesn't) give them a free pass on posting carelessly.

If you're trying to actually contribute and a mod misunderstands a post here and there, it's not really going to hurt you in the long term. I've been muted in global chat for something I didn't think was all that much, but I don't really mind because it's rare. It's rare because I care enough about what I have to say to make it that way.

These people who get frequent probation... let's just say they are managing to avoid a pretty obvious conclusion about how to behave in public.

Actually seniority and being "respectful," goes a long way to keeping yourself from being reported or being put on probation. I get spanked a lot, sometimes in front of everyone, but that's okay it comes with its privileges that many do not have; for one simple reason, many have no respect for moderators... While I do.

When is everyone going to learn moderators aren't robots they are human beings that suffer like us... It's mentally taxing to moderate. I worked in a call center for years... It messes with your mind... Seriously. When the last damn time anyone on these forum said, hello or how is your day going to a moderator? I thought so...a bit of humanity goes a long way.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jun 24, 2015, 10:21:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info