How many ppl on "Probation" before they give up?

Huh? Where's the example? Link mebbe?

E: Unless you meant the word "Scrubcore". It's all about the context man, if you're using it as a weapon to try and belittle your fellow player's playstyle preference then yes, absolutely it would get removed. I don't see the problem. This is clearly against the rules.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jun 12, 2015, 4:56:24 PM
Last edited by Jojas on Jun 12, 2015, 5:51:24 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246827
"
DexDeus wrote:

I looked, where's the issue?
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
DexDeus wrote:

You clearly didnt read it all. starts around page 4 to page 8 are the main bits
"
"
DexDeus wrote:
I do think the forum moderation on here is far too ott.

The slightest thing that could offend someone is removed instantly and a warning sent to your inbox to warn you that you risk probation. Even if that comment is calling someone a silly billy for example.

To be fair i think you should be able to poke a little fun at people so long as its all in internet trolling terms and doesnt go past obvious thresholds. Id give examples but i'd probably get put on probation for it.

I understand that GGG seem to want their forums to be a place where bunnies gather to talk about their frolicking in the fields and how the last carrot they ate was the most delicious one ever.

I take that back, it could be deleted cause i offended the carrots.

As such i dont get involved as much anymore on the forums because theyre really boring. If there is a slight bit of controversy I will stay clear because the censorship makes it difficult to grasp whats happened before with every other post just saying "Removed by support" and then I have to think how i can phrase an argument that offends nobody which is pretty much impossible.

I've written this post and broke my trend but its on theme with expressing my opinions on this matter and if I get put on probation or my post deleted because its offensive then w/e.

It really is the worst forum moderation I have ever experienced. Its so ott that it actually is laughable. Stick to the reddit guys.

I'd bet that you're using a bit of hyperbole here, you silly billy!

"internet trolling terms", top kek

What do you have against bunnies and carrots by the way? I think I'd have to consider that borderline hate speech, wouldn't you? Better be careful.

People in this day and age tend to thrive on controversy and bad news because it is "exciting".

Definitely not the WORST forum moderation I've ever experienced - how many forums have you been a part of to draw this conclusion?

And, what the hell is ott?

Yours truly,

BMBI1

Edit: I googled "Ott" and it said that it's an acronym for "over the top". Just so you know, if this is an acronym, it should be written as "OTT".

Cheers!

I dunno about 10.

Yes i know it should but i'm not writing a CV, spelling and grammer arent important when its clear and readable in an informal setting. OTT is kind of a rather well known acronym.
"
DexDeus wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
DexDeus wrote:

You clearly didnt read it all. starts around page 4 to page 8 are the main bits

-_- Yes dude, I'm clearly gonna dig through 10+ pages to guess what the hell you're talking about. I asked for specific. Thanks but no thanks.
"
"
DexDeus wrote:

I dunno about 10.

Yes i know it should but i'm not writing a CV, spelling and grammer arent important when its clear and readable in an informal setting. OTT is kind of a rather well known acronym.

Well then, FWIW, it's spelled "Grammar", not "grammer".

What were the other 9 forums?

And can you give some examples of some "internet trolling terms" that you feel would be acceptable to use when in discussion with other members of the community?

[Removed by Support]. I was going to ignore this and I will be from now on but to show its not because you have proved me wrong lets make some lists:

Legend of Mir forum
Counter strike forums
Sheffield Wednesday Forum
Numerous Football manager forums
Snooker forum
Reddit
Gamefaqs
Other game forums I have played at the time

This easily amounts to 10 forums ive been part of for anything from a few months to very regular such as LoM and Sheffield Wednesday etc.

Anything thats a threat is unacceptable. Pretty much anything else goes and people who take to abusive language and such not witty banter insults just get laughed at and ignored usually.

Of course some peoples threshold is lower than mine but terms like scrub or noob or twerp etc are just light hearted fun and people need to take life less seriously.

Said what i wanna say but im not spending my night twoing and frowing with you about it ...
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Jun 12, 2015, 5:30:42 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

-_- Yes dude, I'm clearly gonna dig through 10+ pages to guess what the hell you're talking about. I asked for specific. Thanks but no thanks.

Ive provided the proof, you look or not its up to you, but thats what you asked me to do ...

"
DexDeus wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Ive provided the proof, you look or not its up to you, but thats what you asked me to do ...

Nope, burden of proof is on you. You didn't deliver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info