[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

"
DKSMOOVE wrote:
What do you recommend for bandit rewards?

Since the tree has access to only 1 frenzy charge, I suggest taking the +1 max frenzy charge on merciless.

First character, I take life on normal.
For the others, a skill point is good (especially if you got gg jewels)
otherwise, attackspeed is nice to take. would not go for % phys dmg.

"
JohmaSho wrote:
Just wanted to say having a lot of fun with this so far thanks for posting.

youŕe most welcome,
Started on tempest/warband? Love to see you share your gear/tree, and difficulties youve faced.
It might help improve this guide for others.
thx in advance

"
Would it be possible to do this build on templar?

Yes, the tree is close to templar & duelist. The marauders life and armor starting nodes just make it the best choice. Only when trying to finish the build 75+ youĺl be hampered a little with templar/duelist and youĺl be forced to make some tough choices.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 12, 2015, 7:15:39 AM
I love the build...it is really coming together right now.

The only thing you could improve would be the leveling guide for the levels beyond the video. Things like:
- Unwavering Stance becomes absolutely crucial in Cruel. I skipped it and that was absolutely wrong
- When to go for the mana reduction. I was late with them and to run without Hatred for quite some time
- I had terrible trouble with the final 5 Act IV bosses though, both on Normal and on Cruel (except for Shavronne). Any tips?
- What re good unique jewels for the build and where?
- I noticed that on Merciless you no longer need Enduring Cry, there are enough mobs to keep your charges up with LS/ECOMS especially once you have a few of the 18% charge duration nodes.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jul 12, 2015, 10:58:05 AM
i dont see bandit rewards in the OP.
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I love the build...it is really coming together right now.

The only thing you could improve would be the leveling guide for the levels beyond the video. Things like:
- Unwavering Stance becomes absolutely crucial in Cruel. I skipped it and that was absolutely wrong
- When to go for the mana reduction. I was late with them and to run without Hatred for quite some time
- I had terrible trouble with the final 5 Act IV bosses though, both on Normal and on Cruel (except for Shavronne). Any tips?
- What re good unique jewels for the build and where?
- I noticed that on Merciless you no longer need Enduring Cry, there are enough mobs to keep your charges up with LS/ECOMS especially once you have a few of the 18% charge duration nodes.

Theres a playlist with 5 videos about the leveling guide. normal cruel merciless maps endgame. The mana problems really depend on your links. Either leap or crash gotta be linked to blood magic, and if you got a good mace while leveling, and dps is anough, link both to BM, just for quality of life sake.

I usually go for alot of armor to be able to take unwavering stance later then cruel. What kind of dmg stunned you?

Since im on vacation atm have not done the act 4 bosses after launch. Malachai poses a thread, the others shouldnt i think. I originally thought leveling up a flametotem / searing bond / firetrap should get you passed the hard act4 bosses. It will take alot of town portals, but atleast you can do dmg when you cant melee em. I think these fights are more about learning the mechanics, when to dps and when to dodge.

Unique jewels: i liked malicious intent, but its kinda nerfed. Have to get really good clear speed for it to work. AFAIK rare jewels are the best.

Enduring cry will always be needed im afraid. If you running rare maps, you have to get them charges up asap. Everytime you go hide, to empty inventory and come back cold. I usually left 1 white monster at my tp, to get some charges going so you cant get jumped without charges. Same goes for boss fights where your leapslam cant stun a boss.

"
RagnarokX wrote:
i dont see bandit rewards in the OP.

I suggest go for frenzy, decide the rest for yourself. Point/life/attackspeed.

"
Kirisu wrote:
I Love this Build. Though I changed a few things, for more room to survival. Just wanted to share this, and to read your opinion as well.

darn laptop couldnt load the tree, will try again later.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 12, 2015, 3:55:24 PM
Hey, im trying to follow your guide on warbands atm (all-around leveling tree) but im getting really squishy at act4 cruel (am 54 now). I can still progress okayish but i pretty much have to Leapslam into a group and immediately panic-push potions or i die. Its one of my first chars so i asked some guys and they told me its not my equip but my passives. Im not resist capped though (but this happens on big normal mobgroups too).
I googled some other Ice Crush Marauder guides and they pretty much all have +200% life nodes. Should i try to switch to those trees (for example http://goo.gl/7aJXPV) as soon as i can or what can i try to do to survive better?
Im already running Enduring Cry, Warlords Mark, Bloodrage and Fortify.
Last edited by peonpower on Jul 13, 2015, 5:27:18 AM
"
Theres a playlist with 5 videos about the leveling guide. normal cruel merciless maps endgame.

I only saw the one (blush). My bad.

"
The mana problems really depend on your links. Either leap or crash gotta be linked to blood magic, and if you got a good mace while leveling, and dps is anough, link both to BM, just for quality of life sake.

Guess I need to bite the bullet there and link BM to Ice Crash until I get my 2nd 5L. Probably remove a few of the mana nodes to compensate in the mean time.

"
I usually go for alot of armor to be able to take unwavering stance later then cruel. What kind of dmg stunned you?

Usually I jumped into pack, stunned them all, but would be hit by a non-stunned mob before getting the Ice Crash off. This gave a ministun, which would interrupt the Ice Crash and I would then be ministunned all the time by the recovered pack and die in ignomy.

"
Since im on vacation atm have not done the act 4 bosses after launch. Malachai poses a thread, the others shouldnt i think.

Shavronne can eb facetanked, Doedre needs hit-and-run but Maligaro and Malachai posed real problems.

"
Enduring cry will always be needed im afraid. If you running rare maps, you have to get them charges up asap. Everytime you go hide, to empty inventory and come back cold. I usually left 1 white monster at my tp, to get some charges going so you cant get jumped without charges. Same goes for boss fights where your leapslam cant stun a boss.

Not in maps yet, and all the pre-map bosses have adds to stun, but I now definitely see your point. EC stays in.

The build really has so much choices for gems.....it is hard to see what goes in and what goes out.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jul 13, 2015, 5:31:05 AM
"
Started on tempest/warband? Love to see you share your gear/tree, and difficulties youve faced.
It might help improve this guide for others.
thx in advance

Started your build in warband league with my own tree (lvl62) :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEswUtCZYOPBQgFE0UcRiRGjgaVScvNug5DjpSOtg7OzwFPfxBP0ZpR35QR1HmWGNZ818_YSFo8nKpdO12rHdTfNmCm4TZhO-FUocph2qMz5BVkGyRzpSHl3mYCpo7nsWf36IApzCpJ6mUrKqtjbaku-28n8BmxtjPftlh2sHelt-y5FHqGOsJ7DjvDu988B_2SPcy-Ov8Sw==?accountName=Miriemos&characterName=Prostagma_

I forgot the armor of Juggernaut. I will take it soon, should have taken it earlier.

I won't take Bloody Blodgeon because I feel that I have enough life leech with Warlord's Mark.

I noticed that in the Bone Breaker / Skull Cracking weel, you can trade two 15% IPD with Maces nodes for two 10% IDP + 4% Reduces Enemy Stun Threshold, so I took the stun nodes because I feel that bosses are hard to stun. In Cruel, I stunned Shavronn very easily with Heavy Strike - Stun, but all the others... Is it even possible to stun Doedre/Piety ?

I took Stun Mastery over Unwavering Stance, but I'm starting to regret my choice. Like someone said before me, it's not the stun duration that kills you, it's the fact that stun cancels your Ice Crash. In this regard, the 50% Sun Recovery is useless. There are 15% Reduced Stun Threshold in this cluster, I will probably miss them if I respec. Will test.

I have had two major difficulties with this build for now :

-> Mobility (hence attack speed / mouvement speed) is key to new act4 bosses. I've neglected boots until recently and I had a really hard time during act4 bosses. If I had to play this build again in hardcore, I would strongly consider MinstrelShadrak's advice to play flame totem / trap / whatever for leveling and act4 bosses.

-> Mana sustain. Problems start when you try to run Hatred + Herald of Ash. I am not currently using blood magic on either Leap Slam nor Ice Crash. My mana sustain comes from Warlord's Mark and a mana flask. I will switch after I finish this post to : Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Faster Attack + Fortify (therefore dropping Endurance Charge on Melee Stun as I don't have a 5L (and I guess that my first 5L will rather go for Ice Crash rather than lap slam) building endurance charges is ok with warlord's mark. I'm considering using Enduring Cry more often. I will also soon take the Revelry node in passive tree.

Gear at lvl 62, Act3 Merciless :

Spoiler

Last edited by Miriemos on Jul 13, 2015, 7:56:33 AM
"
peonpower wrote:
Hey, im trying to follow your guide on warbands atm (all-around leveling tree) but im getting really squishy at act4 cruel (am 54 now). I can still progress okayish but i pretty much have to Leapslam into a group and immediately panic-push potions or i die. Its one of my first chars so i asked some guys and they told me its not my equip but my passives. Im not resist capped though (but this happens on big normal mobgroups too).
I googled some other Ice Crush Marauder guides and they pretty much all have +200% life nodes. Should i try to switch to those trees (for example http://goo.gl/7aJXPV) as soon as i can or what can i try to do to survive better?
Im already running Enduring Cry, Warlords Mark, Bloodrage and Fortify.

I always play with resist cap. When i can, I even overcap them.

Its hard as a beginner to use flasks. The play style is rather agressive too, leap in, stun em , and kill the pack.

Act4 cruel is hard, really hard. I suggest getting helm+body armor that have combined well over 1.000 armor. Lets say you see a champ pack, you know youŕe going to take damage. So while your character is in the air, press your granite flask. Prophylactic use is mandatory. You see necromancers that can curse: press your quicksilver of warding, so you're immune before you get cursed.

Try get unique gloves called asenath, switch your curse to temporal chains on hit.

Practice will do wonders. If youŕe act 4, its no problem to over level there (getting higher level the the areas youre in). Try dried lake runs, itĺl help when youve done those runs before doing them on merciless difficulty.
@Minstrelshadrak
"
Miriemos wrote:

I noticed that in the Bone Breaker / Skull Cracking weel, you can trade two 15% IPD with Maces nodes for two 10% IDP + 4% Reduces Enemy Stun Threshold, so I took the stun nodes because I feel that bosses are hard to stun. In Cruel, I stunned Shavronn very easily with Heavy Strike - Stun, but all the others... Is it even possible to stun Doedre/Piety ?

I have had two major difficulties with this build for now :

-> Mobility (hence attack speed / mouvement speed) is key to new act4 bosses. I've neglected boots until recently and I had a really hard time during act4 bosses. If I had to play this build again in hardcore, I would strongly consider MinstrelShadrak's advice to play flame totem / trap / whatever for leveling and act4 bosses.

-> Mana sustain. Problems start when you try to run Hatred + Herald of Ash. I am not currently using blood magic on either Leap Slam nor Ice Crash. My mana sustain comes from Warlord's Mark and a mana flask. I will switch after I finish this post to : Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Faster Attack + Fortify (therefore dropping Endurance Charge on Melee Stun as I don't have a 5L (and I guess that my first 5L will rather go for Ice Crash rather than lap slam) building endurance charges is ok with warlord's mark. I'm considering using Enduring Cry more often. I will also soon take the Revelry node in passive tree.

Yeah the higher you stack reduced enemy stun treshold, the easier it will be to stun bosses. all act 4 bosses can be stunned. However, on cruel thats not realistic considering the gear youĺl have with your first character.

Movement: I run any boots with movement speed. Blue ones over rares without movement. Blood dance is level 44 i think, worth investment if you see in trade.

Mana is always a puzzle, and leech without warlords mark as well. Ice crash does little phys dmg with all that conversion. But with temporal chains on hit, most problems will be solved. Including stunning bosses.

edit: seems this silly chromebook with crappy free wifi cant open trees or spoilers :(
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 13, 2015, 8:06:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info