[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

might try to roll this build. was curious about some things you said on the first page (and sorry i did not read all 22, but that means you're doing a good job i guess)...but for now, just really quickly:

why didn't you take the melee damage nodes to start instead of the life/armour nodes? you were talking about how offense was the best defense. thanks in advance...and try my melee scion and go steamroll some shit!
"
Say_Ten wrote:
might try to roll this build. was curious about some things you said on the first page (and sorry i did not read all 22, but that means you're doing a good job i guess)...but for now, just really quickly:

why didn't you take the melee damage nodes to start instead of the life/armour nodes? you were talking about how offense was the best defense. thanks in advance...and try my melee scion and go steamroll some shit!

I'm doing this build as well, and I think the reasoning behind not taking the melee nodes in the Marauder start is because they are pretty bad compared to the Bloody Bludgeon, Wrecking Ball, Destroyer, and Executioner clusters.

The fact that you're using a 2handed mace means you need as much life from the tree as possible, since you can't use a shield. For reference, I'm sitting at 3,680 HP at level 72. The only reason I haven't died a ton is because of seven endurance charges, life leech, life regen, and Fortify.

I may as well show my gear, too.

Spoiler

As you can see, nothing really amazing. With the Marohi and Carcass Jack, plus the Amplify cluster, I can almost hit the entire screen. I'm considering dropping the Life Leech gem for more DPS, since I use Blood Rage. I hope this helps!
"
Say_Ten wrote:

"
Umyx wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

I'm doing this build as well, and I think the reasoning behind not taking the melee nodes in the Marauder start is because they are pretty bad compared to the Bloody Bludgeon, Wrecking Ball, Destroyer, and Executioner clusters.

The fact that you're using a 2handed mace means you need as much life from the tree as possible, since you can't use a shield. For reference, I'm sitting at 3,680 HP at level 72. The only reason I haven't died a ton is because of seven endurance charges, life leech, life regen, and Fortify.

I may as well show my gear, too.

Spoiler

As you can see, nothing really amazing. With the Marohi and Carcass Jack, plus the Amplify cluster, I can almost hit the entire screen. I'm considering dropping the Life Leech gem for more DPS, since I use Blood Rage. I hope this helps!

Umyx is spot on. Once you leave the marauder start there's bigger fish.
For levelingup these nodes are awesome. take em, respec em lateron.

About all the pages, yes, I added alot over time (closing in on 5.000 characters), fearing the time consuming job to cut it down. Don't forget though; Half the knowledge usually comes from outside the game. So reading / watching others instead of playing (let's say 10% of your game play time) will bear fruit.

p.s. feel free to ask any questions in this thread / or try catch me ingame and not afk :)
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Aug 22, 2015, 1:00:18 PM
all the tree link are now unavailable since poeDB is down
The skill tree links are still dead.
Not Op but it was something like this at it latest stage. Add mana nodes from duelist if needet and endu chargers. Also the first physical dmg node is really good after buff. 16hp+16% ipd is worth taking with any phys dmg+hp build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEswUtB3UJlg3NDjwS4RQgFE0UcRT2GJEcziFVIWAnICcvKaUrUCyFLPs5DjpSOtg7OzwFPQ89_ECgQT9Gt0d-UEdR5lhjWhpeE18_YJFhUmVNZlRnWGhlaPJyqXTtdPF2rHdTeu98u3zZggeCm4TZhO-FUoV7hjuGYIdqiiKMz5BVkGyS0JSHl3mYCpo7nsWfy5_fogCi6qcwqSeplK2Nr6e2pLyfvTa-p8BmwKbE9sbYz37Tb9lh2XzcPd6W37LkUeSt6hjrCew47w7vTu988B_z3fZI9zL46_xL_lQ=
Last edited by Taotao11 on Sep 9, 2015, 10:19:49 AM
I see you get 33% reduced enemy stun treshold from tree. How much more should I get on gear/jewels to reliably stun bosses and high life rares etc?

I would really like to play a stun build but I'm quite new to the concept so any information would be much appreciated:)
"
JuicedG wrote:
I see you get 33% reduced enemy stun treshold from tree. How much more should I get on gear/jewels to reliably stun bosses and high life rares etc?

I would really like to play a stun build but I'm quite new to the concept so any information would be much appreciated:)

It's indeed hard to understand, since it's determined by so many variables.

Assuming you have decent damage, temporal chains on hit, chill bosses with ice crash, then...

a belt up to 15%, a weapon up to 15%.
So if you have a belt and weapon with av 12%. you're at 24+33=66%
That will settle any doubt about stunning high life rares / rogue exiles etc.

For regular bosses you need something like 80%+
And for the biggest bad bosses 100%+

A stun gem can give you something like 49%, to swap in for a boss fight.
If you forgo the ability to chill since you don't have a 6link orso for ice crash, you can go heavystrike that gives another 25%. (linked in a second weapon you can have on swap).

Easiest to start with a heavystrike backup weapon, and lateron 6L ice crash where you swap in stun instead of your 6th gem.

Trial and error. Start with the small fish, and work your way up while improving the treshold , your dmg, and stun duration.

@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Sep 16, 2015, 5:09:18 PM
I would like to know what part of my gear i should upgrade next. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Gladio23 on Sep 17, 2015, 10:30:16 AM
"
Gladio23 wrote:
I would like to know what part of my gear i should upgrade next. Can anyone help?

I'm suspecting you're warband hunting with abit of rarity for the challanges?

1) Helm:
4 Link it, remove WED. throw in lifeleech or life gain on hit or melee phys.
4th gem slot for herald of ash.

2) Belt:
Get a belt with 12%+ reduced stun treshold.

2) Gems:
Try upgrade your gems for quality ones. Some level 20 gems with 10-20% quality that are corrupted can be relatively cheap.

3 )Boots:
Test if you can drop Bloodrage, and try out a Vaal Haste gem.

4) weapon:
I'd swap out faster-attacks for hypothermia gem.

5) weapon:
Possibility is to craft multi mod on the mace, and put on the level 8 vagan mod: gems are supported by blood magic / reduced stun treshold with this weapon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added a new stun video with some testing. overtime it will transform into a stun guide.

Link to youtube
@Minstrelshadrak

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info