[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

hey MinstrelShadrak thanks for everything :D i'm the guy that asked for aztiri run on yt ^^

now after the wipe 'd like to ask, looks like they changed how life leech works, would you like to revit the skill tree?
"
Makisi wrote:
would you like to revit the skill tree?

The build is in luck. Didn't care about the vaal pact change.

And since the build runs unwavering stance & fortify skill wheel, alot of the juicy lifeleech skill nodes are all close.

- Hematophagy: +4 % of maximum life
looks like that node is OP
- Would perhaps travel right side of the skill wheel Bloody bludgeon

thats probably anough, costing 5 skill points.

Would not go for lust for Carnage immediatly.

Atm testing spectres from the new monsters act4, so will take a while before i got another ice crash going.

********************** edit **************

So I've leveled up another marauder, taken these life leech rate nodes and the +4% max life leech rate.

You can reach the cap of life gained / second (20% or 24% of maximum life per second) rather quickly. And leech rate does nothing if you are leeching at the maximum leech rate already. I had wrongly assumed they did. So the life leech rate nodes aren't good at all when you reach that capping point. You reach that cap quickly even with Ice crash where only a small part (20% orso) of your damage is physical.

And it get's even worse. When you stop hitting (example: because of movement to avoid a boss attack) the life that you leeched with faster leech rate will stop ticking sooner, and thus making you heal less because the life recover duration is shorter.

Life leech rate points might be a thing when you finish your build, and run the numbers with your dmg & attack speed versus how fast you reach the cap with 1 target (a boss) in front of you. increasing the cap life leech rate with 4% is good, but probably only worth it when you've reached end game.

So for leveling, life gain on hit is king, perhaps combined with a little bit of lifeleech.

At this time I'm trying out mana leech. Strugling with it because I'm working with many factors (like reduced mana cost & mana gained on hit) at the same time.

@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jun 25, 2015, 6:31:35 AM
"
damelon wrote:
Suggestions:
Progression guide. Links to use while leveling, tree while leveling (Like 20 / 40 / 60 / 80)

Started some work on a leveling guide. Seems I'm putting more work into it then I anticipated. Priorities during leveling becomming apparent, still making mistakes while leveling my third ice crash marauder. that's a good thing i gues :)

Currently creating a video about Merciless and after that a video about Mapping.

"
Makisi wrote:
looks like they changed how life leech works, would you like to revit the skill tree?

Conclusions so far;

Ice crash has difficulties doing anough physical damage to sustain anough leech without using the life leech gem. It converts so much physical into cold, so you'd need ALOT of % physical leech to compensate. You don't need the maximum amount of leech at any given time though so Atziri's flask is the solution, the chaos leech fills any gab when it's called for.

Depending on your gear, you can finetune %physical leech & Blood Rage leech with the skill nodes. These skill nodes will probably keep changing week by week until launch, but I can say that increasing the cap 20% max life leech rate is very good, but not mandatory.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jun 30, 2015, 9:18:11 AM
Do you think as an Groundslam marauder this would be an easy skill to transition into for 2.o (newish Player)?
"
badwilly wrote:
Do you think as an Groundslam marauder this would be an easy skill to transition into for 2.o (newish Player)?

Most definitely!

And since you no longer have to aim a cone, the transition will go very smooth. Besides that
you've alrdy aqcuired the playstyle to hold shift (force standstill- no movement) when needed.

Vice versa as well; if you're forced to run an elemental reflect map, you can fall back on your groundslam skills to clear it.
@Minstrelshadrak
Hi again, i wanted to ask if this Mace I found on live was good for the build

the main question is, do u suggest to invest currency to make it atleast a 5L or wait for a better option?

edit: also, thanks for the guide videos, i'm enjoying them :D
Last edited by Makisi on Jul 1, 2015, 11:21:41 AM
"
Makisi wrote:
Hi again, i wanted to ask if this Mace I found on live was good for the build

the main question is, do u suggest to invest currency to make it atleast a 5L or wait for a better option?

edit: also, thanks for the guide videos, i'm enjoying them :D

For a new league that would be an awesome mace to start mapping with. Like a smooth ride to level 70 maps. It's missing reduced stun treshold, but it's so fast, and it got decent phys dmg.

Would probably try to 5L an astral plate before the weapon. And in that case you would run leapslam in the mace without bloodmagic or without attackspeed.

Would not invest into an item like that in the permanent leagues on live. my gues is (haven't traded in standard live league for more then a year) a similar rolled 5L mace would probably cost less then 10 fuse.

I do suggest you start in the new challange leagues:
Warbands League and or Tempest League.

Save the mace and your character on live for when you like to test something.
(ie for a reflect map, or a vaal smash, or the new beast fight, can he be stunned etc?)
Otherwise you might miss out on alot of hype.
@Minstrelshadrak
ok thanks for all the infos
Indeed it does, that's why i can just relax.

Oh, this wasn't general discussion?

My bad.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
is it possible to build this on Scion? i personally dislike the way marauder looks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info