[2.2] Ice Crash: Size does Matter (including leveling guide video)

what gem setup do you recommend for heavy strike as a weapon swap? and what kind of weapon, just a good high dps 2h?
do u think 2h ice crash can facetank with malachai??? malachai has OP AoE skill
"

Help Oak 40life
Kill All +1 skill point (8% attackspeed, wouldve been fine too)
Help Oak +1 endurance charge (help Kraityn, +1 frenzy charge wouldve been fine too)

"But this Tree is the best allround one to level up with, I took the bottum side route to test lifeleech"

So Not going for stun nodes at the start because stun largely depends on burst physical damage done per hit..
But investing in armor/ev nodes is to be able to run grace at some point?

1 herald 1 grace... hatred?/haste?

what aura's do you consider viable.

I am tempted to go for those reduced mana reservation nodes for 6 points to be able to run grace hatred , herald ... on alpha howl's.
Spoiler

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswUtB3UJlhLhFCAXLxo4IVUhYCcgJy8ppSyFLPst0jH7OQ453Ts7PAU9_ECgQT9HflBHUeZVtVXWWGNZ81oaXhNfP2TnZU1mVGaeaPJyD3KpdO108Xasd1N343loeu982YCkgpuE2YTvhVKFe4dqiiKMz5BVkGyS0JRvlIeXeZo7m1iexZ7Nnz6fy5_fogCi6qcwqSepbqmUrKqtjb02vqfAZsCmwQTG2M9-2WHcPd-y5FHkseoY6wnsOO8O73zwH_ZI9zL60g==
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jul 8, 2015, 11:18:26 AM
"
Zinja wrote:
what is the base radius of this skill? I know ground slams is 35 ( at 90 deg cone)

I don't know the specific number, I thought it's a little smaller.
edit:

that was with 24% inc AoE on both. So if ground slam is 35, then Ice crash is something like 28.
28 For the third ring, the one that does less dmg that is.

"
Zinja wrote:
Though I do not quite get your tradeoff at 80% increase in radius... have to go over the math again.

I tried all different % increased AoE, and roughly 80% is the number I settled on. What do you mean with tradeoff?
the trade off I usually talk about is the price you pay by for example by wearing carcass.

"
Zinja wrote:
Are there any changes to ground slam skill in 2.0?

Have not noticed anything.

"
Zinja wrote:
Are there any other cool mass aoe melee skills like this ice crash.

Reave is very popular

"
Makisi wrote:
so... they nerfed blood rage, now it gives only 5% attack speed and lv1 and 25% chance do gain Frenzy Charge on Kill
Would you still go for frenzy charge on merciless (bandit) and pick up franzy nodes on tree?

Yes, I kinda saw this one comming, so before this patch I ran bloodrage & blood dance combo.
Works like a charm, especially like the extra life regen.
Would still advice to take the 5th frenzy node. bandit and tree
edit: Back then I had very little physical leech on my gear, if you have plenty, might consider dropping bloodrage. This will make room to link some gems to Vengeance and or a Golem.

"
DiabloBlew wrote:
Apparently they plan on nerfing flame totems soon, so I had to look for another build.
I really want to do this build when the expansions is live but I just have one problem like it.
It seems like it will be too easy to die with this build!
I'll be playing on Hardcore so it's even scarier.
Until then I will continue to read up on this build and test it out before 7/10/15.

I think it's safer then the good old tanky groundslam. Besides that, you can now kill all the bosses.
Other builds will be shivering when they think of taking on a new A4 boss in a level 75+ map,
you'll swap some gems around and stunlock em. (watch the video about stunlocking dominus,
the "up till then" hardest boss to stun.
If you take it easy, you'll have a good chance to reach lvl 80-84 solo first character on HC.

Today I saw an Explosive arrow in action, tanky as hell, clears maps before you can say blue berry pie.
Probably will be nerfed pre launch though. If you willing to take on many builds, perhaps worth looking into for you.

"
eckart wrote:
Isnt Marohi Erqi a fine weapon for this build? dps is not bad and a free inc AoE is cool too (well its less than a 20/20, but provided maximizing the aoe is not one's highest priority this should do too)

I tried it, and it failed for me. It was too slow: Gotta hit first, stun first and kill first.
That's the strategy to chill/tempchains/stun monsters.
It was a fine weapon to swap to with an heavystrike setup to kill bosses.
I also hated to slow down with leapslam, clear speed goes down hard.
Since leapslam's attack speed is based on attackspeed modifiers and not the base weapon speed.
(ME gives -10%)

"
Zinja wrote:
@Minstrelshadrak
are you making any further changes to the skill tree?

You should customize it to your own needs.
- How much int/dex is on your gear?
- Do you have a carcass
- How many good jewels do you have?
etc etc.
Start out with prefered route:
Go Resolute technique through dmg nodes
Go to templar, far left side (so no unrelenting) and take AoE and life
Respec marauder damage into life
Go duelist
Go downside duelist through endurance charges & Revelry
Take frenzy & Life & 2H damage
At this point you'll be 67.

"
Booed wrote:
what gem setup do you recommend for heavy strike as a weapon swap? and what kind of weapon, just a good high dps 2h?

Big and Slow. Indeed high dps, but most important is a high roll each hit, so you get a bigger stun chance.
Ofcourse this is related to how much stun duration you have.
HS-Meleephys-Stun-hypotherm*-wed
*If you can't chill the boss, go added fire.
Probably best to keep the fortify out, to max damage.

"
lunkon wrote:
do u think 2h ice crash can facetank with malachai??? malachai has OP AoE skill

Can only facetank if you can stunlock. I do not have anough knowledge about the fight. Got a feeling there's a good chunk
of chaos damage involved. I just don't know atm.

"
Zinja wrote:
So Not going for stun nodes at the start because stun largely depends on burst physical damage done per hit.

Stun comes into the picture when you got temp chains on hit / hypothermia. Other nodes are much more valuable during leveling.
It's the final touch to bump the reduced treshold up a notch to lock everything down.

"
lunkon wrote:

I am tempted to go for those reduced mana reservation nodes for 6 points to be able to run grace hatred , herald ... on alpha howl's.

If you can spare those 6 points indeed, might be some high level needed.
Extra armor from grace is nice, but the biggest thread isn't physical damage.
The only boss with phys that was really dangerous was twin labyrinth boss with turbo.
Could only stunlock 1 of them, and the loose one massacred me.
Random champions and rares are most dangerous if they do extra damage with an element.

"
lunkon wrote:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree

Critical about only 1 jewel, although you could have some nodes like versatility (marauder int/dex/red cost)
you might be able to take out. Probably everything runs on blood magic, so can drop revelry as well.

Then you can pickup life & chaos resis: purity of flesh.

Yeah come to think of it, if I'd go that route, I'd link both ice crash and leapslam to blood magic, alot easier
to finish gear without leech and mana on hit, 2x 5L is a must though.

The grace will make life easier.

Sorry for the late reply, I'll try to slack less.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 8, 2015, 3:10:48 PM
"

"
lunkon wrote:

If you can spare those 6 points indeed, might be some high level needed.
Extra armor from grace is nice, but the biggest thread isn't physical damage.
The only boss with phys that was really dangerous was twin labyrinth boss with turbo.
Could only stunlock 1 of them, and the loose one massacred me.
Random champions and rares are most dangerous if they do extra damage with an element.

"
lunkon wrote:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree

Critical about only 1 jewel, although you could have some nodes like versatility (marauder int/dex/red cost)
you might be able to take out. Probably everything runs on blood magic, so can drop revelry as well.

Then you can pickup life & chaos resis: purity of flesh.

Yeah come to think of it, if I'd go that route, I'd link both ice crash and leapslam to blood magic, alot easier
to finish gear without leech and mana on hit, 2x 5L is a must though.

The grace will make life easier.

Sorry for the late reply, I'll try to slack less.

yeah depends on available gear choices.
But for me the main idea behind going for grace is with a carcass jack we have less ev/armor. Since we are already going for IR just to capatilise on the IR node grace would add a bit of buffer.
Ive notice in a lot of your videos ... probably due to the bloodrage leech changes that there are huge dips in life due to spike damage. I was hoping that some grace might make that dip in life to a level where we can react with normal reflexes.
I see your point about marohi.
I dont really like reave ...
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
But for me the main idea behind going for grace is with a carcass jack we have less ev/armor. Since we are already going for IR just to capatilise on the IR node grace would add a bit of buffer. Ive notice in a lot of your videos ... probably due to the bloodrage leech changes that there are huge dips in life due to spike damage. I was hoping that some grace might make that dip in life to a level where we can react with normal reflexes.

My gear was usually pretty crappy on the beta. Trading was bad. Before last wipe, i upgraded my helm to 800 and got a better belt. That kinda did the trick for me. Also a nice side effect is you can use lion pelts, so more choices.

And when you do get alot of armor/eva on gear, a few extra nodes (2-3) into armor/eva is certainly anough for most of those phys dmg spikes you saw. Been looking at Unyielding (take 20% less dmg from crits and 58% for a long time. Crits are usually the ones that kill you.

Do you know how much % free mana you will have with Alpha and the nodes? Also the alpha will be another piece of gear without life :(
@Minstrelshadrak
"
"
Zinja wrote:
But for me the main idea behind going for grace is with a carcass jack we have less ev/armor. Since we are already going for IR just to capatilise on the IR node grace would add a bit of buffer. Ive notice in a lot of your videos ... probably due to the bloodrage leech changes that there are huge dips in life due to spike damage. I was hoping that some grace might make that dip in life to a level where we can react with normal reflexes.

My gear was usually pretty crappy on the beta. Trading was bad. Before last wipe, i upgraded my helm to 800 and got a better belt. That kinda did the trick for me. Also a nice side effect is you can use lion pelts, so more choices.

And when you do get alot of armor/eva on gear, a few extra nodes (2-3) into armor/eva is certainly anough for most of those phys dmg spikes you saw. Been looking at Unyielding (take 20% less dmg from crits and 58% for a long time. Crits are usually the ones that kill you.

Do you know how much % free mana you will have with Alpha and the nodes? Also the alpha will be another piece of gear without life :(

zero mana with alpha howls and those reservation nodes. Hence the bm gems to run skills.
2x 50% aura's and 1 25% aura
Grace Hatred and herald of ash.
Unyielding does look nice, we do get more from armor/ev nodes than purely armor nodes. Going for it because of the 20% reduction in crit damage does seem to make sense.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jul 8, 2015, 6:21:38 PM
"
Zinja wrote:
zero mana with alpha howls and those reservation nodes. Hence the bm gems to run skills.2x 50% aura's and 1 25% aura Grace Hatred and herald of ash.

So no increase burning damage on herald of ash i gues.

so with 5L's, you will have:
4-3x aura's + vengeance
4-BM -enduring cry - bloodrage - flame golem (does he get BM himself and die?)
4-arctic breath combo--- (or vengeance combo)
1-
1-

I kinda like the arctic breath combo, so I would keep it. But that means both vengeance and the golem will be loose, and the bloodrage doesn't have increased duration. I gues with a high lvl enlighten gem on the aura's you could drop BM on some skills. This will be a puzzle.

edit: combo arm/eva skill nodes don't count double, a long time ago they did.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Jul 8, 2015, 6:28:54 PM
"
"
Zinja wrote:
zero mana with alpha howls and those reservation nodes. Hence the bm gems to run skills.2x 50% aura's and 1 25% aura Grace Hatred and herald of ash.

So no increase burning damage on herald of ash i gues.

so with 5L's, you will have:
4-3x aura's + vengeance
4-BM -enduring cry - bloodrage - flame golem (does he get BM himself and die?)
4-arctic breath combo--- (or vengeance combo)
1-
1-

I kinda like the arctic breath combo, so I would keep it. But that means both vengeance and the golem will be loose, and the bloodrage doesn't have increased duration. I gues with a high lvl enlighten gem on the aura's you could drop BM on some skills. This will be a puzzle.

edit: combo arm/eva skill nodes don't count double, a long time ago they did.

5L- weapon -leapslam/fortify
5L- armor - icecrash combo
4L - headgear 3x aura's + vengeance
4L - glove BM- Enduring cry- bloodrage - Increase duration
4L- boots - Flame Golem combo..+ warlords mark -curse on hit vengeance
The arctic breath combo does look interesting .
Domine Non Es Dignus
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAZEB5wSzBS0FPAd1CZYNzRLhFCAU9hnpHM4hNCFVIWAnICcvKaUrUCyFLPst0jboOQ453TrYOzs8BT0PPfxAoEE_RrdHfkh4UEdR5lcNWGNYr1oaXhNfP2CRYMRhUmVNaGVo8m87cql08Xasd1N35Xh6eWh673uMfLt82YKbhNmE74VShjuGYIoijM-QVZHOktCWbJd5mAqaO57Fn8uf36IAouqnMKknqW6plK2Nr6e0L7akvTa-p8AawGbApsEExPbFU8bYz37Tb9lh3DLcPd6W5FHkreSx6hjrCew47w7vTu988B_zm_ZI9zL-VA==

it's ok?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info