New Low-Level Uniques

Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 7:25:59 AM
They forgot to make it "Reduced enemy stun threshold with this weapon" unless they want it to be a viable offhand.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Really cool uniques can't wait for the X-pack.
"
IronSteel wrote:
cool.

now make them drop in early stages of game, not in end-game.

Ugh..This guy is right. Now we got more crap drops in end game maps. A unique dropping should make me feel good, but it never does. 99% of the time it is garbage, and now we just got more garbage for end game disappointment.

Twinking out your char for leveling is fun and all, but I wish it didn't effect what dropped at the end game.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
I can understand why some might be upset at adding more low level uniques to a pool of stuff most regret seeing drop when they're mapping. After all, the grind of maps is the hardest of all and seeing the effort rewarding by a drop that's good for a char 50-60 levels lower is a bit of a letdown (ok maybe a big letdown).

Probably these new low level items will be fun to look at for the first few weeks, then once people have leveled they'll become redundant and space filler. Seems like an eventuality, but I do have a suggestion that might be able to change all of that.

Suggestion for GGG:
What if every unique was tied to a specific drop table limited mainly/especially by level? For example if a level 20 unique only drops in level 17-23 areas, and so on. I imagine this would lead to much less frustration for both higher and lower level characters, since they'd be more likely to find drops that are relevant to their progression. To help compensate for the resultant limiting of uniques that could drop, the overall frequency of uniques dropping could also be increased for every area. This might also lead to high level chars farming some lower level areas as they may want to build around a certain item, accomplishing the same goal as GGG stated for their Divination cards: that is, to encourage people to farm certain areas in order to find specific items. You could solve a ton of problems people have looking for uniques to enable builds, and for especially powerful ones, their scarcity could be still be regulated even if overall unique drops were to be increased for each area level.

I'll make a post for this in the Suggestion forum as well, this seems like a legit idea (barring stuff I haven't foreseen).
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
Very nice, especially that sword and being able to get Multistrike earlier than the gem is currently available at in the Beta. Might have some influence in LLPVP, though I hardly have any interest in that myself. Still, very nice to have these sorts of things and will actually increase my inventory space since I can get rid of low-level rares I've been saving up and using as twink gear for leveling characters. Way to go on these, though please do make them more bias to dropping at lower levels rather than the high levels, please. :p

But in all seriousness, thanks for these...helps leveling up future alt characters so much better.
"
laycast wrote:
"
IronSteel wrote:
cool.

now make them drop in early stages of game, not in end-game.

Ugh..This guy is right. Now we got more crap drops in end game maps. A unique dropping should make me feel good, but it never does. 99% of the time it is garbage, and now we just got more garbage for end game disappointment.

Twinking out your char for leveling is fun and all, but I wish it didn't effect what dropped at the end game.

I completely disagree that a unique drop should make you feel good. For me I want more of these unique items, and yes I'll never use any of these three, but the game shouldn't only drop good items.

"
IceDeal wrote:
I would really like thise if I jnew it would stop to drop after leaving the usefull leveling range but right now, it's just extra trash stuff added to the unique pool who will diminish the chances to get something good. Can't we stop droping redbeak in level 78 maps please ?

The more diminished the unique drop pool the better. All of the end game uniques should have crap uniques that use the same base. What fun is the game if only good items drop. Most people want the game to get more difficult, not easier.
Last edited by 105731337 on Jun 3, 2015, 12:40:56 AM
"
Peripherally wrote:
I can understand why some might be upset at adding more low level uniques to a pool of stuff most regret seeing drop when they're mapping. After all, the grind of maps is the hardest of all and seeing the effort rewarding by a drop that's good for a char 50-60 levels lower is a bit of a letdown (ok maybe a big letdown).

Probably these new low level items will be fun to look at for the first few weeks, then once people have leveled they'll become redundant and space filler. Seems like an eventuality, but I do have a suggestion that might be able to change all of that.

Suggestion for GGG:
What if every unique was tied to a specific drop table limited mainly/especially by level? For example if a level 20 unique only drops in level 17-23 areas, and so on. I imagine this would lead to much less frustration for both higher and lower level characters, since they'd be more likely to find drops that are relevant to their progression. To help compensate for the resultant limiting of uniques that could drop, the overall frequency of uniques dropping could also be increased for every area. This might also lead to high level chars farming some lower level areas as they may want to build around a certain item, accomplishing the same goal as GGG stated for their Divination cards: that is, to encourage people to farm certain areas in order to find specific items. You could solve a ton of problems people have looking for uniques to enable builds, and for especially powerful ones, their scarcity could be still be regulated even if overall unique drops were to be increased for each area level.

I'll make a post for this in the Suggestion forum as well, this seems like a legit idea (barring stuff I haven't foreseen).

I like this idea !

While i really like the addition of uniques at all lvl ranges, i have to agree that dropping low level uniques in maps are a really big problem. The self found argument doesn't work as the drop rate of low lvl uniques in low lvl areas is too low to count on this. Ok we can have them for rerolling but it doesn't help the frustration to drop them at high lvl maps.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
If you find a low-level unique in a high-level map, that's not a bad thing. You can use it on some of the next 30 characters you make that league.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
"
Commoble wrote:
If you find a low-level unique in a high-level map, that's not a bad thing. You can use it on some of the next 30 characters you make that league.

This. Also they sell for a decent amount of alch scraps sometimes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info