New Low-Level Uniques

"
Jedi_blr wrote:
LOL dude tell me how ARPG work. What lvl u got in d2 ahh? like here 80? What do u know about POE? I tell 3d time lvl 1-40 is nonfactor in this game(its not about LLD, this uniqs is not for pvp). And GGG show community how team waste time for this shit.

D2 sucked, D1 was vastly superior.
Forum pvp
As a general note: it's fine to think GGG doesn't deserve support, but try not to poison future people against the game. Also, try not to be so rude to GGG. Whether you like their work or not, they work hard on this stuff, and shitting on it is well, rude.

Go outside and do something, read a book, play Grim Dawn or whatever. There has got to be a more positive and fulfilling way to spend your time instead of being here to try and tear down the hard work of GGG.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jun 5, 2015, 4:46:40 AM
Archwizard, GGG is a good team, they create a great game, it takes a lot of time. We all know that.

But whenever i see something which looks wrong to me, i say it.

Thoses items arent perfect and i think they should be improved. Two uniques with "rare" mods and one unique with AOE mods, even for low level uniques...

We are waiting for act 4, and we want something amazing, it's natural. We like the game and we believe that it deserves the best for it's expansion.

Then they show us a bad high level unique armor and two bad low level uniques weapons. How should we react? Thoses items should have "something", not overpowered but good enough to be used in a way or another one.

Brightbeak is good for level up and has an use for leap slam.
Ungil's gauche is powerfull even at high level as an offhand.
tabula rasa is "bis"
goddess variants are special!

A lot of the low level uniques are VERY uniques and can be used even at high level !

and it's what we want and need. SPECIAL items. "Unique" is not only a tag, the word is meaningfull in this game. Two of the uniques shown today are close of the good rare weapons!
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
swords kinda high level man. its really low damage for level 28 and u can already use multistrike at that level. like if u get it maybe u use it. maaaaaybe. but ehh
"
Geisalt wrote:
Archwizard, GGG is a good team, they create a great game, it takes a lot of time. We all know that.

But whenever i see something which looks wrong to me, i say it.

Thoses items arent perfect and i think they should be improved. Two uniques with "rare" mods and one unique with AOE mods, even for low level uniques...

We are waiting for act 4, and we want something amazing, it's natural. We like the game and we believe that it deserves the best for it's expansion.

Then they show us a bad high level unique armor and two bad low level uniques weapons. How should we react? Thoses items should have "something", not overpowered but good enough to be used in a way or another one.

Brightbeak is good for level up and has an use for leap slam.
Ungil's gauche is powerfull even at high level as an offhand.
tabula rasa is "bis"
goddess variants are special!

A lot of the low level uniques are VERY uniques and can be used even at high level !

and it's what we want and need. SPECIAL items. "Unique" is not only a tag, the word is meaningfull in this game. Two of the uniques shown today are close of the good rare weapons!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with thinking content is bad, I've posted plenty of criticisms of the game myself.

It's about how those criticisms are expressed that I am talking about.

Let's take some examples from this thread (without names to, I hope, avoid people getting defensive):

"Yay For more Crappy uniques that nobody will use! \o/"

"wow ... u r joking ... ppl will use those items 20mins ... till they level 10 levels lol" (direct response to the OP)

"suckage all teh way."

"This is a joke right? Don't you guys play your own game? We need MORE melee leveling uniques? "

"Yay, more trash uniques that I'll never use but see drop again and again in maps. HYPE!"
---------

There are plenty more. Those aren't even all the useless negative comments, just some of the more egregious ones.

These comments offer no explanation at all of why the posters do not like these items.
Two of them directly insult GGG.
Two of them assume that their way of playing is the only way of playing.
All of them are a priori judgments of content.

The post in the following spoiler is a great example of what posts should look like. It's a reasoned critique, and while it still contains a priori judgments, it at least explains the reasoning behind them. He also poses the same thought you do, namely that unqiues should have effects that are, in fact, unique.

Spoiler
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Adding low level uniques for leveling purposes is a nice thing for sure, but...

"Lavianga's Wisdom - War Hammer" has -5% Movement Speed as a drawback.
Movement Speed as a drawback on a low level/leveling unique makes the unique a pretty unappealing one.

Tell me, why at level 20 should i ever equip an item which grants me reduced Movement Speed? Because of area of effect and area damage? No never, because damage is sufficiant at this level with a blue scepter/wand which grants more damage than this unique anyway.

Regarding PVP: It is simply very bad. It provides nothing meaningfull to a chraracter and cripples him in terms of mobility and damage (which are both key in PVP). 10% increased radius is not worth the drawbacks.

"Lakishu's Balde" is designed for Low Level PVP - it grants multistrike and will probably be used as an off-hand weapon for dual wielding characters.

"Gorebreaker"

Fun low level item (to bad there is no level10 PVP scene) which is nice until end of act1/early act2. The attack speed is very low, which might be an issue.

@GGG
I wish that you guys would came up with some interesting new ideas for uniques. The don't have to be targeted towards endgame, but the should provide interesting mechanics in a fancy way or new mechanics that arn't available that easy or at the specific point the unique can be used by the player.
Adding uniques to the game which do nothing specific at all and are outclassed by rares or even blue items in this case... what is the point of adding them to the game? What do those unique specificly provide to the game and in which form do those make the game a better experience?

I would really like to hear an answer to this question of mine, thank you!
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I just have two words to say regarding these new uniques:

Chance recipe.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Savage_of wrote:
swords kinda high level man. its really low damage for level 28 and u can already use multistrike at that level. like if u get it maybe u use it. maaaaaybe. but ehh

Multistrike has been moved to level 38.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Sword looks so OP :) nice to level up till merc :)
I noticed that Uniques which are very difficult to find for Solo, self found, punish the finder. I don't want to have one line say , 30 physical damage for me, after finding a unique that could keep me going. Treat them as a find that could be a game changer for us hermits. I believe there is a substantial group of solo players. Self found is challenge enough.

thank You
The weapons surely looks very solid. In my view their value to the game looks limited.
Last edited by Kenza on Jun 6, 2015, 1:39:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info