New Low-Level Uniques

Am I the only one here who enjoys trying out new ways of playing, and not doing the same build, the same items over and over again?
Including leveling up with different skills, instead of doing the same build until maps, where I change my character completely.
IGN: Maelifica
Is it just me or is that item art.... crappy? Could have done better.
Just what we neended more trash drops
"
Craynet wrote:
Just what we neended more trash drops

What exactly is trash about them? Have you ever played Diablo? Do you understand the basics of how arpgs like this work?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Post referred to was removed, so nevermind on this one!
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jun 5, 2015, 4:48:51 AM
"
[Removed by Support]

What's a "Funboy" ? O.o
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Jun 5, 2015, 4:37:36 AM
Qarl, from what I can see, some of these uniques are going to outclass the max roll on any currently available rare item. Won't it just trivialise all loot for that slot below a certain level?
MCAussie MCServer. MCWin.
Most of the humps for most builds are around the 50's, 60's level not the 10-20.

Screaming Eagle is already good enough. At low levels you usually don't specialize into a weapons type and w/ recipes there's no real issue.

Phys Wand would be a good unique. Maybe an Heirloom style. Maybe it could have an ok damage but its attack speed came from Intelligence? Thematically it would be like the more wits you have the faster it attacks.

Brother laz? or is he not with the team?
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
the only powerfull one / level ... it's the mace and it has 20% reduced attack speed, it's a good unique for it's level but nothing op.

ungil's gauche normal/legacy is 4644311 billions times better than thoses uniques.

I even think that the sword is bad, multistrike lvl 28 is cool but..... we want a 6L for Low level pvp. Off hand ? why not but there is better OP options ( ungil's legacy * 2 = 55% block + good damage?!, good rare with better damage?). The 20% chance to avoid being stunned, Great but weak if we compare it with ungil's gauche.

Brutus' Lead Sprinkler is faaaaar more powerfull, the goddess scorned has more true potential, edge of madness is more fun, pillar of caged god is devastating at thoses levels... geofri baptism... etc

Brightbeak destroys the sword badly.
I even prefer al dhih with leech + stun threshold.

So the point of this sword is to level up with a fake 4L? multi strike needs the level 19.
So... this weapon is only good at the beginning of a new league when we do not have multistrike?!

Lavianga wisdom is okey for dual cleave, 20% aoe radius & 30% aoe damage, plus meginord's belt... Enough damage & clean speed but the 5% reduced movement speed is unnecessary.
(come on , ungil's gauche or brightbeak, far better)

Gorebreaker, ok, nothing to say. Good to start but very weak compared to goddess bound.

Thoo it seems "alright" compared to true 1hand weapons like last resort or redbeak, the screaming eagle was and is still a joke but good at low level.

So the purpose of thoses uniques is to make you ANGRY to find them instead of something else.
they are fillers without purposes, useless for niche builds, useless for level up. Better options everywhere.

Only a beginner will be happy to find them but they will not if the drop rate is too low, also if they get thoses items they do not get a better unique instead...?

and if the drop rate is too high old players will be angry to find the same lazy half assed uniques all the time when they play.

I'm not a troll or an hater, but to me thoses items are "useless". Please, rework them.

Diversity for diversity is not a good design. The game needs "niche" items with cool ideas behind their creations. Lavianga's wisdom is the only weapon with a special interresting effect : AOE.

Gorebreaker is not an "unique", it's a good rare. Lakishu's unique state is "avoid stun", the level 1 multistrike SUCKS ( oookey, we could have a 5L with a corrupted melee splash..... ... if you can afford it, you can afford a tabula rasa) and otherwise it's a good rare.

Yeah, really, something is wrong with two of thoses uniques, no identity, no pleasure to use them or to build around them at low level... I will never feel happy to discover them.

I mean, I was very happy to find an ungil's gauche or brightbeak, or tabula rasa or goddess... But gorebreaker or lakishu arent FUN enough. Arent GOOD enough. Havent enough possibilities to craft around. Even al dhih is better.

Lavianga's is ok.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 4, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info