New Low-Level Uniques

"
Jedi_blr wrote:
With The Awakening, no aspect of Path of Exile is going without a detailed look by the development team
Hmm, so in ver 1.0+ it was not? LOL

Jedi says: Touché!
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
BurakUeda wrote:
I am shocked that no one else mentioned this:
People will use those items for a very short time and most of them will end in vendors!
Also those will drop only in 75+ maps so, totally useless!!!12exclamationmark!

I strongly disagree. These new uniques are far from useless. It seems your definition of "useless" (from my own perception of the implications) means without currency or endgame value. WIth that definition, probably so.

However, these new items serve a great role in helping new players level, or people who want to try different playstyles to level new characters. I think these are very valuable additions to the Unique leveling pool as they cover areas not yet covered by other leveling uniques.

I certainly look forward to passing these out to new players to help them level - for FREE.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Jun 3, 2015, 9:48:21 PM
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
"
BurakUeda wrote:
I am shocked that no one else mentioned this:
People will use those items for a very short time and most of them will end in vendors!
Also those will drop only in 75+ maps so, totally useless!!!12exclamationmark!

I strongly disagree. These new uniques are far from useless. It seems your definition of "useless" (from my own perception of the implications) means without currency or endgame value. WIth that definition, probably so.

However, these new items serve a great role in helping new players level, or people who want to try different playstyles to level new characters. I think these are very valuable additions to the Unique leveling pool as they cover areas not yet covered by other leveling uniques.

I certainly look forward to passing these out to new players to help them level - for FREE.
I am totally against giving stuff for free to newbies
give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

The noob that doesnt passes trhough the hard times of the first steps will have a shit hard time on the endgame slope
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
just give us that new thing where u can change the color of the items that drop not jus for beta I don't get what it is gonna hurt for us to have that ;/ that's only thing that rly interests me in the next "expansion".
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
By the time a majority of "new" players get these unique items to drop for them they are already going to have rare gear that is going to be 2x or more, better. These low lvl unis only help those who want to reroll characters. I see it as twink gear.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
I enjoy seeing more unique in the game.

With a name like Gorebreaker for example you would think this could be a weapon version of facebreaker but at first sight it doesn't work that way.

The sword is OK but not really interesting, just a basic dps item.
The mace with it s AOE could be interesting.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jun 4, 2015, 2:33:32 AM
If you're arguing adding these is good because it helps people with leveling you're wrong. If you want fast leveling you don't get a level 10 unique that will last you for maybe 10 more levels, you buy facebreakers and meginords which lasts you until endgame. These items are only useful if you find them on the ground at the level of their intended use at the beginning of the league where you can't buy better leveling items, and that will be an incredibly rare occurrence.

There's also the issue with these being 1h physical weapons. If you want leveling weapons you want 2h weapons since they have much higher base damage. I'm fairly certain you'll get equal or better dps using a 2h with the rustic sash recipe, and 100% certain you'll do more dps if you roll flat phys and phys%. We also have 2h phys uniques like geofri's which are superior to these in damage and also very low in cost.
Last edited by Nycro on Jun 4, 2015, 3:41:14 AM
Depends on the drop rate. If people find those when theyre lvl 60 they get called vendor trash again. Time for making uniques drop in lvl appropriate zones.
It's not like having more uniques will reduce your chances to find top tier uniques, so what are you people complaining about?
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
It's not like having more uniques will reduce your chances to find top tier uniques, so what are you people complaining about?

Finding uniques doesn't feel rewarding when you are dropping useless trash all the time. I actually like having leveling uniques in the game. But after some time playing end game you will simply start to hate them, because of reasons. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info