New Low-Level Uniques

Shiversting and Geofri are enough to faceroll whole normal difficulty, much more potent than these uniques since any random 2h weapon will provide a better leveling experience since monster damage doesn't pose a threat in normal.

I was hoping for more actually interesting uniques, not more filler (because these uniques are just rare copies on steroids for their level) :P

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jun 3, 2015, 5:38:07 AM
Yeah! more crappy uniqs that no1 will use! GJ GGG! -.-'
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
Erib_Segsir wrote:
"
x_KOR_x wrote:

It actually does. One item cannot be both items at the same time. If a base drops and its a unique but not the desired unique it means that you just lost another chance at getting the one you want.

How do you know, that they don't change the droprates of uniques from time to time?

??? Would you care to read what i wrote, again?

Yes I care, however its not changing my opinion.
Would you care reading what I wrote?

just adding more uniques to the loot table doesnt automatically mean, that others drop less frequent.

For example:

Lets say theres only 10 different uniques in this game, and when you get a unique drop theres an equal chance for every one of those 10. If they then add 5 other uniques and the drop rates for getting a unique stay the same, of course the chance to get a particular unique would be lower. BUT maybe they made uniques drop 1.5x as often, or they just made it, that only 1 of those 10 uniques "gives away it's chance to be rolled", so that this one and the 5 new uniques have a chance of 1.667% and all other 9 remain at a percentage of 10%.

What I want to say, is that we can't say how the addition of new uniques affects the droprate of others, since we do not know what else they change behind the scenes.
Low level uniques are required BUT i am more concerned about those unique lifespan.

For casters, low level uniques can be used for a very long time ( Lifesprig / Reverberation Rod ) while for melee those unique will only last 5 to 10 level.
This also lead to melee low level uniques having no value in trading while casters unique do.

"
PeterssonNO1 wrote:
It feels like ppl think that this is it, this is the only new items that will be released. Im pretty sure you all will see a good bunch end game uniques when the beta is released.

And to ppl that say "Oh now its just more crap that will drop in maps". I dont know how GGGs chans on drops realy work but I dont belive that for every low level unique that drops it takes away the chans for geting a shavs. So if they do a lvl cap on maps so low lvl cant drop, then you all wont be running around with 20 shavs because they will drops indsted, you will just be running maps with no uniques at all.

When you are droping useless low-level uniques all the time especially in maps, light beam indicating drop of unique item loosing its exceptionality. Besides bigger pool of items probably means lower chance of getting something you actually want. Hopefully divination cards will change this...
Last edited by Langhun on Jun 3, 2015, 5:51:39 AM
lavianga's wisdom, as one of the few items providing extra area of effect, is extremely good. extra life, mana and area damage is making it decent in all stages of the game.
What the heck are you all crying about. Those are low level uniques. Those only have a few reasons:
1. they are cheap, and really gives you a buff for leveling through normal. That is still there main intention. And also you may use a two handed weapon for normal, if you already want to play with some skill and setups you need those 1h-weapons
2. they are one handed, so they can be used as side weapons for dual wielding, for skills that only uses allows a few weapons.
3. does no one thinks about low level pvp? all of them are below 29 lvl requirment. So low level pvp...

And it is still quit fun to run through normal with your second or third char in a league, with a total pimp equipment. Cause in endgame i am sure you cannot run safe with a pure unique setup.
nice
Some "mediocre" leveling uniques, could be helpful.

But how about "enabling" certain gems for other weapon bases?

Leap slam not working with facebreakers?

I do my leap slams with my feet, not my hands, and since I have no pants, it's awkward :)))
"
Erib_Segsir wrote:
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
Erib_Segsir wrote:

How do you know, that they don't change the droprates of uniques from time to time?

??? Would you care to read what i wrote, again?

Yes I care, however its not changing my opinion.
Would you care reading what I wrote?

just adding more uniques to the loot table doesnt automatically mean, that others drop less frequent.

It does, for the same base type of items. Do you know what that is?

"
Erib_Segsir wrote:
For example:

Lets say theres only 10 different uniques in this game, and when you get a unique drop theres an equal chance for every one of those 10.

That is not how it works. when you kill a monster, open a box or break pots/barrels the game predetermines the base item and its item level (zone level/monster level). Let's say it's a Imperial Bow. Then the game "asks itself" Is it a unique? No. then, is it a rare? No, and so on...
If it is a unique, then the game will select one from the pool of possible Imperial Bows uniques, is it a Lioneye's Glare, is it a Windripper? (one might be rarer than the other)
In this case there are only 2, but there are items with more and with every unique added to the same base your chances get slimmer.

"
Erib_Segsir wrote:
If they then add 5 other uniques and the drop rates for getting a unique stay the same, of course the chance to get a particular unique would be lower. BUT maybe they made uniques drop 1.5x as often, or they just made it, that only 1 of those 10 uniques "gives away it's chance to be rolled", so that this one and the 5 new uniques have a chance of 1.667% and all other 9 remain at a percentage of 10%.

What I want to say, is that we can't say how the addition of new uniques affects the droprate of others, since we do not know what else they change behind the scenes.

At least i'm talking about what we know. Unlike you that are babbling about If, maybe, or, we do not know what else they change behind the scenes! lol
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info