Skill tree: Easy way to move passive points

"
silumit wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
this clearly its intended to work as it is now.
But we don't know for sure that this behaviour in this situation is what was intended.

Maybe you dont want to accept it. I'm sure this "limitations" are chosen by design, not mistake or accident.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Maybe you dont want to accept it. I'm sure this "limitations" are chosen by design, not mistake or accident.

This wouldn't make sense.
This limitation inhibits small changes rather than big ones. That's the opposite what respec points seem to be designed for.
I'm slightly confused on peoples positions here (maybe its just too late for me)

I think @Mr_Cee agrees with me in the fact it shouldn't be changed.

@MrTremere

Im not sure what you mean, do you think the tree should be changeable like OP thinks or do you think better planning and the current system is fine?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
A solution could be to FINALLY remove that damn damn damn TAX POINTS, useless +10 stats that serves only to ggg and their constant fear for the power creep, by stealing the time and the sweat of the players. If i was a dev, i would be ashamed of myself for posing all those useless nodes between marauder and duelist (SIX points to spend between Warrior blood and Master of the arena!!!!!), for gating witch zone from both sides to templar and shadow, for gating the shadow/ranger path (SIX points between Coordination and Ballistic mastery)
"
goetzjam wrote:
@MrTremere

Im not sure what you mean, do you think the tree should be changeable like OP thinks or do you think better planning and the current system is fine?

My position is that, the way I understand the suggestion, it is a reasonable one, and that none of the counter-arguments I have seen are good counter-arguments.

What this suggestion points out is an aberration within the system that works against what the system is going for (i.e. small changes rather than big ones).

To me, what would possibly make this suggestion not viable is that it may be too complex to code for the small improvement it provides.
@MrTremere

I think you are missing the fact that this same method can be used for larger changes in different circumstances rather then this one instance where he is paying 1 extra regret orb.

How can you or OP justify benefiting from other stat nodes only to later change them to nodes completely different?

To me it would be one thing to change 1 dex node from here to another dex node there, hes changing 3 points, 1 of which is dex to 2 damage nodes and 1 dex.

I guess I need to make a tree to show you the potential power of what OP is suggesting, in his case specifically here the power move isn't that high, but if regrets were 1:1 allowing you to break the tree at any point as long as you connected it before you finished we are talking about something that is extremely powerful, something many people spend 20-40 regret orbs doing every single league.

@wispo

You get 120 skill points, more in act 4, its perfectly fine if you use them on stat nodes, because skill gems require stats without the skill tree you would never get enough stats on gear to use the gems.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on May 29, 2015, 8:35:15 AM
I've already replied to your questions, goetzjam :
+ The current system only penalizes pathing (=minor) changes. Big changes will always have some passive points to move in order to keep the parts of the tree they want to, simply because they'll be reallocating "leaf" clusters in addition to these "branch" nodes.
+ I believe that being able to go through a path early during a build, and then make small changes later to optimize the build is a good thing for the game, as it allows you to enjoy your build better during every stage of its evolution. Big changes are another issue, but they aren't affected by this.
+ You fail to see that these are small optimization changes done to his pathing, not build-changing modifications.
False. Instead of robbing players of THREE +10 points could be put ONE other +30, so the player can use his hard earned remaining 2 points to something USEFUL ;) But no, they don't give ONE +30, but THREE +10. ROBBERY ;) At the SOLE purpose of NERFING players ;)

And don't tell me the kid's story "it is required for gems" (you have a pre-made justify for ALL ggg mistakes, hu? ;) ), because >>>IF<<< GGG WANTS could LOWER the requirements of gems and gear (some are ridicolous, like the int requirements for purity of lightning -over 150- or for some wands -over 240!!!!!!-) so the "they are required" for equipping theory would fall miserably...

For not talking of the fact that this EXCUSE of requirements is RIDICOLOUS because---> The gem X needs 30 dex (just for say) more? ASTRAMENTIS and fuck world!!!! Oh... no... wait... ehrrr, those 6 (SIX) TAX points are still there, before i can grab the notable i want O___O But... how is this possible? O___O A guy in the forum, a certain Goetzjam if i remember well, has telled me that those + 10 points serve for equipping... but i have my astramentis, so i ALREADY have all the points i need for gem and gear, so... HOW IS IT THAT I AM -EQUALLY- >>>>>>>>FORCED<<<<<<<< to take those tax points? O___O

I am ALREADY filled up with your EXCUSES Goetz ;)
"
Wispo wrote:
(...)

Short story, Wispo, the skill tree works better with these +10 DEX/INT/STR nodes.

The tree needs buffer nodes in order to offer interesting ways of getting most nodes you require without being able to go take only the best (for balance purposes).

These nodes can't be empty, they need to give out something that is useful, but can't be too valuable, or they would be more important than other nodes. +10 to a stat is one of the best compromises you can find, as this is useful to almost every build, without being more useful than a regular node.

Wispo, I understand that some people look like they want to be knights in shining armour protecting GGG against everything, but you look just the opposite, as if you had some kind of grudge against GGG.
"
"
Wispo wrote:
(...)

Short story, Wispo, the skill tree works better with these +10 DEX/INT/STR nodes.

The tree needs buffer nodes in order to offer interesting ways of getting most nodes you require without being able to go take only the best (for balance purposes).

These nodes can't be empty, they need to give out something that is useful, but can't be too valuable, or they would be more important than other nodes. +10 to a stat is one of the best compromises you can find, as this is useful to almost every build, without being more useful than a regular node.

Wispo, I understand that some people look like they want to be knights in shining armour protecting GGG against everything, but you look just the opposite, as if you had some kind of grudge against GGG.

Grudge? No, only disgusted by ggg blindness: people say something, and they don't give a shit and continues on their wrong road (game is worst and worst at every patch, excluding the masters introduction).
Remains the fact that they rob people of points for nerfing players. An example? The endless "train" (twoot twoooooot!!!) of +10 str/dex under duelist (between "hard knock/quickness" and "twin terrors/king of the hill" for clarity)---> Is required a Master in engineering of aerospace for making "born", from a +10 points node, THREE clusters instead of only 2, so that instead of (in the example) TEN points (TEN LEVELS!!!!!) we can spend "only" -say- 6? Oh and what we have here? A fantastic USELESS (because doesn't leads to nothing) +10 dex under "Bravery" -.-'

Grudge? No, disgusted, mate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info