Shock Nova Revamped - Teaser Video!

"
Fanaberia wrote:

What deadzone are you talking about? In the center skill does 100% damage, and a little further 150%....you get a chance to do extra 50% more damage without losing anything.

Well you still end up with the same scenario as before, wanting to get enemies into that 150% zone. It's just a frustrating mechanic to use in poe imo, I wish they made the whole nova do the same damage.
"
Fonclbrich wrote:
"
Fanaberia wrote:

What deadzone are you talking about? In the center skill does 100% damage, and a little further 150%....you get a chance to do extra 50% more damage without losing anything.

Well you still end up with the same scenario as before, wanting to get enemies into that 150% zone. It's just a frustrating mechanic to use in poe imo, I wish they made the whole nova do the same damage.

I disagree, you shouldnt just be able to stand and spam the spell and see enemies die around you. If you want to do maximum damage you need to work for it. If you're lazy you can still use the spell, just dealing lesser damage. I like these kind of spells/skills.
finally going to see mjolner + shock nova??

hype?
nice effect thnx... next; kinetic blast? :)
"
Acer99 wrote:

I disagree, you shouldnt just be able to stand and spam the spell and see enemies die around you. If you want to do maximum damage you need to work for it. If you're lazy you can still use the spell, just dealing lesser damage. I like these kind of spells/skills.

In theory I agree that a positional based skill sounds fun, but in practice the pace in poe just makes a skill like this frustrating imo. Every other skill in the game is a "stand and spam the spell and see enemies die around you" skill.
"
McDivine wrote:
nice effect thnx... next; kinetic blast? :)

yes i agree with you. Kinetic Blast will be fine for us.
FINALLY pulling it out of the grave. Not expecting Arc levels of revival but if the change makes it useful it'll already be better than before.
"
Fonclbrich wrote:

In theory I agree that a positional based skill sounds fun, but in practice the pace in poe just makes a skill like this frustrating imo. Every other skill in the game is a "stand and spam the spell and see enemies die around you" skill.

Then you have plenty of options if that is the play style you prefer. No one is forcing you to use shock nova, so I don't see a problem with it being different as long as there are SOME people who like it.
YOU WA SHOCK!

Ahem... anyways I see this skill actually having some potential now with that in-built shock, and hopefully adding quality to it would increase the AoE? or even a higher chance to shock perhaps?I guess we just need more clarification on its bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info