Shock Nova Revamped - Teaser Video!

THANK GOD! I can finally make use of my two 20% Shock Novas

I found the level 19 like that with 20%.
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.
the revival of the nova sorc from d2? teleporting around and spamming nova in cowlevel hehehe.

"
Rupenus wrote:
Why dont you add an ability to shock nova like diablo 2's static strike, in order To make it viable for almost all builds: ''Every enemy in a radius around you loses %1 or 0.5% of their health.''

u mean static field? and it reduced much more % than that. i think it removed 50% or so.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 30, 2015, 7:44:04 PM
Do we have more info about the skill?

I noticed a website that has some gem info (which would imply very sad damage outside of the new ring) but nothing to suggest what would be the inner ring aoe, medium ring aoe, total ring aoe.

I think ring size is going to be key, because I suspect that the intention of GGG will be to have poor damage outside the middle ring, stronger than average damage in the middle and fat damage if shock procs on the initial middle ring cast.
If that middle ring is too thin or starts too far away, then it will be too tricky to use (at least for average players like me) as using it on packs will be quite tough, and the skill will be useless against mobs that close the gap quickly.

"
kompaniet wrote:
the revival of the nova sorc from d2? teleporting around and spamming nova in cowlevel hehehe.

"
Rupenus wrote:
Why dont you add an ability to shock nova like diablo 2's static strike, in order To make it viable for almost all builds: ''Every enemy in a radius around you loses %1 or 0.5% of their health.''

u mean static field? and it reduced much more % than that. i think it removed 50% or so.

Static Field was 1/4 (25%) of their current health. Seriously, 0.5-1% would be absolutely horrendous - even if it was based on max health (like Static Field wasn't), that'd be a minimum of 100 attacks to kill a level 1 mob. Awful.

Not to mention the problem with a Static Field in PoE would be that it'd be close to mandatory for killing bosses (CoC or similar), but likely very poor for general play.
Last edited by Segus1992 on Jun 12, 2015, 8:52:17 AM
Question:

I am still confused about the Diagram (page 1): It says you would deal 100% damage in the inner (before the buff: dead) area. However the skill gem itself says: 50% Less damage in the inner area. And where does it say in the gem it would hit twice in the outer area?

Bonus question: Since it is hitting twice, doesn't that reduce shock duration.. yes I know but I just wonder because it doesn't say so in the gem..!?

"
Zepepsico wrote:
Do we have more info about the skill?

I noticed a website that has some gem info (which would imply very sad damage outside of the new ring) but nothing to suggest what would be the inner ring aoe, medium ring aoe, total ring aoe.
[...]

I think you have to look at the diagram on page1, there it is explained to you (100% damage outside...), despite my question. And on your "too difficult to use", that's what makes the skill interesting so you'd have to support it with knockback/vengeance for instance. Also blockers/summons I imagine are supposed to be useful here, like standing behind them optimizes your damage... You are forced to think so much more with this mechanic, which is the fun about it. Otherwise there wouldn't be all that. And if you don't like it get another spell...

Comment:
Nice teaser not making you totally rely on position (not 0% dam) but rewarding it (150% dam). More reliable versus uncontrollable / hasty mobs, and still having that uniqueness about it to dictate the gameplay in general (like knockback and stuff)

"
Segus1992 wrote:

Not to mention the problem with a Static Field in PoE would be that it'd be close to mandatory for killing bosses (CoC or similar), but likely very poor for general play.

It wasn't in D2 (in hell), since lightning resistance (Vanilla) and 50% life cap (Expansion) reduced the "damage" enough to make it a nice to have but not mandatory spell to only play sorc, despite the sorceress being pretty "strong" in general. (as well as the overall based on current health that you mentioned)
And by the way: The sorc got static because Melees had Crushing Blow.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jul 7, 2015, 3:17:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info