Shock Nova Revamped - Teaser Video!

Nice.. my first ever toon back in beta was a shock nova toon based on d2 novamancer maybe it's time to retry it? :D
finally shock nova is playable ) gz, lets ee how it works at higter levels, need to be OP ofc !
Great Change :D
...and finally we have nice skill to play CoC with cyclone (or Cast on melee kill)
This was so needed. Keep it up GGG!
Self found and solo (mostly)
Seems a little dangerous to me, just like Fire Trap Nova, you have to get so close to mobs that it s almost as playing melee. Not HC viable. Unless if you have like 10k+ armor and 6k+ hp
Last edited by Dr1MaR on May 27, 2015, 9:58:16 PM
Really like the change for players. Hopefully now that there isn't that dreadful dead zone in the middle it will be more useful.

Will goatmen be getting the new Shock Nova, though, or sticking with the old version? Personally think the new shock nova would look weird on them. I also like it when enemy skills look different to player skills in order to reduce confusion when things get chaotic. Though maybe I just have my nostalgia goggles on for the first.
On the one hand, I like the direction of the change from a mechanical perspective; from a gameplay perspective, it looks a little slow - or a little fast, depending on whether those were one cast or two of the skill (on careful examination, it's the latter, and therefore fast).

I think it'd make sense for the ring and the nova to be separated by about a quarter of a second before cast speed modifiers: just enough to hear that there are two distinct hits, without making it significantly slower than other spells.

This would also potentially make for a microtransaction skill effect where the ring appears and then flares; would make crits doubly satisfying.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
I can not wait ...

Can you fast start new path ?
Increasing the AOE and adding a couple sparks on the outside of the skill is not a revamp.

Go ahead, put me on probation for 2 weeks like you did last time for letting me speak my mind. Don't really care at this point, the moderation here is corrupt.

And Chris Wilson should look into it and find out what moderator's are making bad decisions and talk with them. It's just
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on May 28, 2015, 6:01:41 PM
This skill look like a very good skill for a CoC, but not for a pure mage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info