Shock Nova Revamped - Teaser Video!

"
ShacoFinder wrote:
A good improvement, though the damage would have to be pretty substantial in order to justify a caster basically going into melee

Neah. More likely this will be (yet another) skill that people automatically link to a trap/totem/mine (does anyone use mines?).
Hmm, as long as its not just going to lower the damage and have the higher damage ring just be the same damage as it is now, then it looks great!

The one skill I have consistently used since day one is ice nova even though it is usually relegated to my secondary/defensive skill.

I already use ice/lightning skills (Glacial Cascade currently, Ball Lightning previously) and Ice nova, I guess I might as well start leveling up a shock nova gem now :)
I think Poe should have more interactive spells.
Like this shock nova instead of a spam skill could be a channeling spell, and with mouse move you change the shock ring's radius wider and shorter
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
3 mana flasks

I see what you're trying to do.
I can't believe it. Shock Nova's finally becoming (practically) viable.
Currently using ice nova build, I would like to test this one also.

Good job
An immense river of oblivion is sweeping us away into a nameless abyss.
"
Knoshua wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
As there was some confusion, here is a diagram of the way it deals damage:

Spoiler

Am I the only one that got really confused by this?

How is the damage 150% in the middle if those enemies are get hit twice by two effects that deal 100% each?

the ring deals 50% damage, the nova deals 100% damage, so monsters in the ring-area get hit twice (-> 100% + 50% = 150%)
"
storzi wrote:
Spoiler
"
Knoshua wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
As there was some confusion, here is a diagram of the way it deals damage:

Spoiler

Am I the only one that got really confused by this?

How is the damage 150% in the middle if those enemies are get hit twice by two effects that deal 100% each?

the ring deals 50% damage, the nova deals 100% damage, so monsters in the ring-area get hit twice (-> 100% + 50% = 150%)

Yeah that would make sense, but it's not what the diagram says.
The diagram doesn't say how much the second hit is for, just that the first hit is 100%. Since the total is given, the second hit must be 50%. "Hit twice" != "hit twice for 100% on each hit".
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
neato
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info