"the beast" is probably a

It would make sense, from a lore sense. That being said, we have things like dragon bone stones in our world, that doesn't actually have dragons. It could be the dragon bone stuff is just made from something called dragon bone which, in turn, got the name from a mythical creature in the game world.

I hope that isn't it though. I'd like it to be something we come across at some point. Maybe not ' the beast ' but something...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I disagree. If anything, Path of Exile is more like the Call of Cthulhu tabletop rpg.

We have Dreamlands in the map system, Beyond Demons and Invasion Bosses are like the Great Old Ones (they even have epithets!), many civilizations have fallen, there are thaumaturgists bringing eldritch abominations because they are insane...

If I have to bet, the beast is more like Azathoth. Don't expect to really kill it.

Finally, somebody else who realizes it's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story. Made me smile :)

Also, the Beyond demons are called Beyond because they come from beyond the veil of reality, taking form from the nightmare emptiness outside the universe. Definitely Lovecraftian abominations.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I disagree. If anything, Path of Exile is more like the Call of Cthulhu tabletop rpg.

We have Dreamlands in the map system, Beyond Demons and Invasion Bosses are like the Great Old Ones (they even have epithets!), many civilizations have fallen, there are thaumaturgists bringing eldritch abominations because they are insane...

If I have to bet, the beast is more like Azathoth. Don't expect to really kill it.

Finally, somebody else who realizes it's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story. Made me smile :)

Also, the Beyond demons are called Beyond because they come from beyond the veil of reality, taking form from the nightmare emptiness outside the universe. Definitely Lovecraftian abominations.

When I first read your post real quick I thought you typed Beyoncé demons

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 24, 2015, 9:48:11 PM
I kind of hope the beast is physically pitiful looking.
Some sad little creature hiding in a mountain pooping out gems and building a wall of dead peoples memories to defend itself.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
Loreweaver wrote:

That is exactly why I didn't like the beyond enemies.
These terrible nightmarish monsters were just common enemies smothered in marinara.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:

That is exactly why I didn't like the beyond enemies.
These terrible nightmarish monsters were just common enemies smothered in marinara.

The horror comes from the mechanics, :P Pity people hate double regen mobs.

Anyway, I think the whole Beyond League should be revisited in the future to be more eldritch (other leagues require some love too).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Dailia Talks about a big fish
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
It's not a dragon you can clearly see that in the teaser shadow of beast, unless dragons started getting tentacle looking things all over their head! lol...the shadow sorta looks like Medusa really, at least more so than a dragon...!

Go to the bottom, does that look like a dragon?! NO!!!

Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 25, 2015, 8:53:54 AM
"
Davidson wrote:
I was wondering why there were so many dragon bone rapiers and dragonscale boots lying around and no dragon enemies.

It would make sense lore wise to see dragons in the game.

Marketing, my friend. Would you rather buy a measly bone rapier or a DRAGON bone rapier. Obviously the dragon bone.

But in reality, I'm thinking it could either be that tree looking thing on the left of the art. Some type of living flesh that has corrupted the very earth of wraeclast and these gems could actually be condensed malevolence, or condensed human thought/"soul" taking form and as such why they grant you abilities. You are effectively binding a trapped human essence thats been corrupted into your armour, or somethine like that. The Tree is the "literal" root cause of the corruption and spreads it throughout the continent. Actually reminds me of the Only war campaign we just did. Like, A lot. GGG get out of our basements. It could also be a lovecraftian being, though I dont think that'd be as fun ;P
Someone in GGG is infatuated with boobies... I'm expecting a boobie boss.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info