Legacy items are bullshit

Crackmonster nailed it perfectly in my opinion.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
Crackmonster nailed it perfectly in my opinion.
I do like the way in which he kind of implies they are bullshit, but they've become his bullshit, so he's kind of fond now.

I'm not being ironic. Seems like valid feedback to me. Thanks for sharing, Crackmonster.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Perq wrote:

"
goetzjam wrote:

Even if it wasn't a technical issue, this is an ARPG game not something like Dota 2, you cannot change people items they already looted just because you want to or want to balance.

What?! Except for every aRPG game, like, fucking ever? XD

O really.

Hum, D2 retroactively changed items?

D3 retroactively changed items? No they did attackspeed nerf once and it was a huge mistake.

Yeah ok, get your facts strait before you try and use your bullshit arguments that other ARPG games do this.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
they did attackspeed nerf once and it was a huge mistake
I disagree. Rather strongly. But I wouldn't want to derail the thread with an argument over it.

I believe the point is that, regardless of whether it was a good idea to nerf attackspeed or not, the Diablo 3 team wanted to do it, and they did, because they could. The capability to do so is and should be taken for granted as business as usual, not some kind of ARPG above-and-beyond.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 12, 2015, 2:19:14 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
they did attackspeed nerf once and it was a huge mistake
I disagree. Rather strongly. But I wouldn't want to derail the thread with an argument over it.

I believe the point is that, regardless of whether it was a good idea to nerf attackspeed or not, the Diablo 3 team wanted to do it, and they did, because they could. The capability to do so is and should be taken for granted as business as usual, not some kind of ARPG above-and-beyond.

If you were playing D3 at the time you would have not disagreed with it.

The D3 team wanted to do it without thinking of the negativity that would come from it. The global reduction of attackspeed is something much different then adjusting values on items like GGG has done on items. But the negativity around said change are basically the same, you touch peoples items they previously looted with said stats and they get pissed. This isn't the type of game adjustments are expected to affect everyone across the board for everything.

Again you neglect his original point that other ARPG games balance their game or even go as far as retroactively changing the stats of items (aside from this one particular instance)

FeelsBadMan

I was playing at the time. And argued on the forums defending the attackspeed nerf, at the time.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I was playing at the time. And argued on the forums defending the attackspeed nerf, at the time.

You would.

FeelsBadMan

ROFL

FeelsBadMan

Hi

I love legacy items because I have a few and was even more lucky that they dropped whilst playing solo play and everyone knows how bad RNG is with solo players.

I suggested a looooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time ago to Chris just before the legacy change that GGG simply make the legacy items account bound. I was informed by GGG that the idea of account bound items is no good.

The true bullshit is that solo players will always get shit drops.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I can see the point you were trying to make, but I don't think you made it.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info