Legacy items are bullshit

Every build may become crap when metagame changes.
Anyone wonder when old skills like burning arrow and freezing pulse were so OP? And how about now? Are they still OP? How?
Game is about combinations of skills and items, not about any item as itself. If you find a legacy item a bullshit, please find out which builds they fit before asking for a buff on it.

EDIT: Its kinda fun consider how problematic would be for game if accuracy become a dominant factor on both attack and spell critical hits.
Last edited by PHRandom on Jun 1, 2015, 2:04:26 PM
"
PHRandom wrote:
Every build may become crap when metagame changes.
Anyone wonder when old skills like burning arrow and freezing pulse were so OP? And how about now? Are they still OP? How?
Game is about combinations of skills and items, not about any item as itself. If you find a legacy item a bullshit, please find out which builds they fit before asking for a buff on it.

EDIT: Its kinda fun consider how problematic would be for game if accuracy become a dominant factor on both attack and spell critical hits.

In live burning arrow (when used as prolif+trap especially) is actually pretty strong, I haven't tested the skill after the changes to prolif in beta but I imagine it still "ok". FP is pretty crap in terms of cold skills go as there are just so many other skills that are better, that don't require the risk and are rewarded for building differently.

The items enable builds, without them it wouldn't matter what you went, if anything it would make spells more desirable as they need levels not items to really scale damage.

What are you talking about for buffs, the only item I have seen people call for a buff on that is now legacy is the new kaoms heart, for multiple reasons, but that is another thread on its own. No need to discuss it here.

If accuracy was a think for spells they would lose their advantage over attacks, attacks have better leech options, scaling options while spells don't have to worry about accuracy or weapon damage and can focus on +levels, but they have worst leech options and less ways to scale damage from gear.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I briefly perused a few posts in this topic. Honestly, I don't see the big deal about legacies. In a race, or a league where positioning matters for some reason, then yes I can see a legacy item being a potentially unfair advantage. But legacies don't drop so they're not a real risk to be considering. Because in standard, getting to level 100 doesn't mean a whole lot; you're not going to be first, or win any prizes. Theres no real reason to care about legacies in standard. Just like theres no real reason to care that standard is the garbage chute everything ends up in.

The simplest answer is if you don't like standard just avoid it. Play the beta, or play the new leagues as they come out. You're not going to fix standard to your liking without stepping on toes of people that like their legacies. And honestly, what does it matter? The old boys club keeps getting new legacies added (as GGG tweaks things), and league only drops which until recently were entirely exclusive (Zana's map mod being the only way to get said drops now, which is pretty unreliable).

I'll give Scrotie's intial argument one point, if it needed to be fixed, it should have been fixed the first time. I think legacies as a concept was not that great of an idea. But since legacies are the rule, theres not a whole lot that can or should be done about it now.
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
I briefly perused a few posts in this topic. Honestly, I don't see the big deal about legacies. In a race, or a league where positioning matters for some reason, then yes I can see a legacy item being a potentially unfair advantage. But legacies don't drop so they're not a real risk to be considering. Because in standard, getting to level 100 doesn't mean a whole lot; you're not going to be first, or win any prizes. Theres no real reason to care about legacies in standard. Just like theres no real reason to care that standard is the garbage chute everything ends up in.

The simplest answer is if you don't like standard just avoid it. Play the beta, or play the new leagues as they come out. You're not going to fix standard to your liking without stepping on toes of people that like their legacies. And honestly, what does it matter? The old boys club keeps getting new legacies added (as GGG tweaks things), and league only drops which until recently were entirely exclusive (Zana's map mod being the only way to get said drops now, which is pretty unreliable).

I'll give Scrotie's intial argument one point, if it needed to be fixed, it should have been fixed the first time. I think legacies as a concept was not that great of an idea. But since legacies are the rule, theres not a whole lot that can or should be done about it now.

I agree that people who have problems with legacies can just play temp leagues. And if they want a league where they build up their character for longer than 3-4 months, they can grind for currency to buy the legacy item they want.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
+1 agree lecacy=useless
"
Graklak wrote:
+1 agree lecacy=useless
+1 agree complaining about lecacy=useless
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Graklak wrote:
+1 agree lecacy=useless

If there is a lesson to be learned here (and the mjolner thread) its that even after pages and pages of "discussion" no one is reaching any new points that the devs haven't already thought of.

FeelsBadMan

"
Entropher wrote:

I agree that people who have problems with legacies can just play temp leagues. And if they want a league where they build up their character for longer than 3-4 months, they can grind for currency to buy the legacy item they want.

Temp leagues are way to short, the last about 6 weeks in HC and it starts to become ghost towns. After 2 months there are very little playing. Trading at the 2 month mark suck very bad, then it ends for 1-4 months.... where to go with all that down time? Standrd is trash, do a 1 month league? Where is a permanent league? Standard needs to go to a legacy league.

And getting legacy items as a hardcore player is a joke. Some legacy items have not been listed for years... gone dry. fuck legacy items.
Legacy items are BS
"
Soulsniper wrote:
"
Entropher wrote:

Temp leagues are way to short, the last about 6 weeks in HC and it starts to become ghost towns. After 2 months there are very little playing. Trading at the 2 month mark suck very bad, then it ends for 1-4 months.... where to go with all that down time? Standrd is trash, do a 1 month league? Where is a permanent league? Standard needs to go to a legacy league.

And getting legacy items as a hardcore player is a joke. Some legacy items have not been listed for years... gone dry. fuck legacy items.

Unless you are doing PvP how do other people having legacy items affect you personally?

They don't, you for some reason hate them, play the game LIKE THEY DONT EXISTS, BAM PROBLEM FIXED.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Graklak wrote:
+1 agree lecacy=useless
If there is a lesson to be learned here (and the mjolner thread) its that even after pages and pages of "discussion" no one is reaching any new points that the devs haven't already thought of.
I think I had at least two new, never-before-written points in the OP. And maybe one or two throughtout this thread. Perhaps a dozen thoughtful, original points throughout the entire thirtysome pages, which is a very high trash-to-treasure ratio. So for the most part, yes, people seem too stubborn to have their opinions shifted, and feel compelled to post anyway. Of course, I believe logic is on my side, but apparently everyone does, so it all boils down to a whole bunch of "you're wrong," "no, you're wrong" type of stuff.

Still not closing the thread though. Feel free to bump, and if I get inspired and come up with something original, I'll post it so my unrelenting opposition can continue to come up with any conceivable rationalization to convince themselves I'm not right.

The sad thing is that I used to be a legacy item defender. Sort of. I pretty much was of the Real_Wolf school of "can't change it, so suck it up." That's why I made the OP, because I realized that one argument was countered by the "car doesn't go in reverse" argument. But that was 33 pages ago. But I digress; the point is that minds can be changed, yet don't.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 4, 2015, 3:45:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info