I cried a little...

"
Malone wrote:

Unfortunately, those who experimented terrible desynch have often bad latency ( or unstable), so they won't be able to play with lockstep.

Or anyone playing cyclone? Ping has been fine during desync with cyclone as main attack, its being in different position then what the client is rendering to the player that resulted in the issues. Cycloning around a sharp corner could end up in the server forcing you back as if you cycloned into the corner and not around it due to the inaccuracy of the prediction and client side actions. I think mostly anyone who played melee with that skill had experienced desync quite often, regardless of ping.
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 So GGG just brought PoE up to the QoP level of D3 or any other always online game that has no or low desync. While we all want no desync here and GGG appears to have finally crossed that ocean of a problem, this is not a time to stand up and applaud GGG devs for their accomplishment. Rather, it is just the devs finally bringing PoE into the 21st century to be in line with all other online arpgs. Nothing more, nothing less. The real shame on GGG is that they took so long to roll out D.L. (PoE 2.0) when we should of had it in PoE 1.0 and not have had to suffer this long.

Don't think of me as too hard on GGG. I do appreciate all their hard work to bring us D.L. and act 4 and when I actually get to play PoE v2.0 and see how well it works for my physical Internet link to Dallas (or maybe the new Washington DC servers will be lower latency. I'm in SW FL and already have low 40 to 55 ms pings to Dallas) I'll probably open up my wallet to show GGG just how much I enjoy a no/low desync PoE. I just feel that netcode logic to minimize desync is fundamental to all always online games and as such should have been coded in from the beginning.

Speak for yourself, dude. I prefer responsiveness to always being in sync; I'm going to stick with Predictive.

This.

a tiny bit (i cant even notice it) of input lag has never killed me, desync has

lockstep FTW
I dont see any any key!
It hasn't. But it sure annoyed the hell outta me :p
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
It hasn't. But it sure annoyed the hell outta me :p

Id rather be annoyed than dead lol

also I cant even notice the input lag at 45 ping
I dont see any any key!
below 50, the game will be fine with both versions, just makes a difference if you have spikes or generally bad ping.

As long as I don't play hardcore (which I usually don't), I'd rather be dead once a month that annoyed the whole month.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wraeklops wrote:
below 50, the game will be fine with both versions, just makes a difference if you have spikes or generally bad ping.

As long as I don't play hardcore (which I usually don't), I'd rather be dead once a month that annoyed the whole month.

yeah but when you die you lose that whole months progress

I hate losing a high lvl guy
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info