I cried a little...

"
When I read on reddit that they are having a desync fix in the awakening. But is it true? Or was it just some one trying to troll? I know Desync is a engine related problem and very hard maybe even impossible to fix. But This guy in a topic on reddit said there is being worked on a fix for desync, and no one seemed to call him a troll or anything? Is it true? I have no played the beta a lot I maybe played for an hour and didn't really pay attention to the desync, maybe because it wasn't there anymore?

It's true and it just works. It took them long enough but our prayers (and constant rage post) have been answered now. I don't even want to log the normal account i just play beta even though it's all getting erased randomly and without notice. I have a 40-50 ping and i lagged twice since i started beta. Go ahead and cry, i know i did!
It's must be really weird to play without desync, I got used to it...
"
Matshiro wrote:
It's must be really weird to play without desync, I got used to it...

It is weird at first lol
I dont see any any key!
Strangely, I seem to be the only one that wasn't too impressed by the "de sync" fix.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
Strangely, I seem to be the only one that wasn't too impressed by the "de sync" fix.

what are you not impressed about, they basically killed desync for low ping players
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on May 29, 2015, 5:57:56 AM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

what are you not impressed about, they basically killed desync for low ping players

I have 17ms yet the gameplay just doesn't feel as fluid. Also, do you guys all not party with people? Because when I get to town or join pubs hosted in other servers, the game basically become unplayable or extremely unpleasant in lockstep. So right now, predictive mode still seem best for me.
"
Jerle wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

I have 17ms yet the gameplay just doesn't feel as fluid. Also, do you guys all not party with people? Because when I get to town or join pubs hosted in other servers, the game basically become unplayable or extremely unpleasant in lockstep. So right now, predictive mode still seem best for me.

actually I dont party much at all

perhaps thats why its been so smooth for me
I dont see any any key!
 So GGG just brought PoE up to the QoP level of D3 or any other always online game that has no or low desync. While we all want no desync here and GGG appears to have finally crossed that ocean of a problem, this is not a time to stand up and applaud GGG devs for their accomplishment. Rather, it is just the devs finally bringing PoE into the 21st century to be in line with all other online arpgs. Nothing more, nothing less. The real shame on GGG is that they took so long to roll out D.L. (PoE 2.0) when we should of had it in PoE 1.0 and not have had to suffer this long.

Don't think of me as too hard on GGG. I do appreciate all their hard work to bring us D.L. and act 4 and when I actually get to play PoE v2.0 and see how well it works for my physical Internet link to Dallas (or maybe the new Washington DC servers will be lower latency. I'm in SW FL and already have low 40 to 55 ms pings to Dallas) I'll probably open up my wallet to show GGG just how much I enjoy a no/low desync PoE. I just feel that netcode logic to minimize desync is fundamental to all always online games and as such should have been coded in from the beginning.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 So GGG just brought PoE up to the QoP level of D3 or any other always online game that has no or low desync. While we all want no desync here and GGG appears to have finally crossed that ocean of a problem, this is not a time to stand up and applaud GGG devs for their accomplishment. Rather, it is just the devs finally bringing PoE into the 21st century to be in line with all other online arpgs. Nothing more, nothing less. The real shame on GGG is that they took so long to roll out D.L. (PoE 2.0) when we should of had it in PoE 1.0 and not have had to suffer this long.

Don't think of me as too hard on GGG. I do appreciate all their hard work to bring us D.L. and act 4 and when I actually get to play PoE v2.0 and see how well it works for my physical Internet link to Dallas (or maybe the new Washington DC servers will be lower latency. I'm in SW FL and already have low 40 to 55 ms pings to Dallas) I'll probably open up my wallet to show GGG just how much I enjoy a no/low desync PoE. I just feel that netcode logic to minimize desync is fundamental to all always online games and as such should have been coded in from the beginning.

Speak for yourself, dude. I prefer responsiveness to always being in sync; I'm going to stick with Predictive.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Speak for yourself, dude. I prefer responsiveness to always being in sync; I'm going to stick with Predictive.

This.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info