I cried a little...

playing the beta with around 65 ping and lockstep on and its so smooth I cant believe it
I dont see any any key!
I must say that lockstep is really awesome!
I'm playing with 45-50 and it feels great. And this comes from a guy who never really had big desync problems... so i must imagine the feeling for those who had terrible desync!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I must say that lockstep is really awesome!
I'm playing with 45-50 and it feels great. And this comes from a guy who never really had big desync problems... so i must imagine the feeling for those who had terrible desync!

Unfortunately, those who experimented terrible desynch have often bad latency ( or unstable), so they won't be able to play with lockstep.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 26, 2015, 2:31:56 PM
"
DemiDemon wrote:
Would this explain the phenomena I've experienced I wonder....

I'm in New Zealand playing through the Aus gateway and ever since Aus went live my 'base' ping was 80ms - up until about the start of The Awakening beta. Since then my ping won't go below 115ms but is mostly in the 130ms region.

I've tried everything I can think of, called my ISP and hammered the heck out of speedtest.net and can't find an issue anywhere else. It's only PoE's ping that changed overnight. At first I thought it might be due to a smaller pool of available servers as some got tasked to beta play but now, reading this I wonder if this lockstep implementation has anything to do with it?

Anybody know?
Well. After the server close for server-side patch today I'm back to ~80ms pings for the first time in a month or more. Might have been something to do with the issues GGG had with people being routed to wrong servers?

I'm just pleased it's fixed but would appreciate getting my 90% of the way to level 94 back again. Too many lag deaths lately lost it for me.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Is desync actually being fixed ?
I quit the game long ago because of this, but if it's true, I'll be back !
"
Brainy wrote:
Is desync actually being fixed ?
I quit the game long ago because of this, but if it's true, I'll be back !

Indeed it is.

For now,on beta test servers though.
Bye bye desync!
"
When I read on reddit that they are having a desync fix in the awakening. But is it true? Or was it just some one trying to troll? I know Desync is a engine related problem and very hard maybe even impossible to fix. But This guy in a topic on reddit said there is being worked on a fix for desync, and no one seemed to call him a troll or anything? Is it true? I have no played the beta a lot I maybe played for an hour and didn't really pay attention to the desync, maybe because it wasn't there anymore?

Hmm... my reaction to GGG announcing D.L. and the end of desync (if you have low enough latency) was "well it's about damn time!" and "so why the H wasn't this implemented in PoE 1.0!". Playing PoE 1.x was fun and a huge frustration all at the same time. The 1 month Flashback league is especially desync frustrating with the increased mob variety (which is great) but it comes with the added cost (150% added desync maybe) of more new and improved desync. Creatures are appearing to teleport more often (and no they do not have that mod), they rubberband more often, my LeapSlam will fail to change direction in these multi-varied mobs more often and be very syrupy (I have 48% move speed), etc, etc, etc. With such opposite emotions in force when I play PoE it drives me crazy sometimes and I'll be very happy to never have to deal with this flaw.

Goodbye desync and "go to bed little huge nightmare!". GGG can relabel PoE 1.x "The Desync Domain of Dominus".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 28, 2015, 8:49:37 AM
Shrug. I'm going to keep playing on Predictive.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
dont get your hopes up.

You need a low ping and a stable connection.

Too much lag makes lockstep worse than Predictive.

"
dont get your hopes up.

You need a low ping and a stable connection.

Too much lag makes lockstep worse than Predictive.

You want ggg to give you a decent connection too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info