New Unique Item: Heartbound Loop

"
Erak wrote:
I have said this before and i`ll say it again. Stop implementing tons of crap into the game! Unless this ring has some unseen crazy good mechanics, it is junk. I`d rather have 1 good and usable unique instead of 20 useless. Last patch pissed me off because of this. I know it was a pvp patch, but still. Why would supporter design this?

What you're saying boils down to "Stop introducing niche items that I will never use."
That is Lagruell's item. Lagruell paid GGG $1000 for the right to design that item, and you have no right to complain about it.

I myself would also probably never use it, but thematically I think it's awesome!
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
just remove this ring, really
Challenge accepted,i love how you call this a thrash ring when its op as fk.

Narrow minds,just dont want to see you using the build this thing is intented,ill call out on this post to dictate your flawed narrow minds.

Gg to maker,dont know how you managed passing that into game xD
Bye bye desync!
"
Flisky wrote:
"
Erak wrote:
I have said this before and i`ll say it again. Stop implementing tons of crap into the game! Unless this ring has some unseen crazy good mechanics, it is junk. I`d rather have 1 good and usable unique instead of 20 useless. Last patch pissed me off because of this. I know it was a pvp patch, but still. Why would supporter design this?

What you're saying boils down to "Stop introducing niche items that I will never use."
That is Lagruell's item. Lagruell paid GGG $1000 for the right to design that item, and you have no right to complain about it.

I myself would also probably never use it, but thematically I think it's awesome!

Not only that, but there is a thing called "contrast" and its really important when it comes to the integrity of games. If everything was always awesome... nothing would be awesome. There would be no contrast to compare the good stuff too and there would be little point to the player to try to find good items. If anyone is going to come out and start complaining about anything in any game while there is also plenty of good items... they simply have no idea what they are talking about.

Now to focus on the item itself... I think its awesome. I was actually hoping for a summoner keystone that was like this. Your minions would get buffed but their buffed abilities would make them directly connected to your life.

KeyStone Name: Flailing Connection
KeyStone Ability: Your Minions gain 15% more life. Your minions damage is 5% less. Each time one of your minions die you loss 1/3 of your life.
IGN JimansNotSummoner
Interesting ring. I do agree it is for golem and not for summoner build. But still you can do a lot of fun build. So how to go crazy with fun and mitigate the 350 damage?

1. Use arctic amrmor to absorb the physical damage.
2. Use SRS, maligaro's lens and necromantic aegis to recover 2% life when minion dies.
3. Setup CWDT and the self-damage hits, u cast for free.
Neat.
meehh
People dont realize the potential of the item.

Its a niche item with some cool sinergies. Seems fine to me.

You can use it to CwDT spells using Scolds and SRS.

You can use it to have a greater uptime on skeletons.

To me it sounds like a decent design, its not boring like most of top tier uniques
I'm testing summoner right now and i have a lot of fun doing so. I'm lv 70 with terrible gear obviously and it's an interesting build to play with, they are plenty of stuff and variety for the build, and running around with an army of minion give a great feeling.

Btw i sure could find great use for this ring, not everyone is running around with a cookie cutter build, not every new item should be designed for those either, even though the ring would be great even for those imo.
Last edited by Halagaz on May 6, 2015, 1:11:11 AM
Even if you remove "350 physical damage taken on minion death" I have better-in-slot rings.
Rings is where a summoner gets his resists. AoE and mana regen are the biggest buffs of this ring and even with 4 Evangelists I cannot see this being better than a rare ring or Shavronne's Revelation/Lori's Lantern.

Using the 350 damage taken to cast spells with CwDT seems risky or not worth it.
You either risk dying very quickly by getting lots of spells cast or you hardly get any spells cast at all.

Yet another possible leveling unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info