New Unique Item: Heartbound Loop

At first, I bashed the ring but after giving it some thought, I think it has potential to become the RF equivalent of summoner builds. Here's a rough build idea I came up with, don't ask me why. Someone could dare to test it in beta:

Spoiler
4L: CWDT lvl 1 - Summon Skeletons - Desecrate - Detonate Dead
3L: CWDT lvl 5 - Temporal Chains/Enfeeble/Flammability - Enduring Cry
4L: CWDT lvl 16 - Molten Shell - Enduring Cry - Increased Duration (or manual cast)
4L: Reduced Mana - Determination - Vitality - Hatred (lower mana reserves in beta)
3L: Spell Totem - Summon Skeletons - Faster Casting

5L/6L Raise Zombie - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Phys Dmg - Minion Life - Culling Strike
Or if the skeleton deaths aren't triggering enough, go SRS instead of zombies.

Required Items:
Mon'tregul's Grasp
Maligaro's Lens
This ring (Heartbound Loop)
Shaper's Seed amulet (beta)

Everything else AR/ES rares with life/resists. Add +1 to skeletons/zombies from crafting.

Minion passive tree with 500+ life regen when used with amulet
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZfRjsimvbCPTAVGpDTLMEB4PbVcY6WKyY99fMvEQEEJdNuYVgqsSboY9Gpwi4k-vumuBFnVNSKPqCx9P7E2wGSWqsWpGoffnoQYe3Pv4K2L3GrhynDF9TpVfJDXzqurQMRnGwd0e3hgJV1TLRRUeIQKaskDPZCyqY-oDAZgSzogDwH2jyNZK86pMnHNzJPb-X8h4dFPrSFm_jaiSqNukXL2TnVdaApOGIHar-SXwOp1VboGaewBoaOJBVJy9I52h02mKUoEPI
"
Zaanus wrote:
If I was the supporter, I'd be pretty disappointed in this ring.

Well, the supporter chose the ring to have those stats, as far as I can tell. Or is that not how this works?
I think this ring was designed back in the good old days of Burning Miscreations wrecking everything.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Spoiler
From what I understand, the energy shield ring is generally regarded as pretty meh.

That life per second is really, really low, such to be virtually useless. just 1% life regen from a measly 1200 hp will give you that. If you're using this ring, you've got at least that much.

Mana recovery is usually not an issue with summoners either, with special exceptions to the spam-summons, like raging spirits, which the draw back mod denies the opportunity for.

minion skills have 10% increased AoE. On paper this seems good...but what are the potential AoEs? Melee splash has 14 radius, and 10% of that is 1.4, which is rounded down (even if the algorithm didn't always round down). That's a +1 to the AoE radius. That is nothing. What about minion instability? Well, it has potential...if the minions actually "use" the ability, which I believe was fixed so that they don't. This has some decent applications with the specter shield...but you increase the range at which the enemies can be and still hit you.
So, that's 4 of the 5 mods (including the implicit) that are basically dead weight.

350 damage taken on minion death - basically means that this is completely out of the question for low level, especially summoners.
It might be half decent for mid-game, when you aren't completely resistance starved, and the modifiers it has aren't completely eclipsed by everything else you would have from the passive tree alone. 15% minion life could help the early-mid level summons to survive a hit or 2. You probably haven't allocated that much to minion life at quite the point, thus making this a relatively decent ring if you have nothing else.
Late game, this offers absolutely nothing. You'd have completely eclipsed the power level of that one modifier (minion life) that is half-decent, and you really need resistances and life. This offers none. Simple as that.
Ahh another crap unique item, the trend does not end. Uniques will remain crappy and will be worth 1 chaos tops.... thats 99% of the uniques....

I can craft better with 10 alterations + 10 augmentations + Regal + Mastercrafting all day long.

GGG. Uniques sucks, stop nerfing them and start improving uniques. L2p...

Why even bother announcing crap like this? I find rares on normal better then this ring... 2x / 3 x Resistances + Life + phys + ele dmg + whatever floats ur boat..

I'm starting to wonder if GGG actually have employes that is aware of how crap all the unique items are? I would assume that GGG have people that can test crap and good items?

I give up.... Let the supporters help you create crap that will sell for 1 chaos...

We need uniques and divination cards that people want to aim for, not shitty items that no one will care for.. simple as that..

Even make drops so crazy that the drop rate is even lower than mirror of kalandra for all I care.

Atleast then people will have a goal....
Last edited by prilletime on May 6, 2015, 7:31:32 PM
"
did you just compare that ring to shavs and kaom's? really? WOW.

first of all, those 2 items actually have insane bonuses that are WORTH equipping them for.
15% increased life and 10% inc. radius aren't worth it, at all.
second, being susceptible to ele status effects has nothing to d

The entire premise or your comment is based on the assumption that im placing this item on par with a Shavs or Koams. Which is clearly not the case

I'm not comparing the actual strength of the items.And Im not saying this is some GG item that everyone is overlooking. My point is that you cant claim an item is un-useable because there are downsides. Most unique in PoE have a downside that you need to build around.
Last edited by Tyoll on May 6, 2015, 7:48:24 PM
Well, it ain't Shavs but I would like to have one for a summoner.
Censored.
I wonder if this was an attempt to create a unique even worse than veil of the night.
Want!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info