Tone down Heralds effects

I would really appreciate it if you could rework the Herald effects or at least give players the ability to turn them off. The Heralds significantly reduced the amount of fun I can have with PoE because they turn every single spec into the same messy clusterfuck. This takes away any unique appeal builds have. At least from a visual standpoint.

No matter what attack based spec I run, I will want to run HoA for maximum efficiency. The old auras didnt do this. Haste wasnt noticeable on the screen, neither were Hatred, Anger or Wrath. Heralds just turn the game into an utter mess. Maybe its intentional because a lot of skills lack weight and by flooding the screen with effects youre trying to distract from that fact. But please, at least provide the option to turn off these obnoxious effects. Youre basically running around with two giant snowballs as gloves.
Last edited by nynyny on May 1, 2015, 6:14:12 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2016, 6:26:33 PM
"
nynyny wrote:
I would really appreciate it if you could rework the Herald effects or at least give players the ability to turn them off. The Heralds significantly reduced the amount of fun I can have with PoE because they turn every single spec into the same messy clusterfuck. This takes away any unique appeal builds have. At least from a visual standpoint.

Agreed.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
To add to this: the original auras were reworked because they were too obnoxious. I dont get why the Heralds take even more of the screen than the old auras did.
I totally agree with that and it also cover part of the weapon's cosmetics so it's bad from this point of view also...

Does I have to create a topic about tempest shield ?
You want full block you need it but it cover your shield and blind you also...
So ? I'll not buy a "badge of anguish" for instance because it'll be covered by tempest shield.
... nothing
I agree with all of the above. The heralds are on par with the old disco ball aura affects, way too garish IMO. As was mentioned not only do they overpower the weapons and cosmetics they might have but also clips through shields quite badly.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
+1 Agree.
+1 for sure

I shudder when I have to use a herald, I know its just visual but... I cant help it, Im a visual sort of guy, HoA is so bad that Im honestly glad I dont rate it as an aura because if I did, Im not sure I could bring myself to use it in endgame purely based on how it looks.

If you want that look, cool, but I feel its so over the top, its like the angel wings etc, if you like the wings then ur free to buy them and run around like a crazy fairy. I couldnt play a character using those, if a skill gave me the yellow wings, it could be the most op skill in the game I would refuse to ever use it. I feel like anything that over the top looking should be an optional mtx.

I would kill for an option to turn them off or for the current effects to be offered as cheap mtx and a new effect, or just no effect at all be used. Id rather just another little thing at my feet if it had to be something. Ive had this convo with my guild mates and they feel the same way, we skin transfer up our chars then turn on heralds... rip, now we look like shit again with stuff poking through shields and massive balls around our hands. Its not bad art, dont get me wrong, the wings are not bad art either but not everyone wants that level of madness on their character.
Iv tried toning them back 3 times now haha. They look good by themselves (me thinks atleast) but damn... When stacked *blegh*. Iv been trying to think of how I can change them. I wish we could have them faze slowly out and in with each other. We dont really have a way of doing that though : /. When I created them I was told most people would use 1 or maybe 2. Only really niche builds would use 3. Well that turned out mega wrong and now im face palming whenever I see them all together everywhere. If I wasn't so busy with act 4 stuff I would take a look at it. We are just too bogged down at the moment : <

Is it the hand effect or the effect when hitting things you dont like?

Im worried this is going to turn into another aura thing where people will send me threats if I change it haha.ha.. ahhhhh....

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I agree completely that the heralds are ugly as hell and ruin any attempt to make a functional and subtle looking character.

Not only that but they make your other mtx impossible to see and appreciate.

here are some other ideas instead of huge fireballs or snowballs on your hands.

- a small transparent symbol above your character's head, lower than shrine ones

- an on hit effect of red, white or blue runes flying out from the target

- a little circle on the feet just like auras. Different from anger/wrath/hatred by making it smaller and a jagged line instead of smooth circle.
Hardcore
"
Russell wrote:
Iv tried toning them back 3 times now haha. They look good by themselves (me thinks atleast) but damn... When stacked *blegh*. Iv been trying to think of how I can change them. I wish we could have them faze slowly out and in with each other. We dont really have a way of doing that though : /. When I created them I was told most people would use 1 or maybe 2. Only really niche builds would use 3. Well that turned out mega wrong and now im face palming whenever I see them all together everywhere. If I wasn't so busy with act 4 stuff I would take a look at it. We are just too bogged down at the moment : <

Is it the hand effect or the effect when hitting things you dont like?

Im worried this is going to turn into another aura thing where people will send me threats if I change it haha.ha.. ahhhhh....

Isn't your phasing approach the exact correct one?

You would have to have some sort of way for the effects themselves to phase through whatever trickery you can muster

Thunder: x x x X X X x x x
Fire: X X X x x x x x x
Ice: x x x x x x X X X

If you can somehow code the start time that is...

Else I guess you have to have hands dim and brighten at different rates

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info