SFL league poll

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
"
Druga1757 wrote:
The currency to access the all Zana map mods require wealth that again is extremely difficult to obtain self-found. There's no exalt recipe after all.

Master crafting prices require trading - if you don't get an exalt from a drop, there's no way to buy those mods.

but they do drop, eventually. also, the only zana mod that costs an actual exalt is nemesis. and farming for leather belts probably takes longer than it takes for an exalt to drop.

for master crafting, again, only elreon costs pure exalts. and again, you can, with farming enough, get there eventually

Zana Nemesis is 1 ex, Torment is 2 ex, Bloodlines is 3 ex according to wiki (I don't have access to the game atm to verify it ingame).

Master meta-crafting mods vary from 2-5 ex, 2 eternals, 2-5 blessed. If one has equivalent, but not exact currency, they can't buy the mods. In a trade league, you can obviously trade your equivalent currency to get the exact currency you need to buy the mod. Or, you can pay someone a crafting fee to do the mod craft for you if you don't have the right master levels. Again, not possible when you play self-found.

youre not going to use the suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed thing unless youre et/exing stuff. youre at most gonna be using lvl 8 elreon, for a weapon that carries you throught all content. 2 ex arent harder to drop than such a weapon, really. the cata mod might be the only thing that is a slight problem in my eyes, but that doesnt matter when youre attack based.
nemesis is something i used twice (im not selffound), and it just has no use except for hh or just fun. bloodlines/torment are currently 3 ex, and will brought down to 4c in the case of bloodlines, when the new challenge leagues begin.
"
"
Druga1757 wrote:

Zana Nemesis is 1 ex, Torment is 2 ex, Bloodlines is 3 ex according to wiki (I don't have access to the game atm to verify it ingame).

Master meta-crafting mods vary from 2-5 ex, 2 eternals, 2-5 blessed. If one has equivalent, but not exact currency, they can't buy the mods. In a trade league, you can obviously trade your equivalent currency to get the exact currency you need to buy the mod. Or, you can pay someone a crafting fee to do the mod craft for you if you don't have the right master levels. Again, not possible when you play self-found.

youre not going to use the suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed thing unless youre et/exing stuff. youre at most gonna be using lvl 8 elreon, for a weapon that carries you throught all content. 2 ex arent harder to drop than such a weapon, really. the cata mod might be the only thing that is a slight problem in my eyes, but that doesnt matter when youre attack based.
nemesis is something i used twice (im not selffound), and it just has no use except for hh or just fun. bloodlines/torment are currently 3 ex, and will brought down to 4c in the case of bloodlines, when the new challenge leagues begin.

You brought up that you can get league specific uniques by using the Zana mods, so what does it matter how often you use certain map mods? For a person looking to find a particular unique self found, that is their only option.

Again you brought up that only Elreon cost pure exalts, when they factually don't.

Suffix/prefixes cannot be changed is ESPECIALLY valuable to a self-found player as it lets them target upgrades. Again, it's about upgrading self found, not trading, not trying to craft 6 T1 stat items. In a self found league, that mod would be extremely helpful for a self founding aiming for late game upgrades.

Ex doesn't drop, eventually. One could play an entire 4 month league without an ex drop. Trade affords a way to obtain it when rng screws you. A self-founder doesn't have that option in a trade league, hence, a self found league could afford them that option (npc currency trader?). Or a self found league has prices that are obtainable with currency recipes instead. Again, another instance where a self found league would afford more options to upgrade than one gets playing self found in a trade league.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yes, I agree or disagree.

Stupid poll.

SFL doesn't need to exist. We play SF just fine in the regular leagues.

What these players typically want is an "easy mode" that doesn't involve trading. No to that.

They'd naturally have to up the drop rates for SF to be a viable league. But it doesn't have to be a gimmie. All they'd have to do is have higher IIR and IIQ mods on gear.

Or they could enable players to go self found in existing leagues and be locked into their choices. But receive a boost to IIR and IIQ, maybe 100 of each. Gear found in self found mode could be flagged as such, meaning you can't use gear in your stash that a non-SF character put in there to cheat the system. Likewise a non SF character can't use gear from SF. WoW did something similar with "soul bound" equipment to keep the community from capitalizing on and hording drops, rolling for stuff they don't need but plan on selling, etc.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 17, 2015, 2:31:51 PM
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
"
Druga1757 wrote:

You brought up that you can get league specific uniques by using the Zana mods, so what does it matter how often you use certain map mods? For a person looking to find a particular unique self found, that is their only option.

Again you brought up that only Elreon cost pure exalts, when they factually don't.

Suffix/prefixes cannot be changed is ESPECIALLY valuable to a self-found player as it lets them target upgrades. Again, it's about upgrading self found, not trading, not trying to craft 6 T1 stat items. In a self found league, that mod would be extremely helpful for a self founding aiming for late game upgrades.

Ex doesn't drop, eventually. One could play an entire 4 month league without an ex drop. Trade affords a way to obtain it when rng screws you. A self-founder doesn't have that option in a trade league, hence, a self found league could afford them that option (npc currency trader?). Or a self found league has prices that are obtainable with currency recipes instead. Again, another instance where a self found league would afford more options to upgrade than one gets playing self found in a trade league.

i think you still didnt get the fucking point, selffound IS just relying on rng. thats the point of selffound/this game
"
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"

i think you still didnt get the fucking point, selffound IS just relying on rng. thats the point of selffound/this game

No, you aren't getting the point. Self found is about upgrading with one's own drops. rng is the delivery method, so to speak, of how one gets drops. In a trade league, one trades to bypass that rng. Or master crafts. Or orb crafts. Many parallel options to bypass rng. Self found in a trade league doesn't have those many parallel options. A separate, self found league would allow for parallel options to bypass rng.

"
Druga1757 wrote:

No, you aren't getting the point. Self found is about upgrading with one's own drops. rng is the delivery method, so to speak, of how one gets drops. In a trade league, one trades to bypass that rng. Or master crafts. Or orb crafts. Many parallel options to bypass rng. Self found in a trade league doesn't have those many parallel options. A separate, self found league would allow for parallel options to bypass rng.

how exactly are master crafts or orb crafts bypassing rng? you still have to find items to sell for ex if you dont find your orbs yourself, when tradin.
"
"
Druga1757 wrote:

how exactly are master crafts or orb crafts bypassing rng? you still have to find items to sell for ex if you dont find your orbs yourself, when tradin.

I'm referring to the rng of drops that one can use as an upgrade. A trader can trade a "not-an-upgrade" drop for currency to buy an upgrade or use the currency directly to mod, or use it to master craft/multi-mod specific stats. That's what I mean by bypassing rng.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
A trader can trade a "not-an-upgrade" drop for currency
Not really. It's not "not-an-upgrade," it's an upgrade for someone else. Trading doesn't upgrade you unless you upgrade others. Your language suggests an over-glamourization of trading wherein junk sells; it doesn't.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 17, 2015, 8:45:49 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
Not really. It's not "not-an-upgrade," it's an upgrade for someone else. Trading doesn't upgrade you unless you upgrade others. Your language suggests an over-glamourization of trading wherein junk sells; it doesn't.

If nothing sells, there wouldn't be a trade market. Stuff does sell. Leveling uniques. Mid-end game uniques. tri-resist gear. weapons. high ilvl bases for crafting. The biggest one is currency. Currency is constantly be traded.

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

If nothing sells, there wouldn't be a trade market. Stuff does sell. Leveling uniques. Mid-end game uniques. tri-resist gear. weapons. high ilvl bases for crafting. The biggest one is currency. Currency is constantly be traded.

Scrotie's post imply's you first have to find an upgrade for somebody else before you can partake in the act of trading.

The item in question is irrelevant, as long as it is perceived as a step forward by the second party you are trading with.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info