SFL league poll

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
When i find something, I think "Cool, I'm going to make a character that uses that!". Some people must like to say "meh, another incremental upgrade".

Incremental upgrades would be alright actually. Finding your 37th crown of thorns in a 78 map however, is not.

i found 1 crown of thorns and 2 lightning coils the last few weeks. coil confirmed new cot :^)

ontopic, i think there arent enought people that play selffound AND care about an own league to not make a sfl underpopulated. (those only playing casually and selffound for a few hours weekly generally dont care about leagues/economies)
also, would you really like to restart a selffound environment in a new league thats not a challenge league?
SFL? Why not just create a single player mode and be done with it...
"

I wouldn't be against that
I dont see any any key!
"
mark1030 wrote:
So tell me, what would smart loot give to a duelist? Armour? Evasion? Strength mod? Dexterity mod? Bows? Axes? Maces? Swords? Daggers? How do you program a game to rad somebody's mind and determine what they need? Should it look at all your gear, look at your passives, look at your skill gems, look at your resists, look at your dex/str/int, etc, all to detrmine what it thinks you want? So even if you can program the game to give you drops that bolster your lowest stats or resists, what happens to everybody who wants to make another character? If magic finder happens to happens to be a witch and happens to use spells, does that mean you are doomed if you want to make your next character a melee marauder?

Smart loot sucks and would never work in this game.

The way I'd do it is based on notables and keystones in the passive tree. If you pick life nodes, gear would have a higher change to roll life. not all gear, just a higher chance. Same goes for ar/ev/es, weapon type, etc. It's not to make the gear exclusive to one type of build, it's to weigh the drops towards the build you're playing. There's still a chance to drop any type of loot, any type of unique.

And if you're in merciless, rares would stop rolling with the lowest tiers of mods.

"
miljan wrote:

Man, its not that hard. Every passive will have a stat that adds magic find for that passive. If you take a passive with lets say two hand dmg melee, it will add small percent of lets say +8% chance to drop two handed melee items. And that is the basic on what you can make it work for the whole passive tree.

What happens to everybody who wants to make another character? What question is that? You make that character and you know what? When you play him you will get your items. Yes mind blowing, you can play a character you want and get items for him. So as you see it can work without problem and not suck at all. Not even gonna talk that you can still get items for other classes depending from numbers and balance you make, so they can drop more or less often.

Yep, miljan, you've already said it, weighted drops based on passive tree.

"

i found 1 crown of thorns and 2 lightning coils the last few weeks. coil confirmed new cot :^)

ontopic, i think there arent enought people that play selffound AND care about an own league to not make a sfl underpopulated. (those only playing casually and selffound for a few hours weekly generally dont care about leagues/economies)
also, would you really like to restart a selffound environment in a new league thats not a challenge league?

There were two 100+ page threads? asking for a SFL. I think those that want a SFL would easily populate one. Definitely more than those that pvp.

Yes, starting in a SFL is exactly the point - progressing with self found drops. The whole progression, fighting a hard group of mobs or a boss and getting that great upgrade - it's the best feeling.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jun 15, 2015, 12:02:15 PM
I just want to point out that, although I support looking into "smart loot" systems, I don't think "man, it's not so hard." I think mark's questions are good ones (if he didn't mean them ironically). Designing a good system for it should be viewed as an ambitious task whose difficulty is not to be underestimated. I sincerely doubt a proper implementation would be as easy as just weighting passives.

And I should point out: smart loot isn't a system which helps everyone equally. There's always some oddballs wanting something counterintuitive. However, the real standard is the aggregate experience. If good item drops go from, say, 20% keepable and 80% tradeable, to 40% keepable and 60% tradeable, that's a smart loot system which is helping out.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 15, 2015, 12:46:49 PM
"

not enough. they don't just want their own non-trading league. they want their hand held with increased drop rates, or even more ridiculous, catered drops to their specific build through some magical smart loot system
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
"

not enough. they don't just want their own non-trading league. they want their hand held with increased drop rates, or even more ridiculous, catered drops to their specific build through some magical smart loot system

There is no "they". People want different things for "their" SFL.
"
Druga1757 wrote:

Yes, starting in a SFL is exactly the point - progressing with self found drops. The whole progression, fighting a hard group of mobs or a boss and getting that great upgrade - it's the best feeling.

then all you selffound players calm down, there already was a selffound "league", in a 5 day race. i only know of very few "true" selffound players that actually make it past lvl 90 (to be honest, only theanuhart comes to my mind) selffound. you also forgot that most players dont visit the forum like......ever, so this forum isnt a representative portion of players.
"
you also forgot that most players dont visit the forum like......ever, so this forum isnt a representative portion of players.
The first part is true, but does not establish that the forum population is not a representative sample of the playerbase as a whole. It merely establishes the possibility.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 15, 2015, 1:43:09 PM
Smart loot in PoE?

In a game, where dropped loot (in my 1500-2000 hours experience) doesn't reach possible loot to the knees, smart loot would be a rather stupid idea. I don't just grind to get items for my character, I grind to get items to build around in the future. Items that gives me ideas. Smart loot would kill that.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info