New Found Respect

"
ShankEyes wrote:
They should make a self-found league with the same unique drop chance as D3.

Then everyone would be happy.

I'd pay 1200$ lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I like a low drop rate. It makes the game more challenging.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
I like a low drop rate. It makes the game more challenging.

Challenging? Hahaha that's funny. Trading isn't fucking challenging in my case anyway.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
ShankEyes wrote:

I'd pay 1200$ lol

The problem with that is everyone looks the same after a couple months. GG geared, all playing the exact same most meta OP build and bored too.

It's the small carrots and big stick that keeps people coming back in games like this.

Everyone wants to be able to afford the best but few can. It's the adversity that keeps ppls interest.

Drops are fine SFL. And too good for open trade.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 28, 2015, 11:22:40 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
"
ShankEyes wrote:

I'd pay 1200$ lol

The problem with that is everyone looks the same after a couple months. GG geared, all playing the exact same most meta OP build and bored too.

It's the small carrots and big stick that keeps people coming back in games like this.

Drops are fine SFL. Maybe too good good for open trade.

I don't give a fuck; Fuck d3 terrible ass game despite I have a paragon 1105 too there and a 522 season char there lol

IT'S NOT POE :(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Paragon doesnt mean shit its been buffed so many times from original. Used to take ~20,000 elite kills to get 100 paragons now 2000. Again to appeal to cry babies, like drops raining, who were not making progress.

I quit when they stopped trade @ over 100K elite kills I doubt many played D3 more than I
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AimlovesPOE-1825/career

Yeah PoE rules. That why I cahnged user name haha
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 28, 2015, 11:29:46 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Paragon doesnt mean shit its been buffed so many times from original. Used to take ~20,000 elite kills to get 100 paragons now 2000. Again to appeal to cry babies, like drops raining, who were not making progress.

shit I'd pay fucking 5k if their was a SFL lol WITH GOOD drops.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

shit I'd pay fucking 5k if their was a SFL lol WITH GOOD drops.

You say that now. But as much as you'd play you'd be bored outta your mind in two weeks. Also, nothing would set you apart from the crowd. They'd all have same specs as your sig.
Git R Dun!
I like being a special snow flake sure but I just wanna enjoy my self surprisingly eh? I just want to play the game where I find shit not trade lol

I'm a ruler of trading similar to Axn vent and all of them but it doesn't mean I fucking like doing it. ( or even be rich in every league I enter cuz trading) I wanna find shit not fucking HEY GUY WTB UR SHIT BARGIN BRO LETS GO.

No It's satisfying finding your own gear, The only remote reason why I trade is because it's the best way like you would have to be crippling your self to not do that ( no offense )
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 28, 2015, 11:36:01 AM
"
"

The sheer number of 80+ players though would kind of indicate how achievable it is though.

Yeah, we can only hope that all this "selfefound so haaard" whiners will shut up after many players that are used to trade went up on the ladder so fast without any problems without "OP Trading"

Most high ranked and fast progression players played builds that are almost completely gear independent.

I personally went the opposite way in the 5 day, played a build on a class that had many important gems that needed to be found rather than gotten as quest rewards, with many key gems that were quest rewards being late, a very, extremely, gear dependent build that shines at end game and struggles levelling.

I watched the racers, FBers, FTers fly ahead. I watched streams and ladders. I watched what happened at end game, just as expected, race to end game then not be able to roll maps or cartos.

All those stone hammers not picked up from the ground nor taken from vendors each level. All those quality whites that would vendor for stones and scraps with the 40% recipe. All the quality drops that would make alch recipes and chance recipes. All the trash uniques that would make chance recipes, missed.

Levelling self found is easy depending on the chosen build. Levelling as a Flameblaster or Fire Trapper on a Templar is worlds apart from levelling as, say, a full ele wander on a Scion. Yet both are extremely powerful ranged characters at end game, the latter being more gear dependent still, though.

The thing is, 5 days doesn't show much, just that there is a huge difference in chosen builds and classes for those builds while levelling.

Preparing for the levelling by choosing a certain build will get you to end game quick and with ease. Preparing for end game with recipes and ingredients for recipes while levelling will slow down your pre-mapping levelling but give you a massive hand at end game.

No matter what, though, at end game is where self found game-play is most relevant. That being, what the racers only just began to experience.

A one month+ solo self found race/league would really open people's eyes. 5 days will get you just to the point where things actually matter. People have no idea of the amount of recipes and activities that are required to attempt to progress in end game mapping, especially for those actually racing.

Zana mods are out.
Chisels are rare.
Rolling maps is often a privilege.
Chaos are for buying chisels from Zana.
Scours and alchs are sacred and must be kept for a carto.
Chances are vended for scours.
Every hammer drop needs to become a chisel.
Surplus low level maps and transmutes can be converted into alch shards.
Uniques are reciped into chances.
Chaos recipe is actually something you can't do much, you'll struggle to get 20 chisels from Zana every day.
Regal recipe is similarly difficult to do as you can't spare alchs at will to alch jewellery. In fact you will often substitute an ilvl 75+ item for for a <75 to get a chaos instead of a regal.
Whetstones and scraps are used in recipes and can be in short supply.
A unique drop that might fetch several exalts is better either vended or used in a recipe.
Every single currency item that drops should be picked up. Even portal scrolls are at the bottom of the food chain in vendor exchanges but part of that chain nonetheless.
Under no circumstances is a rare item not picked up for vending, never leave a map to vendor without completely filling your bag and even take a large item out on your cursor each time. While it's not usual that a regular map will drop more rares than 6 portals can take out, a Zana within that map can change things.

There's the deciding whether to farm low content to stock up on currency or whether to yolo with little currency. To use 'carto currency' set aside for rolling a map or to respect it is sacred and cannot be touched unless carto. No decision can be the right decision as good or bad luck will spit in the face of even the hardest trier of efficiency.

All of this would come after the 5 days, for racing flameblasters, for those who hoarded while levelling in preparation and for everyone else, too. There's no escaping the depth and often brutality of self found at end game, well, unless you make the league only 5 days :D
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 28, 2015, 6:14:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info