New Found Respect

"
"
TikoXi wrote:
This league is a gigantic testimony to how incredibly shit PoE's item and currency drop rates are.

I would argue that is more a testament to the fact that the game was designed around being able to trade. Trying to play outside of that is bound to be a bit of a challenge.

The sheer number of 80+ players though would kind of indicate how achievable it is though.

Spoiler

Yeah, because playing Spellcasters are so damn hard to progress with, compared to builds that requires to upgrade their weapons all the time.
Drops in this game are based around trading, really weird they didn't take that into account tbh.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Apr 28, 2015, 2:23:44 AM
Spellcasters being easy to start with is perfectly balanced out by the fact attack based builds can far surpass them in dps.

Obviously, you won't get to see this in a 5 day race though. But the item ceiling is a lot lower for spellcasters, this is both a bonus (short term) and a downside (long term progression).

Nothing bad with that.

I don't see a problem with a top 50 of witches/templars when it's so clearly a tactical pick.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Been trying self found few times before, so this one was nothing that unusual for me. Playing Claw Static Strike Block Duelist. Weapon upgrades are pain but slowly getting there. Would love some Regal drops and always always need more Alchs:)
Quest rewards for Duelist suck, lucky I found 2xReduced mana from (almost)RIP boxes.

Oh and when something drops it is usually the wrong base but sweet stats:)
Spoiler

Also I can not praise this chest enough for Melee, so good, so so good:)
Spoiler

9 levels to 70 although it seems like I will get into Beta anyway:)
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
Boem wrote:
Spellcasters being easy to start with is perfectly balanced out by the fact attack based builds can far surpass them in dps.

Obviously, you won't get to see this in a 5 day race though. But the item ceiling is a lot lower for spellcasters, this is both a bonus (short term) and a downside (long term progression).

Nothing bad with that.

I don't see a problem with a top 50 of witches/templars when it's so clearly a tactical pick.

Peace,

-Boem-

The idea was to show how awful item drops truly are.
Just the fact that the majority reached 80+ as Spellcasters sort of proves that attack-based builds needs a lot of work.
"attack-based builds surpass them later" - But they really don't, they're on pair.

Issue is that Spellcasters have access to ridicolous good vendor recipes, as the +1 to X Elemental Gems on weapons, making progressing a breeze, compared to attack-based builds required to find an upgrade 24/7.
Diversity will never happen if we keep saying only one playstyle is allowed to go through the game without any issue, they should meet the same brickwall as the attack-based builds do.
And that's pointless since were basically playing a legacy of the game at the moment.

Once awaking goes life, there could probably be a new debate about

melee > ranged > spells

but i don't see much use in doing that now, just stating how stuff works in the current version of the game.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
And that's pointless since were basically playing a legacy of the game at the moment.

Once awaking goes life, there could probably be a new debate about

melee > ranged > spells

but i don't see much use in doing that now, just stating how stuff works in the current version of the game.

Peace,

-Boem-

I don't see how this is pointless.
It's a bloody race, wake up. People play it to race against each other for that sweet beta key, and what do they meet? Forced into a generic playstyle if they want a chance.
There's a reason why there's a debate about this, no matter if it gets changed or not, this is still the presence, and there was a reward to the winners.
The same people that are crying for nerfs and don't like trading are commenting here because the can't handle self found.
What a surprise
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
You dont need gear to progress..
melee = get phy and res aura running = win
caster = early castspeed leveling and respec out of it later = win
You can beat the shit out of piety with a blue melee weapon..

Last race i played a melee ranger and it was even faster then the witch to level.
While leveling isnt too much difference, on early maps the gap starts to raise to favour casters.
And droprate isnt that bad, you just need to learn how to use the gear you find and that currency+base in sf means gear.
Also you should not play any build. there are always skills that are better for leveling then others.
Not realy a valid argument, just shows that most are not able to think thru it.
Most of the gear do not have any use for my char - still you can beat lvl70 with it.

yea selffound seems really hard in this game.. :)
Last edited by blackstar on Apr 28, 2015, 3:41:58 AM
Yeah, a typical "error" that traders make, is viewing orbs as "currency", hugging them like bitches. If you play self found, using your orbs may be a good idea.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I've managed to get my favorite build (sweep stunlock mara) to lvl 56 in 12 hrs (slow as hell I know), and I got no problems with either DPS or survivability (got nuked 3 times tho, was too stubborn and careless: it's standard way!)

Resistances were shit at merc as I didn't use any masters (one should, really).

Needed some luck from RNG tho, faster attacks is really a must gem for my build, and I finally found it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info