Genuine Golem Feedback

"
Thejunior wrote:
How I feel about the golems is very mixed, they give nice stat buffs and are an interesting addition to the summoning skills. But that's the point. It's a Summoning skill after all.

I don't like how it will now become mandatory to have a Golem run by you with every single build you had, just like with CWDT ( but that wasn't very visible ). If i play a summoner I like to go all in, i like to have many mobs running around doing my bidding. But if i play a 2-handed killing machine I don't like the Golem running beside me.

Does anyone share my concern / feelings about the golems? The buff-aura it gives is too great to miss so now you'll simply have to have a golem with you for the aura.

How i'd suggest the golems to be changed is NOT to change them at all but give an alternative way to gain equal or ( equal is not the right word ) but an increase in power that didn't require you to have someone running with you at all times.

Yes, totes agree. Having a melee/summoner ish kinda guy is a cool idea as a build to choose, but in its current form it looks like their buff is too good to ignore. Anyone not summoning a golem is missing out on a huge increase in power.
To provide background: I'm sure one of the bums in Lioneye's would be interested in following the über-strong exile around and back him/her up (auras) and pick up some treasure and findings on the way (gear) since they've got .. waistcloth and some linnen wrappings, at most.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Here's my problem with the Golems.

Summoner's cant run them.

The golem buffs afawk only apply to the player, and as every summoner knows, self-buffs are utterly pointless on the player. Sacricing a gemlink for a golem, that only buffs you is really poor efficiency on a summoner, even only one slot isn't usually worth it.

If they buffed minions too, there'd be some interesting tinkering around to be done. But as it stands, they're just a bit of extra damage and meatsheild...and that's just not enough to sacrifice a link for in a typical summoner build.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I actually did think this initially, but they do start dying a little faster. Not sure if it's fast enough that it's a bother, but you will be wasting time constantly summoning them in maps. This is with him being constantly leveled.

In maps, he started to die so frequently, that at times when you actually want him, he's not worth summoning.

would minion life support gem make a difference?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
TikoXi wrote:

The golem buffs afawk only apply to the player, and as every summoner knows, self-buffs are utterly pointless on the player. Sacricing a gemlink for a golem, that only buffs you is really poor efficiency on a summoner, even only one slot isn't usually worth it.

If they buffed minions too, there'd be some interesting tinkering around to be done. But as it stands, they're just a bit of extra damage and meatsheild...and that's just not enough to sacrifice a link for in a typical summoner build.

^ this.
I also think golems should be something special for the summoner builds rather than every other build there is.
"
TikoXi wrote:

They are a nice touch to summoner builds cause they add extra damage and tankiness for them.
It would be nice if their buffs applied to other summons as well though.

@junior: Even after an actual closed beta tester replied to your concerns u are still at it.
Spoiler
Some people just want to complain.
"
Thejunior wrote:
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
If you dont want to have a golem dont use one. They arent game breakingly good and im pretty sure that if you dont spec too much into minion passives, they will die way too easily in higher maps.
In no way they are a must, like cwdt combo used to be...

Also, this is not a genuine golem feedback, no matter how you cut it.

You don't think 20% increased critical strike chance & increased Accuracy for 0 mana reserved and can be summoned at any time is not required for every crit build? ok.

QFT

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
They are a nice touch to summoner builds cause they add extra damage and tankiness for them.

I wouldn't say they are, that's the problem, everyone but pure summoners are going to use this since it doesn't buff minions. A pure summoner might run Chaos Golem for the defensive buff but that means giving up on atleast 1 of your ring slots, which means losing out on Vaal Haste or Vaal Summon Skellies.

Do Golems even help with SRS?
Since that's like the only thing Id consider "casting".
Last edited by RootCookie on Apr 23, 2015, 3:09:53 PM
"
RootCookie wrote:
"
Thejunior wrote:
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
If you dont want to have a golem dont use one. They arent game breakingly good and im pretty sure that if you dont spec too much into minion passives, they will die way too easily in higher maps.
In no way they are a must, like cwdt combo used to be...

Also, this is not a genuine golem feedback, no matter how you cut it.

You don't think 20% increased critical strike chance & increased Accuracy for 0 mana reserved and can be summoned at any time is not required for every crit build? ok.

QFT

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

I wouldn't say they are, that's the problem, everyone but pure summoners are going to use this since it doesn't buff minions. A pure summoner might run Chaos Golem for the defensive buff but that means giving up on atleast 1 of your ring slots, which means losing out on Vaal Haste or Vaal Summon Skellies.

Do Golems even help with SRS?
Since that's like the only thing Id consider "casting".

you contradict yourself with these quotes and your reply.

If you dont understand how you contradict yourself i wont bother.

And still, 20%extra accu isnt THAT much if you ahve to summon a constantly dying golem.

Edit: WOW wait, did you ask if it helps SRS? Does fkin,broken SRS need help with anything? REALLY?
Ok, im done.
Spoiler
@op You will remember how you looked in this thread, when you will have a constantly dying (without supported links) golem at high level/high rolled maps. Im out.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Apr 23, 2015, 4:40:12 PM
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

Then why did you bother posting, because as far as I'm concerned you're the one that's confused.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

you contradict yourself with these quotes and your reply.

And still, 20%extra accu isnt THAT much if you ahve to summon a constantly dying golem.

I think maybe the bombastic language of "Golems being required" or mandatory might be tripping you up. No they're not necessarily mandatory, but their bonus is quite good, so good in fact, that if you and I are of equal skill, and we both cleverly arrange our trees, and you opt not to use a golem, I will far outstrip you in efficiency, survivability, or both.

The problem here isn't one of breaking the game or making something mandatory. It's about conferring an advantage that is simply too good to ignore.

I actually like the bonuses they give. I think they need some work, though.
Last edited by theloveduck on Apr 23, 2015, 3:59:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info