The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

"
Bazookatoot wrote:
So many whinny and privileged people we have around here, it's simply astonishing. Keep up the good work GGG, you guys aren't babysitters so don't worry about the hate.

Whining about the whine, hating about the hate...there is decent people making humble claims, asking questions, giving their opinion...please don't forget them and neither let them be forgiven, a lot of comments just like yours seems to imply not to listen to anything but "hypes" and "coolz" or "GGG is great"
"
FILM wrote:
I feel pretty strange being the recipient of this reward.

There are certainly people who have contributed an accumulated amount to the Grandmaster tier. If I were one of those people I'd feel pretty salty about the whole thing.

I think I would have been more comfortable with upcoming supporter packs that give beta access on fixed dates depending on the tiers. The top tier would be instant access, lowest tier might be two to three weeks or something...

not salty at all. just little sad :(
Last edited by Mahis on Apr 23, 2015, 1:10:12 AM
"
"
DoomMaster wrote:
"
......New players getting in before faithful casuals.....Then pay2win....oh now I have to play the content that I been putting up with for AGES to get a chance at a damn key?!?!? wow im so over this company, like seriously

Doesn't sound like you enjoy the game anyway, so why do you care if you have to wait a few more weeks? I can't believe how much whining some people can produce over not being able to play a game in an incomplete state for a short amount of time. This is simply unbelievable. The game is still free to play, and they are still coming up with fun ways to keep us occupied while we wait for the new content.

I enjoy the game very dearly...But I have been waiting on new content for way too long. And when they do make it they basically give everyone else the finger. I have poured countless hours into the game but since im not a streamer or wave my wallet at them I don't get access.

Those people they're giving earlier access to are the biggest reason there is an expansion. Pouring countless hours into the game doesn't pay the bills and allow them to add additional content - donations do. What's wrong with the people who are responsible for enabling GGG to add more content being given an earlier preview of it?

GGG is the most ethical company I've ever found about how they treat the game and its cash/free-to-play angle - and I've played just about everything out there. Compared to EVERY OTHER f2p game I've ever played, PoE makes things the most fair and even for free players. You can't purchase xp boosts, gear, attribute bonuses, upgrades, functional followers, or any of the myriad other systems other games use. Giving a handful of their biggest supporters early access to a closed beta that doesn't affect the live balance of the game seems like an inconsequentially small benefit. As it is, I'm amazed the game can provide the kind of constant content additions that it does without selling more meaningful in-game benefits for cash. Criticizing them in any way on this topic seems positively asinine.
rip all those people, myself included, who bought points worth 300-400 dollars since closed beta, who aren't properly publicly recognized. (or by ggg)
5 day event sounds fun. I won't win anything, but should take my mind off the beta. Self-found sounds interesting.
"
Finnien wrote:

Those people they're giving earlier access to are the biggest reason there is an expansion. Pouring countless hours into the game doesn't pay the bills and allow them to add additional content - donations do. What's wrong with the people who are responsible for enabling GGG to add more content being given an earlier preview of it?

GGG is the most ethical company I've ever found about how they treat the game and its cash/free-to-play angle - and I've played just about everything out there. Compared to EVERY OTHER f2p game I've ever played, PoE makes things the most fair and even for free players. You can't purchase xp boosts, gear, attribute bonuses, upgrades, functional followers, or any of the myriad other systems other games use. Giving a handful of their biggest supporters early access to a closed beta that doesn't affect the live balance of the game seems like an inconsequentially small benefit. As it is, I'm amazed the game can provide the kind of constant content additions that it does without selling more meaningful in-game benefits for cash. Criticizing them in any way on this topic seems positively asinine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All of this. I'm sure GGG are attempting/have found ways to reward the continuing supporters as well as the top tier. There is nothing wrong with rewarding the supporters.
Edit- Also a self-found event sounds great. Screw finals week.
Last edited by DoomMaster on Apr 23, 2015, 1:17:19 AM
Woot no more waiting for timer.
Thank GGG
Bah Guild Thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1373487
Im a little sad because unfortunately im not rich and still i support everytime i can, didnt bought many supporter packs but still bought some points from time to time.
On the other side i understand GGG stance, this is a business and i appreciate all those big contributors for helping the game live on, i hope they enjoy the beta, ill be happy to play it on release still.
IGN - Slayonara
It's nice that more people get in.

Still not me :(

"
Nosebleed wrote:
How about them Closed Beta Bronze Supporters? :)
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info