Community News: New Forum Management

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
anything they say anywhere is taken as gospel, except what happens is someone copy/pastes it here from reddit and everyones like "well why the fuck am I finding about about what a dev is posting about the game second hand copy/pasta from another website when Im on the official forums every day?" and that not only is taken as gospel because its a dev saying it but it also just pisses people off majorly.

marks post sums up the frustration nicely.

regarding his statement: "public opinion" > "truth"

if that's really the case than it rather shows a lack of communication from ggg's side, not the wrong interpretation of the few words that leave the ggg headquarters beside chris' posts.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 23, 2015, 8:17:32 AM
It's the visibility thing again. The PoE reddit is basically one board. What we have is nothing short of a fustercluck of boards.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Charan wrote:
It's the visibility thing again. The PoE reddit is basically one board. What we have is nothing short of a fustercluck of boards.

Erm, this is not the right place for you to express such derision of the forums. Please file that under Game Forum/General Forum/General Feedback/Forum Feedback/Forum Appearance. You should also be sure to file the appropriate paperwork in triplicate.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
It is this same clusterfuck of boards that prevent it being one huge page where people only spam on topics they disagree, correct or discredit.. and pretty much the more mindheavy the topics are the faster they disappear on such a board. It's great for a quick post of lolz but i'll take proper forums over it anytime. Reddit is great for random shit like today i fucked up, though.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
"
Charan wrote:

Erm, this is not the right place for you to express such derision of the forums. Please file that under Game Forum/General Forum/General Feedback/Forum Feedback/Forum Appearance. You should also be sure to file the appropriate paperwork in triplicate.

It does create a dilemma. Do you create one huge melting pot? GD is pretty much that and that is a potpourri of joy.

Upvoting/downvoting is possible but that can create awkwardness in chronology for some. I've always thought tagging worked out well.

I suppose it is all associated w/ personal preference.
I want to try the beta!!!!
Personally I hate the up/down voting thing

it buries anything remotely controversial and seems to mess up the order of things

and they people down vote simply because they dont like the poster

To me redit looks like more of a fluster cuck than these forums

redit looks like something from 1996 to me
I dont see any any key!
I am the Ruler of Downvotes. :)
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Charan wrote:
I am the Ruler of Downvotes. :)

well then I guess we can add them, as long as your in charge of them lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Nightyb wrote:
Any chance the new rules will target pointless posts ("first" etc.)? It's horrible trying to find useful information in replies involving popular posts due to all the noise.

Yes. We already tend to remove these, but they will be covered under what constitutes spam.

OH YES THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info