Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Community News: New Forum Management

Congrats Bex, Really have enjoyed your light touch and good humor around OT.

Let me just apologize up front. I know I can be grating and annoying and probably am not in good favor with some of the board denziens, but I promise it is one love and a big heart mixed with a dumb brain and fat fingering the key board. My sarcasm comes naturally, I cant help but to be a cynic. So sorry upfront, and I dont take it personally if you need to tone down/remove my posts or call me down, I am not here to only stir up trouble.

Lost

Hey...is this thing on?
"
k1rage wrote:
Personally I hate the up/down voting thing

it buries anything remotely controversial and seems to mess up the order of things

and they people down vote simply because they dont like the poster

To me redit looks like more of a fluster cuck than these forums

redit looks like something from 1996 to me

I don't believe it always leads to down votes of controversial. My true gripe with the 'toxicity' of this forum has nothing to do with the message that is being delivered. I can agree/disagree with the best (or worst) of them and despise group-think. Down votes (for me at least) come from one of two things: poorly delivered/packaged message or a logical fallacy.

I think you will notice a trend in my commentary that specifically references the manner in which a message is delivered -- not the message itself. Do you think I'm alone? On the internet the delivery of a message is an orchestra that plays to a deaf audience and as such, becomes an undervalued asset. There is a time and place for all communication methods and no single method is absolutely correct. One thing for me is certain though, some communication methods are almost always wrong. An example: the flood of GD with CBT threads that basically performed the same purpose was a poor decision on all participating parties. I equate this to a tactic that my 5 year old son would use, and I say that in the most loving way possible. It is a substitution of brute force when your message is otherwise poorly packaged. He (my son) has always had more success with me when he has calmly expressed his thoughts in a logical and reasonable manner; something that I can proudly say he does on occasion.

There are people on this forum that I believe strive to be upstanding and respectful while also maintaining an objectively critical stance. This is the pinnacle of what GGG and all of us should strive for.

If it would not have contributed to the absolute cesspool that was forming for CBT, I would put my thoughts out on how it was handled but the forum was so poisoned that it was not possible. In effect, the mob tactics caused me to spend more time protecting the integrity of the situation than discussing my personal thoughts on the matter. Was that the goal of the angry mob? To alienate discussion on a sensible level? [Rhetorical questions]

There was only one incident that caused me to almost let loose (thank you for bringing it to my attention Charan and others) but still maintained my composure, slept on it before sending my email to GGG and then found the issue resolved when I awoke.

If nothing else, the 24 hour rule is easily one of the best anger management approaches. There is something to be said about the passion in the heat of the moment, so take notes. But don't express them if your message will be clouded (and undermined) by poorly delivered communications.

I suppose my point is that a correlation is different than a causal effect. Being downvoted may have nothing to do with the thought or idea.

In fact, here s my thoughts on CB testing (off topic)

My main gripe with the CBT is not who got in, or how people currently get in. I think it should not have been a surprise.

The message needed to be controlled months ago. The lack of a message leaves open a void that people fill with inferences and conjecture and others who love to stir up the pot will fill it with misinformation. (Tinfoil Hat: other game makers will take advantage and put agents in as well to generally plant seeds of discontent. Sorry, just had to have a little fun with it)

People are unhappy. That happens and would have happened no matter what they did. That is NOT the measure of success. What should be measured is did you accomplish your goals (including scope, cost and schedule) with the least amount of negative impact reasonably possible.

GGG is solidly damned if they do, and damned if they don't. I believe all scenarios end with unhappiness:

Scenario 1 "What Actually Happened": Well, we see how people handled it....poorly.
Scenario 2 "Everyone gets in": People complain non-stop about a 'release' not being ready and why did GGG let us in when it was not fully baked...etc.
Scenario 3 "Already tested and ready to go": Where is the end game?
Scenario N "Whatever": *Pitch Forks and Torches!*

Scenario 'Nubatron/Communicate the Plan': [Some] People are still unhappy with the selection process but they knew it was coming and had time to vent without the timer "Mocking them"

Here is the thing, they don't deserve to be crucified. I've led huge projects over the years and have yet to ever get the M&C correct. Very few ever do. What is important is a solid lessons learned, and applying that knowledge next time. The forums going into 'rabble rabble rabble' mode provides little value in this area. Take a wild guess what does....(that's right, well thought out logical, reasonable, SYMPATHETIC and well formatted feedback.

Please don't respond to this in here; I'm more than happy to continue the topic somewhere else through PM or off topic thread.

your post was to long I down vote

(thats something ive actually seen happen lol)
I dont see any any key!
Great, more censorship and "edited by mods". Let's push divisive thoughts into the ground and unto reddit. This way we can pretend everything works perfectly on our main site.
We should make a new subreddit as well, since the current one is also just another PR extension of the main site.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
k1rage wrote:
your post was to long I down vote

(thats something ive actually seen happen lol)

Truth is, we are all students in this arena whether we like it or not. I am not above my own message. Thank you for the feedback. (seriously)
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Great, more censorship and "edited by mods". Let's push divisive thoughts into the ground and unto reddit. This way we can pretend everything works perfectly on our main site.
We should make a new subreddit as well, since the current one is also just another PR extension of the main site.

give them a little time before you judge them

for the record I have the same fears as you im just going to reserve judgement until later
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

for the record I have the same fears as you im just going to reserve judgement until later

Ow, I have enough experience with how they ran things, there's nothing inside the way she phrased her statement that said we'll get less censorship.
It's dreadful, if I wanted to read a whitewashed forum, I'd take a trip to the European country on my right, they have lots of experience with whitewashing propaganda there.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:

Ow, I have enough experience with how they ran things, there's nothing inside the way she phrased her statement that said we'll get less censorship.
It's dreadful, if I wanted to read a whitewashed forum, I'd take a trip to the European country on my right, they have lots of experience with whitewashing propaganda there.

your probably right, but I pray your not
I dont see any any key!
"
Liking the forum index shakeups, but it's still a visual clusteryouknowhat.

Haha, indeed, it took me a second to figure out what the shit happened.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
"
Liking the forum index shakeups, but it's still a visual clusteryouknowhat.

Haha, indeed, it took me a second to figure out what the shit happened.

I wish they would condense the forums a bit
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info