How the Closed Beta is going so far

Jeeesus how the hell can people complain this much? It is absolutely INSANE.
Sad that those of us who have actively played the game with well over 800 hours, and supported the game multiple times have not received a beta key automatically, I'm usually not about entitlements, however I do feel the sting. Where's the love..
"
Cosma wrote:
Sure there is metrics, you are right. But how useful is metrics for GGG? They need to adress:
1. bugs
2. crashes
3. skill issues
4. and mob/boss/skill balance

If you have 12 people fucking dying on the beach - that means you have 12 people who shouldnt even be in the beta tbh.

If this was Closed beta for PoE release I would be more understanding. But where I come from (after years of playing) this makes no sense.

Those metrics I mentioned (and others I didn't) will address the 4 points you brought up.

And believe it or not, those 12 people dying on the beach already potentially provides important information for GGG regarding the re-balancing of monster difficulty in Normal. Remember, when A4 goes live in June there's going to be a plethora of new players coming to the game. That's why it's important to gather data from brand new players as well.

A4's not just for vets, it's an opportunity to bring an entirely new population to the game.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 22, 2015, 2:11:58 AM
"
Cosma wrote:
Sorry Chris but you should run for politics.

Please explain to me how you expect totally new players to give you constructive feedback regarding game balance?

And please explain to me why you think a player that NEVER posted one single post on the forum nor played through the game with ANY character on even normal would ever care to put countless hours and input to the beta.

Cause that is what you need - ACTIVE players that give you FEEDBACK. There is a reason why you normally apply for a beta and get selected.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than just a hype trick. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see through it.

I guess new player will see basical things whereas experiencied gamer doesn't care about it (experienced gamer can pass normal extremely quickly only thinking about his level 80+).
I think too there isn't only game balance to consider and new vision of the game is needed to add some good contents.
"
Cosma wrote:
Please explain to me how you expect totally new players to give you constructive feedback regarding game balance?

As he said, main purpose of this early CB stage is to eliminate crashes - and crashes dont need any active feedback by the players, they 'report' theirself just by happening. And I can assume, that very unexperienced players, which probably do a lot more clicking here and there and everywhere just to try and understand things (we veterans "think" to know), can cause significantly more of this unexpected crash situations...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Sad that those of us who have actively played the game with well over 800 hours, and supported the game multiple times have not received a beta key automatically, I'm usually not about entitlements, however I do feel the sting. Where's the love..

Not paying enough.
8.11 am, still no beta invite, staying awake seems more and more difficult
Last edited by Tomberry on Apr 22, 2015, 2:12:10 AM
"
Tomberry wrote:

Lmao, you are actually waiting? Good luck ;)
"
WATCH_ME_QWER wrote:
Holly how lucky is that 11211 dude? Penetrate Three times of 99.5% block rate system.

block was nerfed...
"
fatmechanic wrote:
"
Tomberry wrote:

Lmao, you are actually waiting? Good luck ;)

it's gotta be every minute now right? RIGHT!?!?! :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info