How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

It is frustrating because we're bored.

We're over 5 months and counting of TR/BL leagues. You've been hyping, and teasing, for months and have now released that to a lucky few... and everyone else is simply bored.

Sure you can polish up a Cut-Throat or Exiles Everywhere event or two, but I doubt that will appease your gaming population unless there is appropriate incentive. Non-beta players are now playing in a legacy league, so there is no reason to theory-craft when it will change. Trade is slowing because of the upcoming meta changes.

There are probably other elements, but basically the community is hyped and bored.

Sincerely, GL with the testing though.
Cheers

PS - I watched the Kripp stream with you last night... honestly, it was a mistake. Why bring him in to beta (for 2 days), stream and answer questions in front of your largest audience when the beta is so incomplete and missing 2 of the most important pieces of content: a complete act and desync fix?

Well said.
12 deaths on the beach? I hope those were from AFK people.
Good news
No beta key :(
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
thx Chris. I wonder if we will have any bonus stages in POE, i love treasure huge treasure room full of challenge and loot.
Sorry Chris but you should run for politics.

Please explain to me how you expect totally new players to give you constructive feedback regarding game balance?

And please explain to me why you think a player that NEVER posted one single post on the forum nor played through the game with ANY character on even normal would ever care to put countless hours and input to the beta.

Cause that is what you need - ACTIVE players that give you FEEDBACK. There is a reason why you normally apply for a beta and get selected.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than just a hype trick. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see through it.
The super advanced secret system that let the 11211 guy 3 times into beta eh? The guy could have easily randomized that part as well he wanted to be visible. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the secret system is actually us. We spot fishy stuff chris goes ban them and everyone is theoretically happy. Anyway my buddy got in on his main account legit way so at least some actual folk do get in. Not that I understand wanting to get in at this point but you know people and forbidden fruit.
"
Cosma wrote:
Sorry Chris but you should run for politics.

Please explain to me how you expect totally new players to give you constructive feedback regarding game balance?

And please explain to me why you think a player that NEVER posted one single post on the forum nor played through the game with ANY character on even normal would ever care to put countless hours and input to the beta.

Cause that is what you need - ACTIVE players that give you FEEDBACK. There is a reason why you normally apply for a beta and get selected.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than just a hype trick. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see through it.

There's this thing called metrics, data that they pull off the servers that cover a multitude of areas (active playtime, deaths, deaths by zone, deaths by level, skill usage, item usage, etc.) that requires literally 0 verbal feedback.

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you, but there's a lot of information that GGG can pull passively as well.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Avu wrote:
The super advanced secret system that let the 11211 guy 3 times into beta eh? The guy could have easily randomized that part as well he wanted to be visible. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the secret system is actually us. We spot fishy stuff chris goes ban them and everyone is theoretically happy. Anyway my buddy got in on his main account legit way so at least some actual folk do get in. Not that I understand wanting to get in at this point but you know people and forbidden fruit.

That's all about 0.5%.
Can we just get an update on what the rest of us can expect in the 6-8 week gap? All I want is something to play. The 1MR was about three times as long as it needed to be already :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info