How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
starklife wrote:
Thanks for at least addressing the community and admitting you couldn't handle being in our position.

Just showing you understand that, makes me think you may not be completely clueless about how miserable this is for some of your biggest fans.

Surprised no supporter pack or temp league announcement tonight though.

Been too salty to play since beta went live and I really haven't taken many breaks since I first started playing poe in July of 2012, but at this point until there's a new temp league it's just too disappointing to play atm.

All that said I'll be continuing to support poe and buy new mtx/supporter packs as they come out. I love poe to death and really want to continue to show that appreciation.

But please....stop fumbling the ball for the other 90% of us and announce a temp league already can't be that hard to Toss a turbo kitchen sink league out there and the challenge alone would be a good enough distraction from all the disappointment.

A cutthroat league please!! C U T T H R O A T league for beta.

Wow that would be awesome!!! half an hour league, first 10 people got a beta key for awakening! I already see many throats gotten cut.
pick me pick me!
"
Cosma wrote:
Sorry Chris but you should run for politics.

Please explain to me how you expect totally new players to give you constructive feedback regarding game balance?

And please explain to me why you think a player that NEVER posted one single post on the forum nor played through the game with ANY character on even normal would ever care to put countless hours and input to the beta.

Cause that is what you need - ACTIVE players that give you FEEDBACK. There is a reason why you normally apply for a beta and get selected.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than just a hype trick. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see through it.

I know at-least 4 people that have about 800 hours per, that are dying to play the closed beta, and have never posted on the forums. And there is also the bug report commands in-game, making forums posts not necessarily needed. Not to mention the data gathered from them simply playing the game.
IGN shdowe
:(((((((((((((((((((((((
"
Avu wrote:
The super advanced secret system that let the 11211 guy 3 times into beta eh? The guy could have easily randomized that part as well he wanted to be visible. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the secret system is actually us. We spot fishy stuff chris goes ban them and everyone is theoretically happy. Anyway my buddy got in on his main account legit way so at least some actual folk do get in. Not that I understand wanting to get in at this point but you know people and forbidden fruit.

Banned
Also banned
Also also banned

And subsequently replaced by legitimate players.

And yeah he could've scrambled it better, but it still would've been dealt with eventually.

Wts tinfoil hat remover.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Since you seem so concerned about crashes, when are we gonna see a fix for crashes that occur for users that have a 32-bit OS?
"
Cosma wrote:

Please explain to me how you expect totally new players to give you constructive feedback regarding game balance?

And please explain to me why you think a player that NEVER posted one single post on the forum nor played through the game with ANY character on even normal would ever care to put countless hours and input to the beta.

Cause that is what you need - ACTIVE players that give you FEEDBACK. There is a reason why you normally apply for a beta and get selected.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than just a hype trick. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see through it.

Definitely not about game balance, but I think they can provide good feedback about leveling and how they learn the game mechanics by playing.
I want a key so bad !
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Cosma wrote:

There's this thing called metrics, data that they pull off the servers that cover a multitude of areas (active playtime, deaths, deaths by zone, deaths by level, skill usage, item usage, etc.) that requires literally 0 verbal feedback.

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you, but there's a lot of information that GGG can pull passively as well.

Sure there is metrics, you are right. But how useful is metrics for GGG? They need to adress:
1. bugs
2. crashes
3. skill issues
4. and mob/boss/skill balance

If you have 12 people fucking dying on the beach - that means you have 12 people who shouldnt even be in the beta tbh.

If this was Closed beta for PoE release I would be more understanding. But where I come from (after years of playing) this makes no sense.
"
Kaysee wrote:
We're over 5 months and counting of TR/BL leagues. You've been hyping, and teasing, for months and have now released that to a lucky few... and everyone else is simply bored.

Just take a breath - you'll probably need it later on... ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info