How the Closed Beta is going so far

Thanks Chris.
Thanks for all your hard work GGG. Now where's my beta key. *strokes mustache menacingly
A lot of people signed up for Path of Exile after reading about The Awakening. I understand that they haven't played 1000+ hours yet, but neither has the average Path of Exile player.

Haha good to see my post was read, that's awesome
Cool that it's going well. Can't wait for the finished product to drop.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Thanks for at least addressing the community and admitting you couldn't handle being in our position.

Just showing you understand that, makes me think you may not be completely clueless about how miserable this is for some of your biggest fans.

Surprised no supporter pack or temp league announcement tonight though.

Been too salty to play since beta went live and I really haven't taken many breaks since I first started playing poe in July of 2012, but at this point until there's a new temp league it's just too disappointing to play atm.

All that said I'll be continuing to support poe and buy new mtx/supporter packs as they come out. I love poe to death and really want to continue to show that appreciation.

But please....stop fumbling the ball for the other 90% of us and announce a temp league already can't be that hard to Toss a turbo kitchen sink league out there and the challenge alone would be a good enough distraction from all the disappointment.

Im not frustrated at all :) I had watched streams and realised that i dont want to play in current beta. Besides, the more you play in it, the more you will be attached to your progress, which is going to get wiped by the end of closed beta anyway.
Woolfio @YouTube
Well i took my holidays after the hype was announced, had to do it that early.

If i dont want to get sad every 5 minutes, i finally have a reason to enjoy the weather over here;)

Maybe i will be a lucky guy in the next 3 days.

I am watching the streams all day and the addon is really cool! Cant wait to play it.

For me, there have been some mistakes with all the hype and selecting the CB accounts, but to be honest

if i had a beta key for myself, i would have been glad with such a transperent system/hype and so on.

Good luck for all the players and many bug reports/solutions:)
"
Chris wrote:

To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

It is frustrating because we're bored.

We're over the 5 months and counting of TR/BL leagues. You've been hyping, and teasing, for months and have now released that content to a lucky few... and everyone else is simply bored.

Sure you can polish up a Cut-Throat or Exiles Everywhere event or two, but I doubt that will appease your gaming population unless there is appropriate incentive. Non-beta players are now playing in a legacy league, so there is no reason to theory-craft when it will change. Trade is slowing because of the upcoming meta changes.

There are probably other elements, but basically the community is hyped and bored.

Sincerely, GL with the testing though.
Cheers

PS - I watched the Kripp stream with you last night... honestly, it was a mistake. Why bring him in to beta (for 2 days), stream and answer questions in front of your largest audience when the beta is so incomplete and missing 2 of the most important pieces of content: a complete act and desync fix?
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Apr 22, 2015, 6:23:29 AM
appreciate the transparency Chris (and GGG generally).
"Pray for Mojo"
Woot! I am ready and will wait till whenever to play act 4! Bring it on!
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info