How the Closed Beta is going so far

"
WATCH_ME_QWER wrote:
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

It is frustrating because we're bored.

We're over 5 months and counting of TR/BL leagues. You've been hyping, and teasing, for months and have now released that to a lucky few... and everyone else is simply bored.

Sure you can polish up a Cut-Throat or Exiles Everywhere event or two, but I doubt that will appease your gaming population unless there is appropriate incentive. Non-beta players are now playing in a legacy league, so there is no reason to theory-craft when it will change. Trade is slowing because of the upcoming meta changes.

There are probably other elements, but basically the community is hyped and bored.

Sincerely, GL with the testing though.
Cheers

PS - I watched the Kripp stream with you last night... honestly, it was a mistake. Why bring him in to beta (for 2 days), stream and answer questions in front of your largest audience when the beta is so incomplete and missing 2 of the most important pieces of content: a complete act and desync fix?

Well said.

This!!

And saying you had 1.5k something deaths its because you invite noobs, the testing would go much faster if you invite people who know what they are doing been playing this game for almost 2years now (12h/days) most of it on hardcore leagues riped only 4 time in that time... got 7 chars 90+ and others in the 80s and im not even saying that i should be in the 1st day but people like raizqt, pam , fraggy , zoroxo etc are not in and comon you let noob streamers just for publicity this is getting on blizzard level of doing things i'm already having a dejavu from d3 made 7-8 chars paragon 100 and then blizzard pissed on me and i never played it again for 1sec at this point i'm having the same fealing with this game... i mean comon give the players who have been in your game no matter what every day something...
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

To those not in the Beta yet: Thanks for your patience. Having played The Awakening, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait.

We're over 5 months and counting of TR/BL leagues. You've been hyping, and teasing, for months and have now released that to a lucky few... and everyone else is simply bored.

Sure you can polish up a Cut-Throat or Exiles Everywhere event or two, but I doubt that will appease your gaming population unless there is appropriate incentive. Non-beta players are now playing in a legacy league, so there is no reason to theory-craft when it will change. Trade is slowing because of the upcoming meta changes.

There are probably other elements, but basically the community is hyped and bored.

Cheers

PS - I watched the Kripp stream with you last night... honestly, it was a mistake. Why bring him in to beta (for 2 days), stream and answer questions in front of your largest audience when the beta is so incomplete and missing 2 of the most important pieces of content: a complete act and desync fix?

QFT
Thanks Chris for this post. Trying to make children grow up must be hard ;)
This was a very good post.
Thanks Chris, thanks GGG..
Really looking forward to it.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Dudes, what the hell ? You are complaining about new players having beta keys, and because you've played a lot, you cry if you don't have a beta key ? Have you even read Chris' post ? :O

If you don't know (which it seems to be), balance a game is harder than anything else. By adding a new act, GGG have to rebalance the ENTIRE game, so half a ton of test is needed. It will take time, a lot of time, but community will do the job. Just be patient, and you'll maybe have your beta key too.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you're the ones who'll whine about the beta being bugged... So please, keep cool.
- Super Saltyajin God -
Was really looking forward to getting back into the game but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer, looks awesome.
Is there any snow in act 4? :)
"
mirificel wrote:
"
WATCH_ME_QWER wrote:
"
Kaysee wrote:

Cheers

Well said.

This!!

And saying you had 1.5k something deaths its because you invite noobs, the testing would go much faster if you invite people who know what they are doing been playing this game for almost 2years now (12h/days) most of it on hardcore leagues riped only 4 time in that time... got 7 chars 90+ and others in the 80s and im not even saying that i should be in the 1st day but people like raizqt, pam , fraggy , zoroxo etc are not in and comon you let noob streamers just for publicity this is getting on blizzard level of doing things i'm already having a dejavu from d3 made 7-8 chars paragon 100 and then blizzard pissed on me and i never played it again for 1sec at this point i'm having the same fealing with this game... i mean comon give the players who have been in your game no matter what every day something...

Things are not that sad around here mate. Despite the somewhat bored community, at least you just don't get to test the new content, your progress doesn't get invalidated by it.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Yeah woho! Go on and shit on the average player as usual in true GGG spirit! Nice ''random'' beta :D
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Avu wrote:
The super advanced secret system that let the 11211 guy 3 times into beta eh? The guy could have easily randomized that part as well he wanted to be visible. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the secret system is actually us. We spot fishy stuff chris goes ban them and everyone is theoretically happy. Anyway my buddy got in on his main account legit way so at least some actual folk do get in. Not that I understand wanting to get in at this point but you know people and forbidden fruit.

Banned
Also banned
Also also banned

And subsequently replaced by legitimate players.

And yeah he could've scrambled it better, but it still would've been dealt with eventually.

Wts tinfoil hat remover.

Did you even read my entire post? They were banned after people made a fuss on reddit. And you know they would have been banned anyway how? Faith? And why assume distrusting ggg word is instantly tin foil hat realm I mean it could be but "blood magic keystone is now stronger than ever", trading system is coming soon, kid gloves when treating rmt where you have to give a notarized self confession to be banned meh lots of tiny stuff that gathered over time. I still think ggg is the best dev out there just that I no longer think they are perfect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info