Projectiles can't shotgun?

Reading this thread from Chris, I read that:

"
Chris wrote:
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target.

Does this mean that my Incinerate cannot shotgun anymore?

Edit:

Reading those notes is killing me. I hope that I get in Beta so I can see for myself just how these changes work out.
Last edited by Natharias on Apr 20, 2015, 4:25:53 PM
Not having tested, that's how I read it. But you can't look at that change in a vacuum. There may be other changes and support gems that can make up for what Incinerate loses here.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Yes, this does mean that Incinerate (and all other spells) cannot shotgun anymore, unless you consider catching enemies in multiple overlapping AoEs as shotgunning (e.g. shooting LMP Fireball against a wall when a monster stands next to said wall).

No, this is not (yet) the end of Incinerate or any of the other spells that rely on shotgunning. Damage numbers will more than likely be looked at.

Yes, testing in Beta yourself would be the best way to see how strong something is, but even there everything is still subject to change. :P

Oddly enough, I'm currently mostly interested in what they've done to the current three acts. o_O
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Oddly enough, I'm currently mostly interested in what they've done to the current three acts. o_O

Why's that odd? Every true rerolling enthusiast probably can't change his pants fast enough :)

"
Natharias wrote:

Not to worry, Nate, I'm positive that Incinerate will remain a top-tier spell after the dust settles, shotgunning or no.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It's odd because there is so much completly new stuff coming. :)
Finally we no longer have to wonder how Oak got to the Wetlands without waking the Vaal Oversoul. ^_^
"
raics wrote:
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:

Why's that odd? Every true rerolling enthusiast probably can't change his pants fast enough :)

"
Natharias wrote:

Not to worry, Nate, I'm positive that Incinerate will remain a top-tier spell after the dust settles, shotgunning or no.

Yeah, but Cybil's Paw will be completely useless, and Doryani's Sceptre/mace will still be brokenly powerful no doubt.

Again, this is just reading the notes (non-patch notes mind you) that Chris provided, which are still subject to change. So take the following with a handful of salt.

But if Incinerate cannot shotgun, Cybil's Paw has just about lost all of its value and Incinerate is likely not going to be useful. The whole point of Incinerate was rapid hits, and LMP/GMP was the single best way to multiply your casts per second, since three or even five can hit the target with each cast. So with a hit to shotgunning, you'll be losing quite a bit.
"
Chris wrote:

[...]
A rebalance of existing unique items.
[...]

Maybe Cybil's Paw is in there, I'd say it deserves a buff since the block nerf anyway, might be a good time for that.
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

[...]
A rebalance of existing unique items.
[...]

Maybe Cybil's Paw is in there, I'd say it deserves a buff since the block nerf anyway, might be a good time for that.

Yeah, but I doubt they'll buff the life on spell hit due to CWDT and spells. But maybe I'm wrong, as I have been wrong when I think GGG will or won't do something.

For instance, I didn't think GGG would destroy block. I thought they'd just buff secondary and degen damage along with implementing more block penetration. Instead, they destroyed block and implemented some block penetration. Quite depressing really.
u cna still multiproj it, you just wont gain a damage buff from doing so, only an aoe buff and a life sustain buff.

I know u were worried about this mate, but i feel like they will be buffing its damage to make it still very viable, i wouldnt worry too much until you see the new values. If the values suck balls then theres always time to make the calls on the forums, be heard, hopefully make sure what goes through to the final product is a working, viable version of incinerate.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
u cna still multiproj it, you just wont gain a damage buff from doing so, only an aoe buff and a life sustain buff.

I know u were worried about this mate, but i feel like they will be buffing its damage to make it still very viable, i wouldnt worry too much until you see the new values. If the values suck balls then theres always time to make the calls on the forums, be heard, hopefully make sure what goes through to the final product is a working, viable version of incinerate.

I'm not so worried about the damage on Incinerate. I'm worried mostly on the lgoh for it. My best character relies on the 800-900 some life per second from it. It's really the only thing he relies on. Take that out, and he becomes quite fragile.

GGG needs to stop nerfing things to the ground. Nerfing is not balancing.

Again, understand that I understand these notes are just notes, not finalized changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info