What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

"
Zorgilon wrote:
Minions (they are now targeted by monsters less often and take less damage from many boss attacks. This still being heavily iterated on.)

What do you mean ???

It means monsters will try to go for the player more often, and this is probably a response to how safe summoners are. The game needs a bit of risk to feel rewarding after all. Minions taking less damage from bosses is likely a bit of compensation for the player being more at risk of damage. It might also be a general buff if minions aren't surviving well enough on bosses to feel like a viable choice.

Them heavily iterating on it means they're still testing which numbers and AI changes make for the best experience.
LoL EK new meta dont need GMP the gem scales it self so no point investement in the tree all you do is get castspeed ,projspeed and defens and your done. xD

Incinerate is crap without shotgun then you can just use any spell with the same result.

Spark still junk no improvment FlameBlast Prolif gets rekt aswell as all ProlifBuilds hmm let's see how many Builds are viable after this GameDestructionPatch.

Hope for the BEST prep for the worst ! ! !
Last edited by FRANKENSTEINxDR on Apr 20, 2015, 4:02:36 AM
"
Rockstopper wrote:

Could you clarify whether Tornado Shot's explosion behavior remains unaffected?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/2#p10493708
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Apr 20, 2015, 4:06:08 AM
"
Zorgilon wrote:
Sorry people , but if summoners start taking damage whats the point ?? Time to respec my witch to low life mjolner bullshit . Clear maps with my eyes closed :)

One of the points is probably to engage the player more and make us actually pay attention to what's going on in game. The designers want us to think while we're playing. It's difficult and sometimes impossible to do that when there's little or no danger to the actual character.
"
Rockstopper wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Two of the three you named are attacks, and thus already couldn't shotgun and aren't affected by this at all.

Could you clarify whether Tornado Shot's explosion behavior remains unaffected? As far as I know, the skill currently works in a manner that allows a target to be hit by several secondary arrows, each one fired by the initial arrows, effectively applying a 'pseudo-shotgun' effect to Tornado Shot if one links it to LMP/GMP and aims a bit in front of or behind a target.

Since I assume the secondary arrows are emitted at exactly the same time, does this mean a target will only be hit by those secondary arrows no more than once?

I don't think it is changing anything about tornado shot. They are changing all the projectile spells to work how projectile attacks do. Tornado Shot is already projectile attack. I would assume that means Tornado Shot would see no change, at least in terms of this mechanic. It may however get some sort of other nerf since it seems to be OP. I have never played it, so I can't really comment on that.
Cant wait for tree nerfs and unique nerfs...
"
sharkh20 wrote:

I don't think it is changing anything about tornado shot. They are changing all the projectile spells to work how projectile attacks do. Tornado Shot is already projectile attack. I would assume that means Tornado Shot would see no change, at least in terms of this mechanic. It may however get some sort of other nerf since it seems to be OP. I have never played it, so I can't really comment on that.

On the previous page Serleth posted a link to a thread that clarifies this:

"
Serleth wrote:
"
Rockstopper wrote:

Could you clarify whether Tornado Shot's explosion behavior remains unaffected?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/2#p10493708
Hey GGG, we're all excited to see all of what you've got for us in 2.0.

They hype was absolutely intense when the media coverage was released.

I'm a PoE veteran, which is why, as you might expect, I am very concerned for the impact of these changes you are introducing. I'm not making my judgement yet; we've not seen all of the patch notes and possibilities and our community is clever and will figure something out eventually.

My only concern with your... methods and these very large changes is the massive hit on the (standard) economy. It is inevitable that prices of many items are going to change (i.e. 21 Arctic breath, Fireball). Personally at first glance I won't be hit for anywhere near as hard as when I bought my Acuities the day before they got nerfed, but it remains an issue when the meta shifts so drastically (or maybe it won't?).

I guess what I'm asking here is: Do you really think such profound changes were necessary? The shotgunning, is the main one. I was just finishing up my Shatter Chuck... /nerdhurt

You don't like "OP" builds, and honestly the main reason I play PoE is because these builds are attainable (at a massive cost) and their potential is so great. Low-life glass cannons FTW. I like having a +200-250 ex build wreck things in a matter of seconds. What I don't like is spending that much money for the build to become mediocre the next patch. I'm not making my judgement yet, I hope it's not as bad as it seems on first sight. For people playing temp leagues this hardly makes a difference but for standard players it's a huge one.

2.0 Hype!

P.S. more like 2.0 Hope my dream builds aren't wrecked again :<
"
"
Zorgilon wrote:
Sorry people , but if summoners start taking damage whats the point ?? Time to respec my witch to low life mjolner bullshit . Clear maps with my eyes closed :)

One of the points is probably to engage the player more and make us actually pay attention to what's going on in game. The designers want us to think while we're playing. It's difficult and sometimes impossible to do that when there's little or no danger to the actual character.

That's cool and stuff, but main issue is that its 1% of unaccounted things in your build that kill you, not that you lack attention or thinking.

Furthermore, most of negativity comes from the fact that there's no reward in accounting for that 1%.

That's why i prefer totems. Fire and forget.
MELEE HYPE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info