What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

it will be interesting to see how the changes to leech affect things

looking forward to some new challenges
Let the games begin
Last edited by whineston on Apr 20, 2015, 3:54:05 AM
I don't understand all the negativity. Complaining about supposed nerfs when you don't even know what the new skill tree looks like and what the potential uses are of new skill gems and support gems, etc. Yes, there are going to be a lot of changes. So what? Would you rather keep everything the same and just add a new act with new bosses and keep everything else the same? I think changes are refreshing and a good thing.
I don't know why I am surprised by this behavior. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have watch the community declare the collapse of the universe over major changes before they actually got to try it and found that the world had not in fact ended after all.
This game has been is a blast and although the meta is about to shift, have a little faith people. At least wait and actually try it before you flood your keyboard with tears.
"
Defaceo wrote:
"
"
Defaceo wrote:

So that's the euphemism for balance issues these days :D
No response to the content of what I wrote.

It's basically a dismissal of what you wrote likely because it is still too soon to say if your assertions have any merit.

If you are truly passionate about these changes, why not play the game and see for yourself if they are as negative as you think they are then report back to GGG on that and mention some middling adjustments that could get some of the things used again?

They nerfed Armour and are now buffing it months later. They nerfed melee and are now buffing it months later. Do you fathom that? They back track on their own changes after they narrow down the amount of viable builds in the game - "amount of viable builds" - which is suppose to be PoE's essence.
So no, I might as well play bloody Diablo III with these bad nerfes every patch because the bloody amount of actual viable builds end up being the same as that wretched game.

I hope the beta testing proves productive because this is the last chance I'm giving this game.

Buff and nerf cycles are fairly common for many different games. I suppose one of the biggest examples is League of Legends. Sometimes the changes happen so the company can gather data on how players are playing the game and then make better decisions as game development continues. The end result is a better game in the long run even if in the short run it feels a bit weaker. Remember, GGG is a business in it for the long haul and they don't take these kinds of decisions lightly. We are only players and thus only get to see the tip of the iceberg of what the devs are doing and have done. Give them a little more credit for the awesome game that is Path of Exile, would you?
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Apr 20, 2015, 3:55:59 AM
Call me a Negative Nancy if you want (because that's what I am) but all I see when I read these notes is: nerfed casters; nerfed a bunch of cheap builds; gl to everything/everyone else, you'll probably come through the changes okay.

I would try to be optimistic and wait until the changes are tested holistically but let's be realistic: GGG's approach to "balance" is, historically, nuke everything into subatomic particles first and ask the cockroaches questions later. Or don't even bother to ask the questions. Why should this time be any different?
Last edited by f4sak3n on Apr 20, 2015, 3:58:44 AM
Its a beta. Test it out and give feed back. Then if the changes you hate get into game then riot. :D
Gimmi beta #1
"
All projectiles now behave like arrows. Multiple projectiles emitted at exactly the same time can no longer hit the same target.

How does this interact with chain. Will chained projectiles from the same multiple projectile source be able to hit the same target?
IGN: DatInternet
Sorry people , but if summoners start taking damage whats the point ?? Time to respec my witch to low life mjolner bullshit . Clear maps with my eyes closed :)
"
Alhoon wrote:
GGG has NEVER, and will NEVER care two shits about your precious RF Incinerators that will be ruined forevermore. Deal with it.

Then they will have to deal with losing a part of their player base .
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Two of the three you named are attacks, and thus already couldn't shotgun and aren't affected by this at all.

Could you clarify whether Tornado Shot's explosion behavior remains unaffected? As far as I know, the skill currently works in a manner that allows a target to be hit by several secondary arrows, each one fired by the initial arrows, effectively applying a 'pseudo-shotgun' effect to Tornado Shot if one links it to LMP/GMP and aims a bit in front of or behind a target.

Since I assume the secondary arrows are emitted at exactly the same time, does this mean a target will only be hit by those secondary arrows no more than once?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info