What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

"
MavFilo wrote:
The permanent league players are taking the largest hit, and I hear that majority of the community plays permanent leagues....

It's the exact opposite. The majority of players are challenge league players.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Must be hella frustrating to be a developer. People complaining and moaning already and they haven't tried it yet or even seen the real patch notes. It's called beta testing (testing being the key word) to see if it works or if they need to change something back or change it differently.

I am confident in what ggg does. They really need to screw up big to ruin this great game.
"
Erak wrote:
Does this mean all my investment to EB gear is useless now?
Pisses me off how much you change the game and render my efforts useless in regular basis.

It might not mean they'll be totally useless, but you'll likely have to make some changes here and there. Since the battery will be energy shield on the mana globe itself that means you'll probably want a way to recharge the "energy mana." The Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver keystones could have interesting use there for example, if they are staying in as-is. At least one unique jewel will certainly have an impact on energy shield, so that might help. If you don't get into the beta to see firsthand, PoEbuilder has mentioned it'd take them at most a couple weeks to get the starting beta passive tree up and running.
I'm having a heated debate at the moment about this: does tornado shot shotgun in the way described in this post? And is this change going to effect tornado what's damage??
A meme is a terrible thing to waste.
"
Anathema420 wrote:
I'm having a heated debate at the moment about this: does tornado shot shotgun in the way described in this post? And is this change going to effect tornado what's damage??

Take a look at this thread for more info on that: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248617/page/2/#p10494189

If you or others aren't up for clicking though, TS does not currently have the shotgun effect anyway so "this change will have no functional effect on Tornado Shot."
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Apr 20, 2015, 5:03:06 AM
"
Erak wrote:
Does this mean all my investment to EB gear is useless now?
Pisses me off how much you change the game and render my efforts useless in regular basis.

If you play on permanent leagues, get used to it. It has happened on a regular basis, every patch, and it will happen again. You have permanent characters, but not permanent builds. GGG doesn't want people playing permanent leagues. Your builds can - and will be - destroyed whenever GGG feel like it. Every player on permanent league has been through this, and everyone will go through it again.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 20, 2015, 5:04:54 AM
Can't wait. AHHHHHHH!
Hope i get beta access, it would be nice birthday present for me from GGG.
Some how its hard to believe that many people will be picked in the first few weeks from people who aren't streamers or alpha testers. Considering in a day at 5 minutes a pop you get only 288 names. This means in a week you get only 2016 accounts into the alpha. I don't imagine they will speed anything up until they have more of the content solidified.

Its really unfortunate, I don't want to be spoiled on the content from some streamer or Youtuber, yet because the chance of being picked into the beta is so slim, even with my extensive beta testing knowledge (from many many other games reaching back to 1998 when EQ was in beta.) i doubt ill see any content until the 6-8 weeks are up.

I really hate when companies do this type of thing; select streamers and youtubers etc to promote their game via their betas rather than pick qualified individuals. I do understand in this case and it cant really be helped that this is the way they chose to do things considering they want to promote their game, to get old and new players in, before act 4 is released. It just rubs me the wrong way because I'm so used to the "blizzard" way of doing "alphas/betas". Let only streamers and high profile people into their games for the first few weeks then slowly let people in through give-awayys to try to build the hype. Then when things get to a peak offer a paid option so people can pay to play an unfinished game. Luckily the Act 4 beta is not really a full game beta and i highly doubt GGG will ever add some kind of pay to enter method for it.
"
paranozek wrote:
Can't wait. AHHHHHHH!
Hope i get beta access, it would be nice birthday present for me from GGG.

Hopefully you didn't jinx yourself there!
The development and changing of the game has never been and will never be tailored towards players of the permanent leagues aka character graveyards.
PoE has always meant to be a constantly changing, dynamic game. Get this and stop complaining.

Love the upcoming changes so far and are excited to find out how they affect all aspects of the game.

Keep up the good and hard work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info