Please educate me, why does anyone consider PoE to be "hard"?

"
But still, there is definitely a silent majority out there who either don't get to Maps or just don't see them as anywhere near as important as the vocal section of the community.

Prety much, i only use them as a bit of fun every now and then...don't even farm them as such, but 1 tab of 66-68 maps, 1 tab 69 to 75, one tab of fragments and a spare tab full of the lower ones that i'll exchange up or run...if i played as much as some people do then i would have several more tabs full of them.

Spoiler
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Get to maps, OP. You'll change your oppinion ;) There are a lot of different layers of difficulty in the game, and when you're not even in Merciless, you've yet to see even one of them.

I'd love it if GGG would get rid of the redundant difficulty called "Cruel", though. With Act4 that SHOULD be possible, right?
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
But still, there is definitely a silent majority out there who either don't get to Maps or just don't see them as anywhere near as important as the vocal section of the community.

Prety much, i only use them as a bit of fun every now and then...don't even farm them as such, but 1 tab of 66-68 maps, 1 tab 69 to 75, one tab of fragments and a spare tab full of the lower ones that i'll exchange up or run...if i played as much as some people do then i would have several more tabs full of them.

Spoiler

Woah in order of type of map too that is impressive
I need a signature to look legit
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

It was so stupid and yet SO fun ... epic

It was amazing. Meaningful, specific grind (in specific area in the huge fucking world without instant teleports) with guaranteed results and it required group effort. That's what made MMOs the shit and that's what MMOs lack nowadays.

You explained it well. I was too young back then to understand what make the whole thing so fun, but makes sense what you say.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ahcos wrote:
Get to maps, OP. You'll change your oppinion ;) There are a lot of different layers of difficulty in the game, and when you're not even in Merciless, you've yet to see even one of them.

I'd love it if GGG would get rid of the redundant difficulty called "Cruel", though. With Act4 that SHOULD be possible, right?

Yes it's possible but no it's not going to happen this time round, will probably happen when they add act 5
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
ahcos wrote:

Yes it's possible but no it's not going to happen this time round, will probably happen when they add act 5

I am looking forward to the day when the difficulties are not simply the same acts repeated. The Descent races where as you progress the difficulty bumps up are great.

Whoever talked about Merveil/Cold Res is right. That's a great example of needing to learn from mistakes and adapt to the game. If you know about it before hand though, it's easy. Clive is definitely right about the curve needs to be smoother.

And re: orbs, up to Chaos orbs isn't RNG at all, that's just farming rares and using recipes/vendors/masters. Regals can be farmed too, but that's definitely not in the cards for the vast majority of players.

So other than that, you have Blessed, Divine, Exalted, Eternal, and Mirror that are pure RNG (I think, assuming my memory is behaving).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Well OP, seems like the devs have heard you. Look at the latest news.

Edit: Well, when it will be available again.
Last edited by Etesias on Apr 19, 2015, 7:30:34 PM
Okay, so I just beat Mereil on Cruel and got to Act II Cruel.

A couple of thoughts:

I wouldn't exactly say it was "easy", but I was never in any real danger, either, as long as I stayed alert.

The key to surviving her final form was, in part, "Staying out of the bad stuff."

Anybody's who's ever played World of Warcraft should know what that means. I'm assuming that everybody posting here knows about "Staying out of the bad stuff", as a no-brainer. If a boss casts "Pools of bad stuff", you immediately get the heck out of it. Right? Nobody in their right mind in this kind of game actually stands "in the bad stuff" and tries to fight in it, do they?

So, after two times "around the roller coaster" defeating the prison warden and Mereil, I still don't see why Mereil is any big deal.

Maybe I'll get "schooled" by merciless difficulty? I guess I have to keep playing. But, kudos times 1001 to the devs for motivating me to want to try it. :)

EDIT: Oh, btw, I have all three of my elemental resistances to 70-75 pretty easily in Cruel, and I have, through a skill tree circle, my chaos resistance up to a base 0-10%. I have gear that can raise that to about 25%, and a pair of shoes that allows me to drink any flask to raise it another 50% for the flask effect duration.
Last edited by Todarius on Apr 19, 2015, 7:56:04 PM
The game is going to become harder, :)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
@NeroNoah, I'm both counting on it and anticipating it eagerly. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info