King Kaom fight

"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
Not impressed, because this fight involves a lot of moving around and dodging his skills etc. I dont like that. I like stat and gear check bosses where you just walk in front of him and start hitting him until he dies without any effort to move around.

Lolled, thanks for that.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
"
Barivius wrote:
He sure beats Brutus. Setting the bar nicely.

When you see any of these bosses, you have to imagine them in a map.

Also this ^, the fight is okay, considering he is the first one you encounter in act4. I think he will be a warm-up and from the looks of it and depending on his hp pool, is a good candidate for player error.

but then imagine the fight in a high end rare map and go pee yourself a little. If that leap slam is as big of a hit as i imagine it to be, depending on the map level....its going to be like a mobile touché of god.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 17, 2015, 6:59:08 PM
meat good! vegetables bad!
"
johnKeys wrote:

2) he should have more attacks, and generally move a bit faster to stress the player out, while at the same time not hitting quite as hard, because he's not "THE boss".

3) the arena looks tiny. it definitely should be bigger with all this stuff going on.
and what about visual indications to the player? which one of the volcanoes is active atm? where will fireballs fall? stuff you can hide behind...
Vaal has the Falling Rocks attack which is the only thing I dislike about his fight, but at least being near him at that point is a "safe spot". where are Kaom's "safe spots"?

2) It's Kaom. He's supposed to be slow but hard hitting. I think they got that part right at least.

3) The small arena is also good for this fight, in my opinion. Keeps you from running away too far and just kiting him, especially since he is so slow. It would favor ranged characters even more than it already does if the arena was any larger.

My only complaint on this fight so far is it seems like there's already far too many boss fights where high fire and physical damage mitigation will leave you almost immune to the damage while anyone else will have a much harder time. At least this one looks like the attacks are easily avoided so far, but would be nice to have more bosses that use other damage types.
"
Alternalo wrote:
Shot puncture at the beginning, and run around in circles until he dies. So mechanik, much hardcore.

You can take that easy way out with alot of the content in this game, and sadly be considered a top tier player. Where is the fun in that though?
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
Not impressed, because this fight involves a lot of moving around and dodging his skills etc. I dont like that. I like stat and gear check bosses where you just walk in front of him and start hitting him until he dies without any effort to move around.

Are you sincere or trolling?

I am serious. WHy would I troll ? I like simple things.
God have mercy of us...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Would like to add that for a Boss that uses a +1000 life armour chest (don't forget that Kaom was the first to get his armour, so Legacy yep) it looks like he doesn't have any more health than any other boss, which is quite sad.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
Fire brutus ...
IGN: UgaBugaMajkaFaja
Well. What diffuculty was this done on? It will answer your question just right
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
Would like to add that for a Boss that uses a +1000 life armour chest (don't forget that Kaom was the first to get his armour, so Legacy yep) it looks like he doesn't have any more health than any other boss, which is quite sad.

Oh? How I wish he is using that useless Kaom's Primacy so that we can kill him without taking any damage?

If you want things to be fair by having the primal bosses wear their uniques, then surely it will be really fair with most of the useless uniques around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info