King Kaom fight

More moves is pretty much the main thing I want to see, the fight just seems a bit too linear at this point. However, thinking of his unique items, he would only have the option of a 6-link and two 4-links if we were going to go by that. So maybe more skills wouldn't really fit the theme. I would still like to see some sort of mechanic for gaining/using endurance charges though, since Kaom's Sign does have +1 max endurance charges. Also, there's gotta be a better way of regenerating flasks. Throughout the entire fight, I didn't notice one single add spawning in, although I did see maybe 4-5 bodies at the end. Compare that to just about every other fight currently in the game, and you see quite a difference.
PoE was the game that had worst boss fights from all arpg back in beta. Now, it changed so much. GGG should keep up making this type of boss fights.

The only thing I am "disappointed" a little is that they hyped up this fight a lot, and its not that great for how much tease they did with him. I thought more stages like act 1 or act 3 would be here
Shot puncture at the beginning, and run around in circles until he dies. So mechanik, much hardcore.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
The fight looks cool, but I agree with others that there are a few things I'd like to see:

Burning ground at the beginning of his leap slam (where he leaps from) would make repositioning harder for ranged characters.
He should bring in more mobs for flask replenishment, but not enough to get full off of one wave.
Molten Shell totems? No flameblasterino.
The arena's size and layout are fine, by making it any larger or placing obstacles in it the fight would become trivial for ranged characters.
He looks and moves HEAVY. That's perfect for his character. Don't change that.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Boem wrote:
"
Kiri2k wrote:
That's just cruel, we have to see on which map will be if high or not and with nasty mods wont be so easy

The real question is, will gmp map modifier effect the lava balls.

Turbo gmp twinned kaoms incommingg.....

Peace,

-Boem-

Yea but the fun thing is all those asking for hard fights when they're the first to skip hard boss on maps like dominus (if they ever reached that) etc and most of them are even playing sc . Probably they already forgot the shitload of whines they did for the new merveil fight.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Apr 17, 2015, 3:16:56 PM
give he an enrage fase. omg!!! he are dam slow!!!
Delete on death.
I think we all need to band together and buy Jonathan some decent gear. Poor guy got rekt

Looks like a fun fight though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Apr 17, 2015, 4:12:02 PM
He sure beats Brutus. Setting the bar nicely.

When you see any of these bosses, you have to imagine them in a map.
Im I the only one who reads it as king kong every time? lol

Also now I want beta access even more
I dont see any any key!
Hmm i am not sure if i want him faster. I mean guys he is KAOM , you know KAOM , the big bad guy with a big bad axe and really heavy equipment. Tbh the way he moves and attacks it feels so much Kaom-y . I don`t think he needs enrage but i could be in for more skills and more environmental or battle field changes. Like i don`t know.Maybe utilize the fact we are surrounded by freaking lava?

I love the lava balls that hit more and more the less hp he has and that those change directions and areas of attack enabling you to reaching a safe zone , that is awesome but how about shrinking the arena the less hp kaom gets because lava starts getting in. The shrinked part of the arena shouldn`t be not access-able but it should deal a lot of high burning damage at least . I feel like rangers will cheese this fight since Kaom is the slow kind of guy , maybe make his leap a bit faster so it can annoy the rangers quite a bit. If he uses some kind of cyclone with lgoh or life leech in really predictable movement style , that could be really cool.
Last edited by MadBro_ on Apr 17, 2015, 4:50:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info